Post your tablet

Discussion in 'Technology' started by SushiKey, Dec 16, 2017.

1. SushiKey Destiny Islands Resident

If you have a tablet, tell us what kind, OS, etc. Let's see those tablets!

Brand/model: Lenovo Tab 10, model TB-X103F

[​IMG]

2. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Brand/Model: Microsoft Surface Pro 4

T'was a gift from my father last year, and I mostly use it as a drawing tablet (as opposed to my old Wacom Bamboo). It's actually pretty powerful for a tablet, it's basically a really small laptop. The keyboard is detachable and works fabulously, as does the pen. I love it so much <3

Probably the biggest problem I have with it is that Photoshop drains the battery like no ones business (it usually lasts about 6 hours of continuous use, but heavy load programs will easily cut that down to 2, with Photoshop CS6 draining the battery down to 25% in just half an hour), but Photoshop isn't my main drawing program (I use it for graphics and minor adjustments), so it doesn't bother me that badly. It also refuses to run Paint Tool SAI for some reason, but I'm not sure if that's a problem with the tablet or Windows 10. I ended up switching to Manga Studio 5, which runs like a dream and actually has more functions than SAI anyway, so I actually kind of prefer it now >_>

But yeah, this thing was fantastic when I was in school, since it's small enough to fit in my bag without taking up half the space like my big old laptop, and I could draw on the go no matter where I was on campus as well as do schoolwork from anywhere. I'm not using it as much now that I'm working, but it's still fab. I wouldn't recommend it to everyone, based purely on the fact that, uh, it was 900 American Dollars, but if you can get a SP 2 or 3 for cheap I'd give it a go.

[​IMG]

3. SushiKey Destiny Islands Resident

Nice! I don't think I could ever give up my laptop, because this would be probably what I'd do if I get a Surface, but it does look like a nice tablet. I want one now! :(