PS1 RPG's and for the NDS.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by FuzzyBlueLights, Aug 2, 2011.

1. FuzzyBlueLights Traverse Town Homebody

I'm looking for PlayStation 1 and Nintendo DS games. But only of the RPG variety. As long as it's an RPG, I want to see it listed, so I can research and see if I want to play it myself. Turn based are preferred but that's not all they have to be. So KHVians, recommend me some games?

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

From personal experience, the only one that I can suggest is Final Fantasy VII.

It's turn-based. However, if the player doesn't act fast enough, the enemies will attack, so it gives it more of a challenge.

Hope that suggestion helps.

3. Plums Wakanda Forever

Kingdom Hearts Re:coded

Mainly all the turnbase happens in Olympus Colosseum, but there are a lot of different gameplay changes from Third Person Shooter to Turn Base to Regular KH style; it keeps the game fresh, imo..

The World Ends with You

Also not turn based (at all), but the storyline is really absorbing, and the music is wonderful.

4. FuzzyBlueLights Traverse Town Homebody

XD I've played all of the FF main stories. From the times of Warriors and Mages, to the escapades of Lightning. Except for FF11. And I've currently am playing The World Ends With You. It is in my Top 10 favorite games. <3 Wonderful OST.

5. Llave Superless Moderator

I know that Dragon Quest is most likely an rpg for the DS and is well recieved by the Japanese audience. I know its made from Square Enix, but i haven't played it. I don't know if Pokemon counts, but you play as either the guy or girl characters. they are always fun:)

6. FuzzyBlueLights Traverse Town Homebody

o: I'm currently playing Dragon Quest 9. And I'm liking it so far. So I might play one of the older ones now. XD And I currently own Black.

7. Gultigargar Hollow Bastion Committee

If you have not played Chrono Trigger, it's on the SNES, PSX, and DS. The PSX version is a pretty bad port, though. The DS version has a new/better translation than the old SNES, but lost some of the charm the old one had.

8. libregkd -

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

10. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

The Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles games for the DS are pretty good. There's also the remakes of Final Fantasy 3 and 4 for the DS as well. Both of them are very good, though 3's job system is changed from the original.

11. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

Yeah legend of dragoon actually it's in the tops for me.