Dream Drop Distance Question about trailer (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Glen, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Glen Returned from the dead

Well, just finished watching it, and that moment where Riku came face to face with...well, Riku (inception-like o.o) who could it be? Do you think that maybe they'll have data sora and data riku/journal in it? They already showed an in-game part where Sora was in his kh1 clothes. while i can't see WHY they'd be there (but hey vanitas is in it, so they're bringing back whoever the heck they want) but do you think it's possible? o.o

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

well maybe he's seeing a part of himself, since he's in a dream world, or something like that, but I'm not entirely sure. That's most likely something that won't be cleared until someone plays the game

3. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Personally, I think it's the Data Riku from Jiminy's journal. Since Sora and Riku are in a world of sleep, I figured that maybe Jiminy's journal was in something of a state of rest after having been freed of the bugs by Data Sora.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I thought it might have been the Data Riku as well, but can't he only exist in the journal? Even if it's in a state of sleep, how can the Data Riku be outside of the journal?

5. Patman Bof

It' s Riplukex ! ::L:

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Anyone else hoping for a bullshitted reason to throw Repliku in there?

7. Glen Returned from the dead

Might not even be bullshitted. I mean in the RE:CoM it showed Repliku dying but...in the original on GBA he just stayed behind to look after Namine..so hey if they follow the original then they could very well have Repliku appear, trying to track down Sora for some unknown reason.

Or he could just be there for the memories of Riku's past conflicts with him. That'd make sense, as he was still learning to use his darkness back then. It'd be like another trial.

8. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Isn't that kinda what I said?

9. ShibuyaGato Transformation

One problem: Repliku never wore an Organization XIII cloak. He only ever had the two outfits that KH1 Riku had.

Also, the whole theory of it being a test actually seems valid. They are in a world of sleep, there could be hidden memories that are reawakened.

10. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

I'm guessing it's Data Riku. If he is in a dream-state, it's not real, per se, so he could exist outside of the journal.

11. VentusRoxas Merlin's Housekeeper

Im thinking Riku Replica.

12. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Yea I'm pretty sure it's Data-Riku. Why?

Well, considering many people there... And well, just like the others folks, like the one that "died" or that "doesn't even exist" (nobodies), the Data-Riku is one of "them"; if you get what I mean.

And I don't think Nomura would be so without-creative to use a Riku exactly like Data-Riku to be a Riku that didn't show up.

EDIT:
    YES, I DEMAND RIKU REPLICA IN THIS GAME.
    Though he seems too young to be him.

13. Ventus PSP Aqua Gummi Ship Junkie

The game being about Dreams, heck anything is possible so I would say Data Riku. Just seems like He'll explain some events that occured in Recoded.

14. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

This isn't about dreams of Riku and Sora so much as it's about The worlds themselves being asleep. So everything that happens is actually happening. Hence if you die in a dream, You wake up. Now ask me what happens if you die in real life.

15. ygorvaz Destiny Islands Resident

I think that the jornal went in a sleep state when Naminé started fixing Sora's memory, so Data-Riku could very well be in DDD.
    Also, I think that the first part where shows Sora with his normal clothes is because he was entering in the first sleeping world: Traverse Town, and when he arrived he was alreeady with his new clothes

16. Skygazelily Merlin's Housekeeper

Hmmm, I dunno, I'm still kind of hoping for a reason for Repliku to come back ;u;

17. ygorvaz Destiny Islands Resident

I know that riku replica didn't die in the original one, but make him die in the remake and than put him back would be something very unlikely. I mean, it's a remake, but this doesn't mean that the plot changed at all.

18. fire mage Hollow Bastion Committee

I hope it is not data Riku. Could just be a mirror image, by someone playing with Riku's mind. Furthermore,I want it be someone unexpected, like someone no one has even thought of. Zexion anyone? The one who causes illusions XD

19. Glen Returned from the dead

I really hadn't thought of that. That would be an awesome suprise o.o