Prove it.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by jafar, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Inasuma "pumpkin"

It should be possible to make an adequate theory based on logic, reasoning and pure problem solving. This is something science uses. Also, the scientific method, by who? Science. A lot of these things come from science. It is not comparable to the God theory because the God theory is an absolution. Science is trying to find the truth, whereas religions claims it has the truth. These are not comparable. So a discussion over who is right is pointless.

The correct debate should be "natural physics, equilibrium, and occurence vs. intentional design/intelligent design." And this is about God, not which method is true. So let's get back on topic as to why God exists or not, not whether the universe was created by Him or natural occurrence of physics.

(Stop the pointless banter or this thread will be moved to debate, or if bad enough, closed as a whole and merged with evolution vs. creation.)

2. Rainbow~Monkey Gummi Ship Junkie

lol, i was gonna say something, but you wouldnt understand it.

3. OhHey Merlin's Housekeeper

Prove. Disprove. It is a bit unfair to ask this of other people. Once they give their proof, others will immediately discredit it. It doesn't really matter what proof they will give. This thread's purpose is to try to ruin any proof. Don't fib. That is what most of you wanted. I refuse to play this game of yours.

4. Destined Working for WDW

Prove to me why Utah can't be ranked as National Champion and i'll work on proofing that God exists

5. robert the yogurt Traverse Town Homebody

It is hard to know weather god is real or not. But then again nobody has lived long enough so storys got screwed up as they were passed from generation to generation. My beleif is that "God" or "Allah" Or whatever the true name of "God" Is well if you beleive in him he exists if you don't beleive then he does not

6. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

But the fact is that God, being a being of infinite or near infinite power as depicted in the bible, could've done anything with this world for any amount of time. He could've put the fossils there.

7. robert the yogurt Traverse Town Homebody

I must agree but still the bible COULD be wrong in places. Even GOD has a limit to his power making life would probably have been enough power drained for a couple of million years.

8. Styx That's me inside your head.

That might question the existence of a creating God, but not a judging God.

9. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

It is impossible to prove God exists. All you can do is look all around you at the world. Plants, animals and human beings. There's the proof.

10. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

Of course the bible was wrong in some places, that's exactly why you can't take it literally. For instance, the world obviously wasn't created in seven days, but to the perspective of God as an eternal being it may have seemed like that.

11. The Fifth Element Traverse Town Homebody

I totally agree. Frankly, I love to debate but when people get like that it just makes me wanna quit. I believe that debating is a logical and calm way to reason your side out the the other person, who in turn does the same. It's not a shouting match. Then it would be called an argument.

But I digress.

Anyway, I believe that God created everything and someday he will come back for us. I would love to debate my beliefs with someone else who wants to. (But look, if we want to speak of someone being ignorant then at least don't act that way yourself.)

So who is up for a good debate? :bounce:

12. jafar custom title

For the last time, this is not a debate. I repeat, NOT. If it were, this would be in the god damn debate corner. I'm getting sick of this, and I am on the ****ing verge and I am ready to send that message to either get the thread closed or moved to the ****ing debate corner because none of you bother to read the posts in the thread, where I stated that this is not a debate thread. So for the last time, do not debate whether or not God exists, but for those who do believe in the existence of God to state why he exists with concrete evidence and for those who don't, they should state why he doesn't. No debating. End of story.

13. HellKitten Kingdom Keeper

But evolution still can't exist. He just put them there to entertain us.

14. Envious623 Twilight Town Denizen

My, people always get so stirred up over religion.

Personally, I believe it is impossible to know. It is impossible to prove God exists and impossible to prove that he doesn't. I believe science over many things stated in the bible, however. I see no substantial prove of creationism whatsoever, but I recognize that there are people who believe in this, and I have no wish to start an argument with others, so I'll stop on that subject. I believe in the Big Bang theory, but why it happened, I can't say. Was it God? Who knows?

The thing that frustrates me is how so many wars are fought over religion. I'm going to come right out and say this: I think the wars and battles that have been fought over the city of Jerusalem are stupid. They're just stupid. I don't understand why, because these two religions, Judaism and Islam areso similar. They believe in the same God. Islam simply believe in Mohammad. It frustrates me to no end. Most religions preach that wars and fighting are bad, but then they go and fight wars over them. It's... frustrating. This thread is a less extreme example of what I'm talking about, with people biting each others heads off. Can't we just all get along? ​

15. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

As nice as that would be, the world just isn't going to hold hands and sing Kum-Ba-Yah because there will always be at least one guy who has something against the dude next to them.

16. The Fifth Element Traverse Town Homebody

...someones angry....

But ok for the sake of your happiness in this thread I won't call it a debate. Sorry, I didn't think it would bother you. :china:

As for your question I'm probably not smart enough to prove it but I would urge you that, if you really wanna know, then read The Case for Christ and then The Case For Faith. The author actually had the same believe that you do, that god wasn't real. At the end of the book..well just read it.

17. Envious623 Twilight Town Denizen

I know that won't ever happen, because humans aren't perfect. I'm just saying it's slightly ironic that people fight wars in the name of religion. Don't you agree?

I know it won't happen, but it would still be nice, wouldn't it?​

18. jafar custom title

It is not a debate, period. Just state your viewpoint. Don't argue, etc. If you need the other person to have something cleared up in their post, you can rebuttal it, but not to defend or prove your views, but to better understand theirs.

19. Spike H E R O

You can't prove God exists, but you can't really prove he doesn't exist, either. You can think of Him as either an excuse that religious use to explain the origins of our existance on this little planet, and it gives them something to turn to in moments of despair to comfort themselves. I think God is really just some kind of force or maybe some kind of energy instead of some kind of almighty being like The Bible makes Him out to be.

Even if there WAS a way to prove whether or not He exists, whatever results came of it would only lead to a war or some kind of cataclysmic conflict that would rip society a new *******.

SO STOP PICKING ON GOD!! :roar: