Question Time Question Time with DigitalAtlas!

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Plums, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hayabusa Venomous

Yeeeeee I love things like this. Limit Breaks have been ma shit since Final Fantasy VIII, so when I actually get to SEE it done with some kind of visual shift, it's da bes (like when Raiden's all "Doktor I need to feel pain real quick YEAH THAT'S THE STUFF".) And I imagined you were going to say "AND MY EYES GLOW A SHINY TEAL" but having looked up the Wonder Eyes Red that's cool too.

2. Hiro ✩ Guardian

1. First impressions? (This is gonna sting and I know it)
    2. Current impressions?
    3. Thoughts on Kill la Kill?
    4. Favorite Gen VI Pokémon?
    5. Favorite part of Pokémon Gen VI?
    6. Thoughts on A Link Between Worlds?
    7. Why don't we talk more? XD

3. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

God, I hated you XD I was really annoyed by your presence because you seemed a lot like you wanted to kill the fun of a lot of people I liked. You were always on the opposite end of fights and I always thought of you when I thought of people who ran to the mods. You just came off as an asshole to me and I was always ready to throw some verbage at you.

I think you're a nice fellow. Young hearted and young minded, but you really do try to take joy from a lot too. You're a good guy with good interests. Sometimes you're funny too XD Don't mind talkin' with ya when we do by any means. Sometimes I gush to you about Zelder stuff too :X

Haven't watched it, won't until it's dubbed, but I dig the art.

My favorite Gen VI Pokemon aesthetically would be Frogadier/Greninja. As for actually using, I haven't really used that many competitively but I'm excited to get my hands on Trevenant, Noivern, and protean Greninja. I also adore Meowstic- she's saved my plenty in the PvE and is very fast. Nothing this gen stands out too much yet for me, but I think they provided a great selection during the campaign.

Trainer customization, hands down. I don't care much for mega evolution and love customizing trainers. Wonder Trading is a great addition too.

I haven't beaten it, but I got far enough to for the game to feel short. When I got the master sword with absolutely no challenge, already purchased 90% of the weapons and then was told to enter the castle I purposely went to invade, I realized it's not the game people say it is and has very little comparison to Link to the Past other than the world it takes place in. That moment really ticked me off, too. Like, I loved how A Link to the Past really didn't hold my hand other than vaguely telling me where to go. I could try to invade Hyrule castle whenever and no one really told me. No one especially stood in front of the castle being all "YO! YOU SHOULD GO IN HERE NOW!"

Gotta message me :P

Thanks for the questions!

[DOUBLEPOST=1395472647][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yeah man, I love transformations like that. In Wonderful 101, before every boss you "enage unlimited form," which basically means you have access to your max amount of battery (ink from Okami). I wish it meant actually unlimited battery but fuuuu whatevs

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  4. Labrys King's Apprentice

Hello Digi, haven't seen you quite awhile.
    How are you?
    So far what's your opinion on Kill la Kill?
    Impressions?
    Any specific reasons why your username is DigitaAtlas?
    Any favorite Fighting games?
    If a girl tells you that she's a hardcore gamer and states that she's a YouTube Star, Cheerleader, part of a seority (Might not spell it right), and porclaims to be a Fightness Fanatic, would you believe her?

5. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

GLAD I CAUGHT THIS! I think the thread closes today.

HELLO LABRYS! I have kept you in my thoughts!

I am good, just been playing video games and trying my best to imitate a lump on a bed while I look for new jobs. Just beat Final Exam tonight- very good game and working on beating Dead Rising but that game does not like me at all despite how much I like it.

My opinion on Kill la Kill is that I haven't seen it yet :X I don't intend to until it's dubbed. I like the art though.

First impressions: You were pretty nub-like when I first got here and talked to you, but I gave you a chance because you reached out for communication first and I thought you were pretty going and going to be a good member of this place. Turns out, I was right! As my current impressions are that you're cool guy- I definitely appreciate having you around here, especially because you like a lot of the same stuff I do and always cash in on those recommendations I give ya, heh. But yeah, I have no complaints with you except that I wish you'd post more :P You're always so very relaxed when you do post around here and I think that does a lot of good on these boards. That's all I got :X

DigitalAtlas* And absolutely. Shadowjak may have been who I was physically, but it wasn't me. I wasn't very genuine and used it more as a persona, so I wanted to come up with a new identity that I could be true with. I used the name DigitalWonka at some places because I used to be on the radio as DJ Wonka (always brought the sweet hits :X). But it still didn't feel fitting. It didn't express my goals and desires for my being so engraved into communities. It was right around then I was introduced to the story of Atlas, the Greek titan, and many of its interpretations. At its core, it's about a titan cursed with holding up the world forever, but why? In one iteration, it's because he led an army on the other titans and tried to take over everything for himself. He was a conqueror, who lost. In another telling, one of the gods were going to make the planet fall to its death to end the battle, but Atlas cared too much for humans so he vowed to hold it up. Both of those really resonated with me. He was like my spirit animal. I have a lot of ambitions and wish to spread my name far and wide across the internet. I want to add quality to this digital environment where I feel there is little and sustain it. In short, I wish to act out those stories in a way. I want to hold up the digital world because I love it. That's why I have my username. (right @you so spice ?) Thank you for asking that question.

Um, I really dig Marvel vs Capcom 2 (didn't play 3), and Street Fighter 3. I also like Super Smash Bros Brawl, if that counts. Really, the crazier and faster it is the better for me.

Sorority* I mean, you have no reason to doubt her. Get to know her, hope she proves those claims and isn't just full of crap. Never can go wrong with having another friend, right?

Thanks for the questions!

6. Hayabusa Venomous

-Why are you waiting for Kill la Kill to be dubbed in English before watching it? Is it for convenience?
    -Who's your best character in Smash Bros? (you can say if they're for Melee or Brawl or Project M or whatever)
    -Most anticipated game supposed to come out this year?
    -Just for fun, what's your opinion on David Cage?

7. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Hey so

Hey so

Hey so

What's your favourite colour?

8. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I don't like subs for the same reason James Rofle doesn't. Obviously if you can't get it in the language where you understand intricacies, then you should watch it subbed. But I prefer dubs because I don't need to keep my eyes focused on one part of the screen nor do I have to shift focus from bottom half to upper half. You really don't get a feel for the talent of the voice acting either as you're just reading (in your head, of course) the English subs, words they didn't say, in the inflection of the voice actor and claiming BEST VOICE ACTING ALWAYS OMG I UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING HE SAID IN THE LANGUAGE SPLOOOOOOGE. I'd much rather kick up my feet and let my ears do the listening and my eyes appreciate the animation. It's just how I roll.

I don't care much for Project M, and I really don't enjoy playing Melee anymore. Not because I find it bad or anything (I do find its design to work against its goal), but more of because of who I associate it with and how many nostalgia goggled people shout at me for not wanking it to the game. As for your actual question XD I love playing as Link, Pit, Pikachu, Ike, or Samus.

David Cage is some pseudo cinema snob who left film school, couldn't make a decent film, and decided to work in video games because that's the only place crap writing like that will be praised as great story. I'm starting to think Kojima isn't much different what with his DOUBLE RAPE scene but we'll see...

THANKS FOR THE QUESTIONS! People now hate me XD Why don't you just ask me what I think of KHII while I'm on track to be the most unpopular member of all time?

Teal yo!

Thanks for the question!

9. Hayabusa Venomous

I can say from personal experience that there are series that I've watched both in Japanese and English, and preferred the English. Dragon Ball Z, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Cowboy Bebop, Fooly Cooly, Code Geass, to name a few. And from how much I've watched subbed anime, I don't really feel like I'm putting much of any effort now to read the subtitles while also seeing what's on screen.

Eh, it's the same situation that I've talked to you about before (separate a fan base from a game) though it's tougher when it's so focused on multiplayer, so I get it kinda.

One of my joke explanations is that he's an alien who's trying to write captivating stories in an attempt to understand how human beings work. At least that explanation works when you look at shit like BEYOND: Two Souls.

Mate, it couldn't be worse than when I was the only person in my friend group for a while who actually thought Sword Art Online was trash and not 10/10 material :D

10. Plums Wakanda Forever

Hope you had a good QT, SJ~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.