Pottermore

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Princess-Sammi, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Princess-Sammi Merlin's Housekeeper

Anyone else a beta tester on Pottermore? :) Feel free to post your usernames here, if you like.

I am PixieQueen83 - and have yet to receive my Welcome email. I am destined for Slytherin.

Or perhaps you aren't a beta tester, but are looking forward to the October launch. :D
    I personally can't wait for the eBooks as well; I'm definitely buying a Kindle when the eBooks are released!

So, what house do you think you'll be in? Are you determined to win the House Cup?

Looking forward to making new friends, just like I am?

Anyway, the only rule is ...

No spoilers, please.

2. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Yeah; I've been waiting for my welcome e-mail too. I was able to get my clue on the day of the Order of the Phoenix novel.
    My user name is -- ShadowGold211
    The house I'd like to be in is Ravenclaw.

I'm not sure if I'd personally buy the e-book, partially because I don't have any kind of e-reader lately. It's also because I have all the novels right now, and there's something special to me about reading it on paper that you don't get from e-readers. If I did get an e-reader, I'd definitely get the original book Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Don't get me wrong, I know there's no real difference between Sorcerer's Stone and Philosopher's Stone, but for some reason I need to read the original. And, seriously, "Potter for President"... I'm pretty sure that was a change for the American version of the books...

3. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

I think the U.S version has an extra chapter that the European hasn't or so i have read.

Anyway, still waiting for my mail as well. I am FlightFeather202. Did anyone else read the coverage on the Leaky Cauldron? Things sound sweet ;)

4. Plums Wakanda Forever

Username: AurorDawn104

As for the ebooks, I agree with

this.

To me, I always felt that books should be read on paper rather than on a digital format. It just never felt...right to me, I suppose, when I had to read books online because I guess I prefer the feel of holding the book in your hand, and the anticipation you get when you turn the physical page during a climaxing event. /nerd

Also, I haven't read any of the Leaky Cauldron coverage yet. Might do that later today. o:

5. Princess-Sammi Merlin's Housekeeper

I agree; I will still buy books, because I value them as possessions - but unfortunately, books get destroyed in my bag. :( So I'd love to have an eReader to take with me when I go to work or on the train etc.

What I really want is a HP cover for my future Kindle. :D A Slytherin one that looks like this (but in Kindle cover form) would be perfect!

[​IMG]

6. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

My name's SeekerSparks183 I think.

No Welcome e-mail here yet, but some peaple at school have got it and they say it's sweet.

7. Glen Returned from the dead

FrogSeeker62 XD i'm not too fussed about it to be honest. I mean it looks like fun but i'm not going to go out of my way to get the books or anything XD

8. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I recieved my Welcome e-mail today ... it is awesome beyond words. House is Ravenclaw (w00t) and my wand is 10 3/4 inches, Hawthorn, Unicorn Hair, Hard. (wow that sounds like an innuendo.).

9. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

^Lucky ;)

Still waiting here.

Which pretty much means that some people will enter a couple of days before the official opening of the site which in some way beats the person of this whole thing.

10. KH2man13 Gummi Ship Junkie

Username: Nightskull154
    House: Slytherin

I find the whole Pottermore experience to be absolutely fantastic, save for a few things that kinda bug me. For one, I kinda want more interaction for each chapter. Just going through and clicking on items just doesn't really do it for me.

As for the e-books, I don't think I'll get them, but I know my mom will. We have all the books, but my mom's kinda switching over to her Nook more often.

11. Fishes Brigade Merlin's Housekeeper

I just got my welcome email today. I haven't really gotten to play that much of it yet--I'm pretty psyched I got into Slytherin though :Awesome:
    My username is ProphecySparks166

12. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

My username is ShadowNimbus143 n_____n I am still waiting for my welcoming e-mail. I've already heard about some things about Pottermore, how it works and the lot with my friends. I can not wait to get started! I'm really hoping to get into Slytherin for once. I've been labeled Gryffindor in EVERY online quiz I take, and Ravenclaw was never far behind. I'm also labeled Hufflepuff by most of my friends nowadays. Though I've always loved Slytherin when I was a kid, and until now. Though, honestly, I'm just stoked to be part of it.

13. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

It is INCREDIBLY difficult to force the answer of the house quiz.

14. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

I have a feeling I'll get my email at the very end of the beta test. Unfortunately I still haven't received one but once I get on my username is MugwumpDraconis142. Rather long name to remember and I honestly have no idea why I chose it <_<.

15. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

Because Mugwump is probably the cutest word I've ever seen.

I still haven't gotten my welcome email either.
    And I'm feeling kind of...
    [​IMG]

16. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

Well at least I know I'm not the only one depressed about this. I keep checking my emails every hour or so hoping to get mine.:unsure:

17. Fishes Brigade Merlin's Housekeeper

If you have a facebook, fan Pottermore and they'll tell you when they send out a batch of emails.
    Its easier than having to check every 5 minutes.

18. Always Dance Chaser

Very upset because I haven't been keeping up with the HP fandom of late and found out about this just now. No beta testing for me :(

But I am looking forward to it. I won't be buying the eBooks because I'm upset with Rowling for taking this long to make them and I already have unofficial eBooks on my phone, but I'm still looking forward to everything else.

Oh and if I don't get sorted into Ravenclaw I'm going to jump off a cliff.

19. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

Just got mine!

EDIT: Oh god..., as i was about to start the 5th chapter on Diagon Alley, the site crashed again! I want my wand! BTW, the site is awesome but we need some sound effects.

20. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

HallowFlame191 here :) Pottermore is amazing, shame I only got the welcome email about 3 days before it's due open to everyone else anyway. One of my friends at school got hers about a month ago :/