Pursuit of Power

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Doukuro, Apr 2, 2014.

  1. Doukuro Chaser

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2007
    Gender:
    Female
    1,172
    Humans always seek power. In their pursuit of it they are changing themselves, becoming more and more machine like with each passing year. As of right now the average human looks the same as always. But their brains are literal computers and circuits run throughout their bodies.

    Like all computers they can upload and download data. Memories, information and...power. Once ordinary humans can now download data that gives them the ability to perform tasks once considered impossible.

    The government has tried to keep a leash on it, allowing the more powerful data only to police, military and the like. But as more and more unique data is created and the lust for power grows their control weakens.

    Who are you in this? Are you someone who will pave the way to peace? Or do you only wish for chaos? Or have you forsaken both 'evil' and 'good' while only caring for yourself?

    Whatever path you may take it is up to you to reach the end. Now... Who are you?


    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

    { click icons for more info. click here for more on stats. }

    an interactive story with a warning of violence and death, though will abide to the rule of allowing nothing too graphic. the readers will vote on the actions and lead us to either a good ending or a bad ending. if a bad ending is reached then you can load to the last save point. the option to do so will not be visible normally but it is always available. along with the non-visible but always available options will be the option to check your inventory and to ask for a hint. you may also check your character sheet at any time. required amount of votes or waiting periods will depend on shown interest. anyone may jump in to vote at any time, but if waiting upon someone slows down the process it will not be done.

    shall we begin?

    [ ] sam
    [ ] isabella
    [ ] robin
    [ ] greg
    [ ] devin
    [ ] neon
     
  2. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2009
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    753
    650
    [ x ] isabella

    [ i was torn between her and robin but yeah ]
     
  3. Cat~ Transformation

    Joined:
    May 1, 2009
    Gender:
    Female
    4,068
    [ X ] Isabella

    so relatable <3
     
  4. Jin 基因組

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2010
    Gender:
    Heck
    Location:
    ?????
    285
    [x] Neon

    Just because.I'm sure everyone expected this from me. >_>
     
  5. Doukuro Chaser

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2007
    Gender:
    Female
    1,172
    [​IMG]

    character selection. . . .
    character selected!

    loading. . . .
    loaded: _ISABELLA

    loading. . . .
    GAME START!​

    [​IMG]
    __Day One. . .

    Weather: Sunny, mild temperatures
    Time of Day: Morning
    Health: Great
    Energy: Rested
    Mood: Fair
    Location: Campus Dorms


    You are in your second year of college. The classes are long and the homework can be grueling, but your social circle makes it worth it. Your friends are supportive as you always try to help each other. You also seem to be able to spot trouble from a distance, safely avoiding it before any drama is stirred up. Suffice to say your school life has been smooth sailing, exactly how you like it.

    It also has been pretty successful. Sure you're far from being the top student, but average is not bad either. However you are starting to fall behind in some classes... Those being
    World History and a course on Data Recovery. Sure, history is important, but the latter seems useless. The most you ever use Data for is sharing secrets and saving memories, things so simple even children can do it. Anything further is considered advanced and are normally used only by military officials and cops...

    Otherwise known as the least suited jobs for you. Unfortunately a friend pleaded for you to join her in the class and you can't bring yourself to withdraw despite wishing to. Though today you will not be joining her for class as it was actually the weekend and it was going to be a makeup session.

    Those could be skipped, couldn't they? After all you can do the work here either later today or tomorrow. But the teachers could also get on your case and they be can brutal sometimes... It's a tough call, but after some time you decide to...

    [ ] skip both classes

    [ ] attend both
    [ ] attend world history, skip data recovery
    [ ] attend data recovery, skip world history
     
  6. tamale Hydaelyn's Chosen

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2010
    Gender:
    Cisgender Male
    Location:
    Limsa Lominsa
    3,700
    Gotta be a good student since i'm not being one right now
     
  7. Ghost King's Apprentice

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2012
    927
    417
    [ ] attend both
     
  8. Doukuro Chaser

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2007
    Gender:
    Female
    1,172
    [​IMG]

    __Day One. . .

    Weather: Sunny, mild temperatures
    Time of Day: Morning
    Health: Great
    Energy: Rested
    Mood: Fair
    Location: World History


    It's a tough call, but after some time you decide to...

    [X] Attend both

    The classes are not that long so you might as well.

    You put on your favorite white dress and matching headband, hoping to find someone to hang out with inbetween classes. You add a tablet and a flora patterned wallet to your inventory before heading out.

    The walk is short and you fail to see any of your friends on the way there.

    [​IMG]
    New Location Unlocked!
    __World History Class

    Instead of your usual teacher it's someone you've never seen before. Maybe this teacher is just for extra classes or something.

    [​IMG]
    New Relationship Formed!
    __Ms. Blake
    Strangers

    Ms. Blake seems as uninterested in being here as some of the other students and yet she gives a lecture relentlessly. Not once does she stray from topic and there's such a lack of pauses you wonder if she has mechanical lungs. However, despite nothing new being said, she gives you a method which helps you remember dates of important events better.

    These events include the
    third world war where humans first started using nanomachines successfully to do healing beyond what the had been previously capable of along with the list of its inventors. There's also the more recent event where there was an uprising of anti-tech group made of mostly high school and college students who managed to destroy a research facility.

    Since that event schools, such as yours, started to enforce the practice of having more teachers around to watch their students and replace any recorded holographic sessions.

    ...

    Neat facts, but with the rate she's going at it is difficult to type the notes into your tablet to be uploaded to your memory bank. You do manage to retain some of it though.


    +1 kg

    Class ends sooner than you thought it would.

    __Day One. . .

    Weather: It's getting cloudy, mild temperatures with a chill
    Time of Day: Afternoon
    Health: Great
    Energy: Decent
    Mood: Fair
    Location: Hallway

    There was free time after World History so you managed to grab a bite to eat with a few of your friends. There was mostly talk of dating and plans for the evening, the usual. However one of your friends, Kendra, was rather spacey. She couldn't even remember your name at first.

    That was chalked up to stress of studying though. Exams are coming up soon after all...

    Speaking of, it is almost guaranteed that you will fail the Data Recovery exam as you are right now. At the very least you hope to learn something important today.

    [​IMG]
    New Location Unlocked!
    __Data Recovery Class
    ...

    So much for learning. Your teacher isn't in the room upon entering. The lights keep flickering as well, scaring you at first. Only after ten minutes do you adjust but at this point your mood has already worsened to
    irritable.

    Some students are leaving and you're debating going with them, but the classroom is also rather quiet with them gone. So instead you end up resting your head on the desk, quickly drifting off without meaning to. In your dream you see...

    [ ] a bright light

    [ ] a group of friends laughing
    [ ] the ocean

    *a reminder that all icons are links to the full image.
     
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  9. tamale Hydaelyn's Chosen

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2010
    Gender:
    Cisgender Male
    Location:
    Limsa Lominsa
    3,700
     
  10. Doukuro Chaser

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2007
    Gender:
    Female
    1,172
    Waiting upon more votes. Using this time to make a reminder about the command menu.
     
  11. Jin 基因組

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2010
    Gender:
    Heck
    Location:
    ?????
    285
    [x] the ocean
     
  12. Doukuro Chaser

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2007
    Gender:
    Female
    1,172
    [​IMG]

    __Day One. . .

    Weather: Cloudy with a chill
    Time of Day: Afternoon
    Health: Great
    Energy: Decent
    Mood: Irritable
    Location: Data Recovery Class


    In your dream you see...

    [X] the ocean

    This is perhaps one of the most vivid dreams you've had. The sand is warm under your feet, the breeze cools your face, and you can taste the salt in the air. Hearing and watching the waves calms you and your mood is lifted. You now feel relaxed. It is so peaceful that you wish everyone could see so that they could feel the same...

    However it feels as if the dream only lasts seconds before something jolts you awake. Literally as a shock runs throughout your body.

    Before you can truly wake up and process what's going on you find yourself on the floor, your desk knocked over. You're now in
    pain along with being dazed. There's muttering among the other three students who remained in the classroom as they stand. It appears they had also fallen over.

    Following their lead you get to your feet, looking around the room. The lights are still flickering, though now more violently than before. They only stop when everything goes dark.

    If it were not for becoming relaxed before this you would be too scared to move, however now you're only
    wary. This leaves you with enough courage to move, but do you really want to?

    [ ] stay in the classroom until the lights come back on

    [ ] brave the hallways
    [ ] call someone for help
     
  13. Ghost King's Apprentice

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2012
    927
    417
    [ ] brave the hallways
     
  14. tamale Hydaelyn's Chosen

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2010
    Gender:
    Cisgender Male
    Location:
    Limsa Lominsa
    3,700
    >save
    >brave the hallways
     
  15. Jin 基因組

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2010
    Gender:
    Heck
    Location:
    ?????
    285
    [x] brave the hallways
     
  16. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Camp Half-Blood
    4,184
    [ x ] Brave the Hallways
     
  17. Doukuro Chaser

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2007
    Gender:
    Female
    1,172
    [​IMG]

    __Day One. . .

    Weather: Cloudy with a chill
    Time of Day: Afternoon
    Health: Pained and Dazed
    Energy: Low
    Mood: Wary
    Location: Hallway


    The game has been saved...

    You have decided to...

    [X] Brave the hallways

    +1 cg

    It doesn't seem as if the light is returning anytime soon so you figure you may as well leave. They're just as dark, the lack of light outside helping little. But there's still enough to see the path before you.

    No one else is out here, the three students staying back in the classroom. That's a bummer, but you've already made it away from the door. Going back seems like wasted energy and motivation, and then you may not be able to build up the courage to leave again. So you keep going.

    You wish to leave, thus heading for the stairs as this is the second floor. However the moment you something catches your eye. It is a person, masked in the shadows. They're heading downstairs, their back turned to you so it is unlikely they have noticed your presence.

    You think it is best to...

    [ ] call out to them

    [ ] hide
    [ ] ignore and keep going
     
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  18. Ghost King's Apprentice

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2012
    927
    417
    [ ] call out to them
     
  19. Jin 基因組

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2010
    Gender:
    Heck
    Location:
    ?????
    285
    Ignore and keep going
     
  20. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Camp Half-Blood
    4,184
    [ x ] Ignore and Keep Going