pregnant

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by smexygirl, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smexygirl Banned

My bf's parents are happy they're gonna get a grandchild(s) but my parents would probably kill me if they could.

2. Finale Wannabe Nobody

and the longer it takes
    the more developed the baby gets, and the more it is developed, the more damage to your body it does if ya get aborted.

3. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

I'd be surprised if your parents didn't. A 15-year old having a kid isn't typically the best news for your parent. As for you bf...how old is this guy? Unless his parents are braindamaged, they should be angrier at him than your parents are at you.

4. smexygirl Banned

My bf is 17 and his parents might've just been nice because I was there too.

5. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

*shakes head* No, if all parties know, then there would definitely be some kind of scrap going on, whether it's parents vs kids, or playing the blame game on one individual (more than likely the bf). I don't know why they're being so chummy about this...do they let him get away with a lot?

6. Finale Wannabe Nobody

details dont matter <3
    well
    some do...but either way i want to ask. why not use a condom?

7. smexygirl Banned

Yeah. My parents yell at me for coming home 1 minute past my curfew and yet my bf can come home drunk as hell and his parents don't give a damn. I might end up having to raise the baby on my own.

Ask my bf that question, not me.

8. Finale Wannabe Nobody

The BF is a problem ._.

he'll need an attitude adjustment

9. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

Okay, that explains a lot. You might be right about raising the baby by yourself, I'm sorry to say. How close do you two live within each other?

10. Scott Pilgrim Banned

Well, if you need to, just raise the baby by yourself. I'm sure that if the father is drunk, then little baby Alex might get hurt. No one would want that. I say give it to your mother and treat it as a sister for 3 years, and raise it when you're 18.

Even better, put it up for adoption. It may get a bit dramatic with him/her in your life.

11. Finale Wannabe Nobody

agreed

Adoption ^.^

And giving birth is painful...i guess thats the Karma bit...

12. Spunk Ransom you're already perfect

I'm not saying that adoption is not an option, but you will probably get really attached to the little baby. You are going to be together for nine months and I sure you will love him or her. I say keep the baby, it may get a bit tough at times, but it is YOUR child.

13. smexygirl Banned

We live around the block from each other.

14. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

ya, a teenage pregnancy is bad but it could be a good idea to keep the kid if you choose to keep it and if you are financially and emotionaly ready for a big,big,bigchoice that you will have to deal with for the rest of your life. I do hope that you decide to keep it because it is your choice and yours alone, (unless the Bf wants to be a part of its life).

15. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

Well...location wouldn't be a problem if you two were to raise the child together...but then again, I have no idea if he'll clean up his act. Do you know whether or not you want this child? Or are you still too scared to tell?

16. smexygirl Banned

I'm not sure yet. I want to but I also don't.

17. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

Personally, I would vouch for you keeping the child. Yes, it's scary, but at the same time it can be wonderful having a child around (I'm not saying you two should go ahead and have another kid immediately after this one, but this doesn't mean your lives come to an end, either). If something were to happen (heaven forbid) that you would have to give the child up for adoption, I have to say this: Make sure it's because you know you don't have the resources to raise him/her, and not because you don't want to keep him/her. I guarentee you'd regret it for the rest of your life if you chose the latter.

18. childofturin Why?

I am generally opposed to abortion, having been raised to respect life. If you do not want this baby, or are financially unable to care for it, see if A) any relatives will take it, B) see if any family friends are willing, or C) where the nearest adoption agency. If you do want it, GET A JOB. As fast as possible - and as high-paying as possible. Your partner too. And, if tax law give discounts for married couples with children, consider marrying your partner. If not, it's not really a necessity, just make sure your partner will pay his end. Children are expensive. And do NOT have sex again until you are SURE that either the birth control will work, or you want and can afford another kid.

Abortion should really be a last-ditch resort - there are many people who live very happy, extremely productive lives whose lives started as unwanted children. It's not guaranteed that your child will be one of them, but would you really want to abort the next Mozart or Einstein? Be sure to give it plenty of thought. If you can decide in a day or two, you probably haven't thought hard enough about it.

I do feel bad for you, but it is really your fault that you decided to have sex in the first place - birth control or no birth control. They have been known to fail. Was your partner wearing a condom as well? That would seem to be a logical precaution, given what has happened.

19. Rosey Chaser

Question dear, how old are you?

Like misty said, you cant expect the pill to be a ****ing miracle pill. You can't blame anyone in this situation but you for deciding to have sex with someone even with all the risks involved.

If you are young, I would see how much your parents and his parents are willing to support you in this. You are going to have a lot of responsibilities, you might have to drop out of school etc etc.

And how the **** did you only get grounded for a week.

20. childofturin Why?

If this happens, depending on your level of education, you do want to complete it at some point. If you're still in HS, take a general high-school-in-college degree (you can take it at your own pace, maybe one class a semester, etc, around your schedule) - most community colleges offer them - and they are fairly cheap. If you are in college, drop down to maybe one or two classes a semester, or consider an online college. In any case, if you don't finish your education, forget about ever having your own home, a decent car, internet, etc. You make about $1 million less in your life without a college degree, and the number only gets higher without a HS degree.

I don't mean to scare you, but these are the facts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.