Question Time Question Time with Ars Nova!

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Plums, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plums Wakanda Forever

Question Time with...

Ars Nova!

A couple of guidelines before you begin..

1 - Keep it within the rules of the forum, nothing over PG-13. This is still KHV, which means that you must not use this thread as an excuse to berate or harass the Question Time participant. That being said...

2 - ...The Question Time participant does not have to answer all of the questions.

3 - The Question Time participant must maintain some level of activity within this thread. Don't leave all of your questions unanswered. You're in the spotlight, baby, so shine!

4 - Give the Question Time participant some time to answer, and let others have a chance to ask. Remember that they are in the spotlight for at least one week, so do not feel the need to barrage him/her with a lengthy list of questions all at once.

And now that you have read the rules, you may ask away!~

@Ars Nova

2. Shuhbooty moon child

What is your favorite dish? (or food, if not a specific dish)

3. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

We already know each other so well...

Impressions? Sorry, not sorry.

4. Hayabusa Venomous

Who your 2D waifu?

Best comic line you've read?

Sweet or salty snacks?

Favorite fictional universe?

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

1. Impressions?
    2. Are we good friends? Are we great friends? Are super-duper awesome fantastic friends?
    3. On a scale from one to ten, what would you rate our friendship and why?
    4. How do you think I performed in my final boss battle here? 13:10 - End. (Even if you haven't played this game specifically, it's still an RPG, which I'd like to say you're familiar with. :p)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  6. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Redundant.

And... uh...
    I dunno mang, what would you do if you ran the zoo?

7. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

I'll try to make this at the very least entertaining for ya (hopefully)

• What will it take for Square to not disappoint you with the FFVII remake? (pls don't say "them not making one")
    • Favorite game for story?
    • Favorite game for in game mechanics/gameplay?
    • If you could go back and play one game for the first time (again) which would you choose and why?
    • Favorite genre/song? (right now, I know moods change)

8. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Nova~~~

Impressions?

Thoughts about monkeys?

Fav KH character?

Red or Blue?

Magic or Science

Favorite color?

9. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Past impressions?
    Now Impressions?
    Best tips for Mafia? ;)
    Favorite book?
    Best and worse memory from highschool?

10. C This silence is mine

What's the worst thing you've done towards someone who didn't deserve it?
    What's your favourite stuff to watch in your freetime? As in online media, not movies, tv shows and stuff like that.
    Have you ever done something illegal?
    Do you have enough body fat to mantain a pregnancy?
    What's your favourite dish?
    asl?

11. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

1. First and current impressions?
    2. Describe your dream video game (either to play or to create).
    3. Valor, Mystic, or Instinct?
    4. If you could voice any fictional character, who would it be and why?
    5. Pie or cake?

12. 61 No. B

which of the ayase sisters is best

13. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

First impressions alsonotsorry

I had good questions when I voted but legit two days passed and I forgot them. I'll ask more later.

14. ShibuyaGato Transformation

First and current impressions? u wu
    Got any animu/mango recs for me?

Can't think of anything else atm...

15. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

What game do you love that you feel no one else does?

Will you ever try VR again?

Favorite RPG battle system?

Favorite, recent, AAA game?

What made you stay at KHV? What made you come in the first place?[DOUBLEPOST=1469735826][/DOUBLEPOST]Favorite YouTube Channel and why?[DOUBLEPOST=1469735895][/DOUBLEPOST]If I say waifu, who immediately pops into your head?[DOUBLEPOST=1469736238][/DOUBLEPOST]Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts or Bloodborne?[DOUBLEPOST=1469736271][/DOUBLEPOST]If you had to pick any game for me to play immediately, what would it be? Now instead of me, for every one?

16. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

In general? Burgers, probably. From specific restaurants: Texas de Brazil's lobster bisque and Panera Bread's mac & cheese. I could eat those every day.

Then: [​IMG]
    Now: [​IMG]

Lucrezia Noin, Aisha Clanclan, Haruhara Haruko, Makoto Nanaya, Nikaido, Noi, Kanbaru Suruga, Jasper, Pearl, Y'shtola, Undyne

"Would one of you overgrown condom failures kindly remove the dead fucking dragon from my runway?" –Countess Robot X, Saga ch.15

I can't believe I don't have the Road to El Dorado gif BOTH IS GOOD

Oh god. I don't even know. Uhhh. Probably FFXIV? MMO world with FF aesthetic, yespls. Really enchanting attention to detail. ALWAYS get writing ideas when I play it. Also Homestuck, for all the hyperflexible mythology.

I would say we are moderate friends by now

I dunno, 6.5?

It's hard to tell without context but you looked like you had a handle on things. Were there any defensive buffs you could've used? Seems like that guy can burst you down quick, might've been worth setting up a bit so you wouldn't have to stop and heal as much. Doesn't look like a very technical game though so there's not much of a performance to rate.

Set the animals freeee :> Nah but I'd make sure they're all in comfortable living conditions, probably either hire somebody to supervise their caretakers or do it myself. I'd also make it clear to patrons that they're only safe if they follow the damn rules, that animals in captivity are not necessarily harmless. No more gorilla shootin' or whatever happened a while back there.

It would take enough things that I don't have confidence they can pull off, that it'd be faster to just say "not making one." The localization would have to be written to an even higher standard than the original, since that one was great but had plenty of errors and left things out. Voice casting would have to really suit the characters, not just throw a bunch of recognized names into random roles (and for god's sake, get a black man to voice Barret). Gameplay would have to effectively balance action and strategy, something SE has never demonstrated they can do. It would have to preserve the original's sense of humor, with lots of bizarre NPC interactions and main characters wearing funky outfits (and I ain't just talkin about Cloud crossdressing). NO ALTERATIONS TO THE PLOT. No skipping flashback sequences, no streamlined dream sequences, no side areas cut out. I'd have to believe that the episodic format is being done to squeeze every last ounce of content out of every segment of the game, not every last dollar out of the fans' wallets. Pacing would have to survive the conversion to said format. I could go on but I'm a busy man

I wanna be lame and just say FFVII. People really just don't understand how great the story is, even folks who like it. Not just the narrative structure but the techniques employed to get it across. Of course Undertale is also up there. Those two might be tied.

Again, it's hard to pick... I like different games for different things. Armored Core 3, SMRPG, Growlanser II/III, Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir... Undertale would also make this list, actually.

Either SMRPG or Final Fantasy VII. Both were benchmarks in my gaming career. Despite not really playing that many RPGs until my late teens, those two experiences ensured that I always listed the genre among my favorites. With those off the table... probably Donkey Kong Country 2, to see if it really is unfairly hard and I'm just so used to it that I don't notice anymore.

Jesus Christ. Yeah, moods change by the second. Been on an electro/swing kick lately, listening to a lot of TAPE FIVE. (1, 2)

E: OMG I'M SO SORRY I GOT SO CAUGHT UP W/ IMPRESSIONS GIFS THAT I FORGOT TO ANSWER THE REST OF THESE. PLS FORGIV.

Monkeys are cool! I want to write a pair of wise old fortune-teller monkeys into one of my stories and name them Bane and Boon. Idk, just a random idea I had.

Xigbar.

I actually like them both fairly equally these days, probably because purple's one my favorites. But I'll go with red for consistency's sake.

Magic science. B)

Purple, orange, and pink/magenta! Any sunset colors, really. Blue and red also count, like I said.

Flow like water. Learn when to crash down on a suspect with confidence and when to bend your vote to the crowd. Remember that most of us are flying blind, don't beat yourself up over bad reads. The people you're trying to read are actively fighting the process, that tends to make it an inexact science. Don't post walls of info at random, because odds are the next five minutes of play are going to make it all obsolete; but do be ready to present your cases when the need arises.

I'm between Krampus: The Yule Lord and The Child Thief, both by Brom. (That's it, just Brom.) They're not, like, masterpieces, but each is a re-imagining of an old folk tale and I'm a sucker for those. Beneath that is House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski and The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. Outside of fiction, I'm also a big fan of Raymond Smullyan's works—He's the one who codified the Knights and Knaves puzzle, which you have without a doubt seen dozens of times even if you don't know it by name.

My best memory was hanging out in one of the quiet study rooms at the school library (doing anything but studying quietly) with all my writing club friends, and my worst is being caught watching Madness Combat with a friend in detention because we were whisper-shouting "YOU DO NOT KILL CLOWN, CLOWN KILLS YOU."

Let's Plays! I watch 'em all, baby. Game Grumps, Achievement Hunter, Super Best Friends, videogamedunkey, Vinesauce, Cr1tiKal, Jaltoid Games... If it's not that then it's usually game analysis/trivia, like SnomaN, matthewmatosis, or Did You Know Gaming. And then I also watch The Young Turks on the side, in a desperate attempt to stay informed on them wacky murrcan politics.

Sure. Haven't we all? Nothing they'd lock me up for life over, but I doubt I'm clean as a whistle. I tend to rolling-stop a lot at stop signs. I feel like you wanted something more specific because you're you :v Ain't gonna get it tho

NEW JET SET RADIO FUTURE. DONE.

Valor! I like Moltres :> also red. Also fire. Also strength & courage.

The problem with this question is that I only like to voice characters whose VAs I already like. So I could say Xigbar, Asod, etc. but I wouldn't want to take their job. I mean... I would take it from Epcar. Ok yeah Asod it is.

I used to be a cake man from DEEP, but now it's strictly pie. Esp. chocolate pies and pizza pies. Shit is deLISH.

I don't watch weeb trash

If you haven't read Dorohedoro and you're not squeamish about body mutilation, it's a gay ol' time. The plot is a beautiful mess and all the girls are tough as nails and get naked at least once (drawn by a woman too so the anatomy is tasteful). DOGS: Bullets and Carnage (the manga, not the bootybutt OVA) has not one, not two, not three, but... oh god I think it's a dozen. A DOZEN cute boys. It's nonstop over here. The plot is super cool, it's like three or four cyberpunk seinens rolled into one.

LOTS. ;_; Dark Souls II being the biggest and most recent. It ain't perfect but it's a damn sight better than the fandom wants to believe. It just succeeds in areas where Dark Souls traditionally fails, and vice-versa. Nothin' wrong with that.

I don't recall ever trying it the first time. But no, probably not. It gives me headaches and strains my eyes.

Tie between SMRPG and Chrono Cross. Child of Light had some cool things going on. Uhh Yggdra Union is good. There are a few.

Besides not really knowing what does and doesn't count as AAA, I don't think my answer would be that recent. I don't play a lot of big-budget titles. Overwatch I guess? I don't even really like it that much, I just played it 'cuz everyone else was playing it.

I came for community, and stayed because I found a good one.

I don't really have a favorite. It's not just that there's too many (although there is that), it's that I go to each channel for such radically different reasons.

See list above.

Eat a dick :E

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator, SMRPG

17. C This silence is mine

Do you want children? And if so, do you think you would be able to raise them well?
    What's your guilty pleasure?
    Who killed Laura Palmer?
    Would you go back in time if given the chance?
    What's your favourite animal?

18. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Woof.

19. 61 No. B

wrong
    the correct answer is

[​IMG]

you let me down

20. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Absolutely. I don't know. :'D

My whole life is genuinely enjoying things as an adult that most folks insist you should grow out of before age 16, so. Guilty pleasures aren't really a thing.

I did it I found BOB

Probably not. I can't even cross a room without knocking something over, wouldn't trust myself crossing time streams.

LION. rahh :3

If it makes you feel better they're for different reasons

I used to have this gif from Sengoku Basara captioned *PUNCHES U IN THE FACE (with love <3)*, I'd have used that for the 2nd if I still had it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.