Question Time Question Time with Makaze!

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Heart ❤, Dec 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

First: An old fogey.
    Current: CLOD CLOD CLOOOO- She always plays Mafia. A+

2. A Christmas Story

3. Any high paying job that involves problem solving. Unrealistically, information brokering.

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

1. Uh-oh! What happened?

3. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Slid on ice.

4. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Impressions?

What's your character alignment (eg; Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Evil, etc)?

How are you so chill all the time?

Favorite character ever who is not Izaya?

5. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

Do you have any goals that you plan to achieve in the new year?
    Is there a popular tv show that you think is overrated + why?

Sorry to hear about your car, Mak. Sending good vibes your way.

6. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

First: Good username.
    Current: Got some fire in her belly. That kind of drive will take her far (or further than most).

2. Chaotic Good > Chaotic Neutral > True Neutral. Chaotic Good all the time now.

3. Emotionally: I grew up insecure. I cared a lot what other people thought, and when I found someone I liked, I latched onto them and ignored everyone else. Kind of a codependency, mimicking whoever I wanted to be. During my teenage years, I suffered some emotional losses; one of those people abandoned me without a trace. I gained a core trait to seek independence in both mind and body. (See "intellectually" below.)

To recover my losses I trained the ability to think about and accept the loss of anything before it happened, so that nothing could hurt me. I became like a sociopath without remorse because I had no investment in anything; everything was a game to me, and I scoffed at anyone who cared. Eventually I developed attachments to things that were valuable to me in spite of myself; people and relationships that fulfilled me; and I changed from sociopathic to self-controlling, using the same methods to cut off unwanted emotions. Years of this process made it second nature, and now I can shut off almost any stream of emotions on a dime despite surprises that happen.

Intellectually: One of my core drives as a person is to be independent, detached, and accurate in thought and action. Where others are happy to read others, I am not happy until I can read myself; to rise out of myself, analyze what I am doing, why I am doing what I am doing, what outcomes I can expect based on how I read others, and decide whether it is something I should be doing, or something that hurts my overall goals. It is impossible to be angry while doing this analysis because anger and presence of mind are so disconnected that the minute you are able to see yourself from the outside, your anger is gone and replaced by calm decision making. Whenever someone predicts me, plays me by my emotions, or otherwise outsmarts me, I internalize their observations, knowing myself better. The better I know myself, the more present I can be. The next time those emotions are exploited, I can analyze them and cancel them. Each experience adds to the last, and as my intellectual model of myself becomes more complete, so does my control over individual functions. Awareness is power: over yourself, and if you have it but others do not, then over them too.

4. Tom Ripley (The Talented Mr. Ripley, film version). After reading what I just said, you will understand. Watch the movie.

4. Get a new car + see Saxima.

5. NCIS. It bores me to death.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  7. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Are you well? Do you have damage?

8. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I am fine. Medics cleared me. My car is totaled. Going to check it out in a bit, get all the stuff out of it.

9. 61 No. B

blood type?

10. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I don't actually know.

11. C This silence is mine

So here's a scenario. You're an old and weak man, a couple of years away from dying. You tell your family and your friends that you're gonna travel the world until death, but in reality you're actually gonna use to kill yourself. So you get a couple of cinder blocks and tie them to one end of a rope and the other end around your stomach, speed up the boat and throw the cinder blocks off the boat. So you end up at the bottom of the ocean some random place, everyone in your family thinks that you're out and seeing the world and the boat ends up on the coast of some island. Is it still considered suicide and do you end up going to hell? Mostly the latter part.

12. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

It is suicide, but not legally. It would be ruled missing persons.
    I have no reason to think that hell exists, so I think I would just cease to exist.

13. C This silence is mine

But hypothetically, if it did exist?

14. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

"If a place people who commit suicide went to existed, and you committed suicide, would you go there?"[DOUBLEPOST=1482444195][/DOUBLEPOST]Long version: It depends on the conception of hell. According to most religions, suicide is a mortal sin, meaning no amount of good washes it away. One way ticket.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  15. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Impressions?

If you could be transported to a fictional universe of your choice, would you go and if so which universe? You would appear in that world with only the clothes you were wearing and there is no way to return to this world once you have gone.

If you could transport your current mind with all your current memories to your body at a point in the past of your choosing, would you? If you do so you would have to live out your life again from that point and there is no way to return to your original timeline.

What is your favourite fruit?

If you could have any super power, what would it be?

Would you rather be unable to lie (or remain silent) when asked a direct question or turn mute?

What is your favourite season?

If you had the option to see your own future, knowing you would be unable to change it once you know it, would you look?

Do you have any phobias?

What is the best way to make an exit?

16. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

First: Form without substance; someone who goes through the motions, not knowing who she is or what she is going to do. Nondescript due to lack of passion.
    Current: Someone who is learning how to take risks and think on her feet. Confidence will spur on this progress.

2. If I had to go alone, I would not. Fictional characters are caricatures of their author's mind. Nothing to fall in love with there. If I had to go, I would choose The Name of the Wind. Practical magick is a dream I would have realized. My passion, and I suspect talent for it would be immeasurable.

3. Yes. I would transport my mind back to my five year old self, or something like that. Think Butterfly Effect, but with me instead of Ashton Kutcher.

4. Bananas.

5. Unnoticeability: the power to make others unaware of your presence (a subset of mind control). Secondly, teleportation.

6. Are you kidding? Unable to lie. So easy.

7. Autumn

8. No. There is no point to life if you can't be surprised.

9. Thalassophobia

[​IMG]

17. 61 No. B

favorite audrey hepburn film?

18. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I've never seen one.

19. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Well I know it's been a long long looong time, but:

1. Impressions?
    2. General thoughts about 2016 as a whole?
    3. Are you in any way superstitious? Even just the slightest thing?
    4. Do you hold any religious beliefs or agree with any religious ideas from any religion religion (eg/ reincarnation)?
    5. Any hairstyles you dislike?

20. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.