PSP Pandora Battery Questions

Discussion in 'Technology' started by thecoder180, Jan 7, 2011.

1. thecoder180 Hollow Bastion Committee

OK, so I gots the urge to add CFW to my PSP, and I'll obviously need a Pandora to do it. However, I can't get the PSP battery open for my life to mod it into a Pandora Battery. Any tips?

Also:

- Can I use the Pandora as a normal battery for my PSP?
    -Is it safe to use? After Pandora'd.
    -Trying on PSP-1001 with offical firmware of 6.35 (I made the mistake of updating xP)

2. P Banned

I'd honestly recommend buying one instead of modding it. Buy one cheaply here.

On the other hand, you can mod it, I suppose.

A pandora can be used as a normal battery if you install the correct sort of IPL on the memory stick. I've got it working with mine, and it can boot into either the Installer, or the normal firmware easily. However my battery won't work unless the memory stick is in.

The battery is safe to use, once Pandora'd, provided you do it right, and don't wreck it. Playing with batteries can be dangerous.

Personally, I digitally converted my battery to a Pandora so I could help out friends, after I installed CFW via a friend's Pandora. Digitally converting means it can be turned back, while if you hard-mod yours, there's no going back.

3. Always Dance Chaser

I agree you are much better off buying one. you can find them online for $5 with free shipping if you know where to look. I just did it with mine and it turned out fantastic.

You can use your pandora battery as a regular battery but you have to convert it back to a regular battery. You can do that (After you've installed your CFW) by holding select until a menu pops up and picking "make normal battery" in the menu. Your battery is safe to use but usually companies just send you an inferior battery because it's just used to install CFW. It will work on your PSP 1001.

Also be sure to just make a magic memory stick with 5.50 GEN D3 on it to make the whole process a lot easier. Downgrading to 5.03 and doing all the HEN bullshit is needlessly complicated.

4. P Banned

Is there a computer-based installer for GEN? I've found them for M33, but not GEN.

Personally, I'd just go to 5.00M33, and upgrade to GEN from there. Using a HEN when you have a Pandora is needlessly complicated though.

5. Always Dance Chaser

There is no computer based installer for GEN, but you can just use the one for M33 and replace the M33 file with a GEN file. It works.

6. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

so does this mean that I specificly (not thecoder180) would need a pandora battery to run CWcheat after installing cfw? or is a pandora battery not that important?

7. P Banned

No. The battery is merely a method to get you onto CFW. Once there, you can use plugins such as CWcheat. You could have done it already, if you hadn't updated away from the CFW.

8. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

oh, kk, well I'll make sure to be more careful next time so that doesn't happen again.^ ^

9. P Banned

Once you have the battery, it doesn't matter whether you update or not. You can always fix your PSP 1000 and put it onto CFW if you have a Pandora battery. (Unless you do something really stupid, like messing with the NAND keys, but you have to go out of your way to do that.)

10. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

kk, and well I don't even know how to even access the NAND keys so I wouldn't be able to mess with them anyway.XP so ya....BTW I'm still waiting for the stupid battery and I ordered it the same day you gave me the link to it so once it comes I let you know k P.^ ^

11. P Banned

If you've ordered it, then it's probably a good idea to try to set up a magic memory stick in advance.

Firstly, do you have a memory stick? If so, how big is it?

Secondly, what operating system are you running?

12. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

ok, 1: yes, I have a memory stick and it's a 2gb

2: what do you mean by operating system? and where would it be located on my psp?

13. P Banned

Ah, that memory stick should suit our purposes fine.

Lol. I don't mean the operating system on the PSP. I mean the operating system on your computer. You need to prepare the memory stick using your computer, so I need to know what operating system you're running (e.g. Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X).

14. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

ohhh kk lmao,XDXD I use windows vista home premium.

15. P Banned

That could be bothersome, depending on the memory stick.

Can you get access to Windows XP?

EDIT: Found something that probably works on Vista. I'll guide you through this tutorial when you're ready.

16. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

yeah I can but I'd have to use my moms pc, and she's on it right now.DX what time do you normally go to bed because if I can get on before then then we can resume what we are doing.^ ^

17. P Banned

If you have your PSP with you, along with a cable that connects it to the computer, then I can go through it with you now. Dunno if it'll work though.

I don't have a regular sleep pattern, so any time works for me. If you want to arrange a time for me to help specifically, then use this clock to find a time/date that works, then convert it to UTC.

It might be easier to do this over MSN, if you prefer.

18. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

ok sure msn would be better and more private. I'll send you my msn e-mail via vm.^ ^

19. P Banned

Great, works for me.

If anyone else needs assistance with CFW related issues, feel free to either VM me or post in this thread.

20. Always Dance Chaser

Or me! I'm still relatively new to it but glad to be of help