Sony PSN - The current state

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠, Apr 26, 2011.

1. P Banned

Sheesh, they just can't catch a 8r8k, can they? It's possi8le that this is just the media 8lowing things out of proportion, but either way, they're 8eing victimised, 8e it 8y hackers, or 8y the media.

Lulz Security sounds like an Anonymous-8ased group name, doesn't it?

2. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

They really do although they seem to rub it in your face a lot more than anonymous. What anonymous did to sony was more like a "middle finger" to them more than a form of bragging. These guys seem to just have big egos.

3. The Fuk? Dead

The welcome back program is up. I'll see if I can get it working successfully.

4. Always Dance Chaser

I'm loving every second of this. Sony fails so hard.

5. Mixt The dude that does the thing

There is something about a forced change in password. I haven't bothered to go figuring it out yet

6. libregkd -

7. C This silence is mine

Well, looks like the program is live indeed. I thought it was only going to be active until the end of June 3rd, but turns out I just misread it lol. I too managed to do the same mistake libregkd did, but it was easily fixable. It's all good.

Why are you even in this thread, you who hates Sony? You're not contributing anything to the thread and you're just making yourself look even more childish than normally.

8. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Heads up to everyone. Most of the Welcome Back program is available until July 3rd, but there are a few movie rentals that are only for this weekend. They include "Ghostbusters" "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within" and "Bad Boys"

So twofold. First, if you want to rent those do it now. Second, the Network Traffic should go down quite a bit once the weekend is over.

9. The Fuk? Dead

Great, I've only seen Ghostbusters 200 times already. xD

10. ShibuyaGato Transformation

11. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Well this sucks. Sony only gives you one video activation and apparently it was used on my crashed PS3. I can use my PSP but it spends over an hour on the download, brings up an error, and deletes the file. I guess I'll have to skip out on the free movies. Still, with all the freebies here it is hard to complain.

12. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Wait, so the welcome back package is no longer redeemable? Or only parts? (What parts, please?)

13. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I'm just having tech issues between the high traffic of PSN and old activations that I want dead.

Currently all of it is online (Though you do need to pick it up in parts) they list the free movie rentals is listed as "this weekend only" but I'm not sure when exactly they are pulling the plug. Everything else you have until July 3rd to get (1 month)

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Oh I read it as June 3rd which is why I was about to freak out xD

15. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

It did say 3rd June, but it's obviously a mistake. Guess many folk saw it and panicked.

16. The Fuk? Dead

Thank god for this program. Abe's Exodus, Little Big Planet and Dead Nation are going to keep me entertained for a very long time.

17. Zter Banned

So it seems Sony gave me a lot of errors for free. What an exciting program.

18. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

You'll eventually get through to whatever it is you're accessing, but you're better off waiting another day or 2.

19. Mixt The dude that does the thing

It is just the mass traffic. I went in at 2AM and it was working fine.

Like Kitty said, just keep trying or wait for the rush to end.

20. P Banned

Source

It keeps happening. It just keeps happening.