PS2 emulater

Discussion in 'Technology' started by adamboy7, Dec 28, 2011.

1. adamboy7 Traverse Town Homebody

PS2 emulater (Updated!)

I would like to download an emulator program to my computer. I have no experence with emulator programs, and have some questions. I am aware that an emulator program can load something off of a disc. Would it be posible to have it start up a something on my actual computer rather than a disc? I would much rather have what I want to start up on my compter rather than on a disk that gets scratches, lost, broken, ect. If not, I can live with discs. Anyways, would it be posible to do so? Another question I have is can you start a disk up after another? Much like with Code Breaker, Game Shark, whatever, and then the game you want to affect. Can this be done on a computer? I would ask more questions, but it all depends on the who, what, when, where, and whys of the program I download. Any suggestions as to what I sould download? (Preferably no links for the emulator, unless its a video or something.) Thanks to everyone! :D Happy New year! (In a few days, but yea XD)

I quoted myself so you don't have to look for coment number 7 lol.

EDIT: I seem to have gotten the emulator up and running, thankyou all for your help! If you need me, I shall be playing Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix!!! :D
    EDIT 2: I no longer need any assistance. Unless anyone knows how to make the program run smoother. But then agian, I think it just may be my computer lol.

2. P Banned

Most emulators are able to boot up off of ISOs. An ISO is a disc image of the game. I imagine other formats are supported too.

From a quick google, from what I can see, the PCSX2 emulator doesn't run Codebreaker, but by using this tutorial, you can run cheats and the like.

Oh, and the PCSX2 emulator is probably your best bet.

3. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

I thought we are not suppose to talk about emulators and roms? x_x
    Anyway, I've ony used a PS1 one (I got rid of it) and I've heard the PS2 one (I dont have it) slows down a lot depending on what computer you have.
    It will be hard to find a working one because it took me weeks to find a working one. Sorry if Im not much help.

4. adamboy7 Traverse Town Homebody

Well, I will admit it is a touchy subject, however there is nothing wrong with actually owning an emulator program. Its what you do with it that can cause problems. This thread is fine however. You are free to talk about it. I asked Misty (Thanks agian by the way!) if it was alright, and she responded "It is allowed as long as you are not asking for game downloads or linking to any illegal content. =]" So its all good :) The speed doesn't really concern me all to much however, I can live with a lag if my computer isnt happy with the program.

Thankyou very much :) I will look into it when I get a chance. I am kind of sad that it doesnt run codebreaker however D: (I will probably try and find a way around it, but if that fails I guess there are other methods.)

5. P Banned

Judging from the URL, if you convert the Codebreaker codes into RAW format, you can run them, so if you already have Codebreaker cheats you wish to run, you should be able to run them without too much trouble.

6. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

Actually, it lags to a point to where something that takes a minute to do would take about 20 minutes to do it (when my friend did it) x_x
    I would like one too for a game I would love to play that isn't released outside Japan but I see it impossible.

7. adamboy7 Traverse Town Homebody

Okay, another question. I am trying to set up the program now. I need all the system information from my playstation for the emulator to work (That is, if I want to do it the proper and still legil way, which I am.) I am trying to install Free Mcboot to my playstation so I can use a dumpbios-mass.elf to get the binary information. However, the method I have found requires Gameshark. I have it, however, the version I have does not seem to want to do what I need to do. Tutorials to the method I am trying are found below (And this is the "propper" way to do it.)
    [video=youtube;R7EgXzwdX6g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7EgXzwdX6g&feature=related[/video]
    I must do this in order to be able to do this:
    [video=youtube;n3AVqzYcqSw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3AVqzYcqSw&feature=BFp&list=FL7abfxstdvUXipAAxC8y2eg[/video]
    Thankyou all for the help so far, any more help I can get is really, REALLY apreaciated!