Post-Wisdom Teeth Removal Surgery

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Amaury, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

As many of you know, I had my wisdom teeth pulled on Wednesday, November 20, 2013. Overall, the surgery itself wasn't too bad, but now I'm dealing with jaw problems on my left side.

On Thursday, November 28, 2013, my mom and I went over to my uncle's for Thanksgiving dinner, and everything went great. I had some turkey, ham, mashed potatoes and some rolls. On Friday, November 29, 2013, which is when my jaw problems started, my mom and I went over to my aunt's for another Thanksgiving dinner. I had some turkey, mashed potatoes, rice and rolls. However, her rolls were more hard, and my jaw on the left side started bothering when I was chewing my first one. It got painful.

Since then, my jaw on the left side has been bothering me when doing any chewing. We scheduled a free after checkup with the dentist, and he said that my jaw felt fine, as well as my sockets were healing well. However, just recently my jaw has started cracking -- again, on the left side -- which is a bit painful. Before the surgery I would intentionally crack my jaw on the left side sometimes because it got stiff a bit and cracking it would relieve the pressure, but that did not hurt at all. Now I still can't seem to make my jaw on the left side intentionally crack, but when it does from chewing, as I previously said, it hurts.

Monday, January 20, 2014 was officially two months exactly since having my surgery. Shouldn't I have been completely back to normal after about a month? We're going to schedule another appointment with the dentist, but does anyone here remember having any jaw problems after having their wisdom teeth pulled?

2. Sara Tea Drinker

I had a few problems with my jaw... It might be that you're tightening your jaw/grinding your teeth at night. That's what my mom says happens to her and I had it as a kid. And my jaw still cracks once in a while, not as often anymore, but it used to all the time and hurt like a *****.

When I had my wisdom teeth removed, I had a seizure on the bed. They used Novocaine and hit the optic nerve in my gums, which caused the seizure. They didn't tell me that about the nerve, but when I mentioned it in a later surgery, they mentioned it was the most likely reason. I felt blinding pain from my jaw for a long time, which lead to severe migraines that would keep me bedridden for a whole day sometimes, on and off after that and wondered if there was something seriously wrong with the way they finished the procedure because of the seizure. The dentist checked and said there was nothing wrong, and it took a few years, but I got over it.

I'm sorry I can't help, I wish I could.