Film Power Rangers Film Reboot

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Boy Wonder, May 8, 2014.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

There's a tiny part of me that says these suits are really power rangers, but considering everything people are doing lately in making things look more modern, I can see why they did that to the suits. I like them, but at the same time, they do seem kinda out there.

2. 61 No. B

that stupid

this project feels misguided

to make power rangers super hyper cool awesome modern serious dark stuff defeats the point of power rangers. power rangers was always really stupid. now i have very minimal knowledge of power rangers but of what i have seen, the good seasons were self aware in their lack of quality. it was just dumb fun and thats why people liked it and thats okay.

3. Hayabusa Venomous

Not that I care much but here's the teaser trailer.

4. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

Very interested to see how this movie is gonna go. It's got a darker feeling than I expected, and the film style is gonna take some getting used to, knowing that this is a film based of Power Rangers.

So far though I'm not disappointed, digging the alien suit transformation scene. Also can't wait to see the zords.

5. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

Agreed. It does have a more darker tone to it, but I really like it. It's refreshing compared to the more lighter toned seasons we've had in the past. For a movie, it's just right. The way they change into their suits all alien-like is also very cool. Someone pointed out that it had a bit of a Tony Stark thing going on and I am loving it. Can't wait to see/hear more of it in the upcoming months.

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

So second trailer is out

but more importantly

this edit of the trailer is out:

7. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

So I went today (yesterday) to go see the movie and my was it good. Like really good. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought it would. I thought it was going to be really dark in comparison to the show (it was dark don't get me wrong, with the adult jokes sprinkled in there, minor cursing and just the feel in general) but it was surprisingly well balanced with the humor and the characters, Billy in particular bringing in a lightness to the tone. The cast really did a wonderful job bringing the characters to life. They felt much more relatable. And Elizabeth Banks as well, I've always seen her as sort of the friendly, wacky girl/woman/neighbor next door but she really brought it on for the film. She was creeping me out at some points. When she was fighting with the rangers it truly felt like I was watching the show again. If you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend that you do.

8. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I pretty much agree. Maybe it was just me going in there with super low expectations but I quite liked it. Really if I had to give criticism on it I would say 1) Some of the adult humor really didn't add anything and more felt like it was fishing for a higher rating to prove that it wasn't a kids movie. And 2) It's super predictable. I would say it's possible to see all the plot twists from a mile away, but it's more like you can see them from orbit. But honestly that didn't annoy me much while watching, just when talking after. It in many ways is a gritty reboot, but it wasn't afraid to be silly either and it made decent use of that expanded emotional range.