Film Power Rangers Film Reboot

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Boy Wonder, May 8, 2014.

1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]
    Source: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=52654

2. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

My only major worry is the casting, since PR is quite notorious for that anyway lol. And interesting that Lionsgate will also be producing this. It definitely will provide for a higher budget this time around hehe.

But nonetheless, yiiiiissss.

3. Arch Mana Knight

Here's hoping for racist colored Rangers again. Black Ranger better be a black guy.

Seriously though, if there isn't a sixth Ranger by the end of the movie or in some kind of post-credits scene it won't deserve to have the Power Ranger name tacked onto it.

4. Krowley Moderator

Since it's Lionsgate, I hope the dialogue and logic of it all will be made more epic in a film. Like, I know it's power rangers and things are meant to be silly, action packed and filled with background explosions, but I'd like it to have more serious feel. Not too serious of course, but somewhere along the lines of the writing from the "In Space" saga. A good villain, moving scenes, and I'm truly hoping for a Bulk and Skull cameo just because.

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I think it's really cool that they're doing a legitimate reboot of the series (SINCE I HAD THIS IDEA YEARS AGO). I'm not sure if it's been confirmed if it'll be adapted from Mighty Morphin or be a complete reboot and a loose adaptation on the whole series concept, but I'm pretty sure that it's the former.

Is anybody else hoping for a Tommy Oliver cameo? Especially considered the failed season (Hexagon: http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Hexagon)

I could kind of see a series based on the original Mighty Morphin' plot. First movie has Rita with Zedd as a former leader, Green Ranger introduced in the second as a villain who redeems himself at the end before joining as the White Ranger in a third movie. If they throw in the Alien Rangers from Aquitar, that's a spinoff.

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

I am extremely curious about how this turns out.

7. PirateNinjaHanyou Traverse Town Homebody

I want Jason David Frank to be in this in some shape or form so badly it hurts.

8. Rik Merlin's Housekeeper

How have I never seen this? It even has Elaine Carroll in it!

Anyway, I'm unwisely excited about this. It's sure to be a mess, but I love me some color coordinated heroes and evil moon witches! Even if the story is a mess and the characters are bland, there's still giant monsters battling robots and a lot of dumb nostalgia. So even the worst case scenario's not that bad. I'm a little scared about the lack of news though. It's supposed to be out in a year and a half and no director or cast has been announced.

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Source
    I read somewhere before that Zordon would have been a Power Ranger in the time of dinosaurs when he originally fought Rita. This seems to support that.
    As much as I'm excited for how close to the original series the film's going to be, I hope they take some creative liberty. I didn't expect them to use the same names as the original five.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  10. Rik Merlin's Housekeeper

Sounds pretty good so far. Basically retelling the pilot, but why fix what isn't broken?
    Especially hope it's true because I want to see Rita as the villain again.

11. Laurence_Fox Chaser

... I'd actually like seeing this. Seeig how they'd turn a tv series into a movie. Part of me doesn't want them to rehash the old plots from the tv series. But then again... I wouldn't mind seeing like...updated costumes and the zords with better effects.

I guess I'm more curious to see how it turns out than anything else.

12. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

13. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Official cast:
    Dacre Montgomery - Red Ranger
    RJ Cycler - Blue Ranger
    Naomi Scott - Pink Ranger
    Ludi Lin - Black Ranger
    Becky Gomez - Yellow Ranger
    Apparently, they will have the names of the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Jason Lee Scott, Billy Cranston, Kimberly Hart, Zack Taylor, and Trini Kwani)
    Scheduled to be released Jan. 13, 2017.

Evidently (and I really hope this changes), the film will follow the current series (Dino Charge) with the Dino Charge characters appearing at the beginning. Scorpina, a minion of Rita Repulsa, will be an antagonist attempting to access the Morphing Grid which allows Rangers to access past, present, and future Ranger experiences.
    Personally, I think the film should either be completely original, an adaptation of Mighty Morphing, or a combination of the franchise's different series. Actually, anything that's not canon with the current -or any other- series as that may bog it down. Also, I haven't kept up with Power Rangers since Mystic Force, but I doubt that the current season will last until 2017 and it wouldn't make too much sense to make the film for those who watch the current season.

I like that they're using relatively unknown actors for the roles. Becky G is the only one I recognize and that's from her music. Hoping that Jason Frank makes a cameo and Bryan Cranston voices a monster.

14. Rik Merlin's Housekeeper

Don't worry, that Scorpina storyline was reported by Collider, who've been getting bad info from a crazy source.

15. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

I always loved the Power Rangers franchise, but it wasn't until recently that I realized some of them were a bit lacking in storyline. One of my favorites were WIldforce and RPM. Now those were fun series, AND packed some nice stories to go with. It'd be amazing to see the silly, awesome, kids show on the bigscreen but I hope they put as much work into plot as they do with the fun.

16. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Elizabeth Banks has been cast as Rita Repulsa.

17. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

First look at Elizabeth Banks as Rita Repulsa:

[​IMG]

“It’s definitely a modern and edgy re-imagining of the original Rita Repulsa,” Banks tells PEOPLE. “We wanted to give her a backstory that connects her to the new Rangers.”

18. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

That's all the confirmation I need for Tommy.

19. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Here's a picture of the new suits:

[​IMG]

These new suits are said to be alien armor that morphs around the Rangers' bodies.

20. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I... don't know what to think of the suits quite honestly. They look more like something Tony Stark would design then actual Power Ranger suits.