Prediction: A Kingdom Hearts III Demo Comes With the Rumored Dream Drop Distance HD ReMix

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by lockedongamer, Feb 27, 2015.

1. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

With Final Fantasy Type-0 HD getting a Final Fantasy XV demo, I believe that there will be a Kingdom Hearts III demo included with the rumored Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance HD this year. It's been 3 years since Dream Drop Distance released so Kingdom Hearts III must be pretty far along. I do think that it would be difficult for Square Enix to sell Dream Drop Distance by itself. They need something else because the previous two collections had so much content. They also mentioned that there will be news this year for KH3 so I think we'll get a Kingdom Hearts III Demo/Prologue with Dream Drop Distance HD ReMiX in the Fall/Winter.

If I had to guess a setting, I think we could explore the entirety of Destiny Islands. Perhaps it could get attacked by the darkness in a similar way to what happened in the The Land of Departure, and Sora and the gang have to protect it. It could also be focused on finding Aqua, due to Eraqus' keyblade appearing in Destiny Islands during the E3 2013 trailer.

What do you think?

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Sounds like a plausible theory. The promise of FFXV's Episode Ducsae is probably driving people in droves to pre-order and buy Type-0 HD who otherwise might not have. I also wonder if an HD ReMIX of 3D would include some form of x [chi]? For that matter, how a PS3 or PS4 version of 3D would even incorporate the Reality Shift mechanic...?

I don't think the demo would be something so critical to the plot as finding Aqua, or any of the other seven Lights, though. I could see a scenario like you've described with the Destiny Islands, though, possibly even replacing it with Daybreak Town, or Twilight Town. But what I'd want to see is Kairi being the playable character in the demo, going through one of those scenarios as she learns to use the Keyblade. It's not likely, but it'd be nice.

3. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

Well until now they didn't bring any game that was on nintendo platform over to Sony, only movie versions (And yes chain of memories, but it was actually a remake of the remake), so I don't think we'll see DDD on playstation.

4. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

Honestly I don't think that matters. The game's most likely running on the same game engine as the other remastered games that have been remastered so I don't think that will be an issue.

5. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

At least from what I understood, I believe he was referring to potential licensing issues.

6. libregkd -

7. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Probably for PS4 since it has a touch screen. PS3 would probably have you press a button for the reality shift mechanic.

8. KHOmega Destiny Islands Resident

I mean, you could always use the analog stick and such. The map would be placed on the main screen like in the other games, and I guess you can use the PS4's touchpad, but it wouldn't be as precise(?)

As for a KH3 demo, I don't see why not? Maybe a short trailer exclusive, but that would make a bunch of people mad in my opinion.

9. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

Perhaps they could even take the touch screen mini games out completely. I found them quite gimmicky anyway.

10. KHOmega Destiny Islands Resident

How would those touch screen controls work during battle? The one where you can do certain things and stuff.

11. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I saw a great video about why developers don't like to make Demos:

I think the only reason why Square did a demo for FF 15 is because it was becoming and myth just like the last guardian and Half life 3, at this point they have to get us excited about it and most time they only got vapor to show us.
    Even though Kingdom hearts have been long awaited and postpone we never run out of Kingdom hearts (even though they shifted platforms), everyone knew that KH III would be released at some point, so there is no need for a demo.

12. Ostensor Perditionem Moogle Assistant

Honestly, I feel like a DDD HD Remix would have DDD, X, and a KH3 demo. What could be in that demo? Well, I think the demo could be Sora Donald and Goofy exploring the realm of darkness in search of Aqua