Post Ratings: Based on Previous Reputation Suggestion

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Plums, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plums Wakanda Forever

This was where I was coming from, lol. For things that come from & are produced by the staff (events & the like), there will not be any requirements based on ratings or things of the sort to participate in or use.

All this said, currently the only thing we need to do before installation is get the icons ready and the option to opt out! After that's all ready, I'll have a post in Comm. News ready for you guys when it's ready. Following this, after about a month there'll be a survey to gauge improvements and such to make. There may also be a thread for future ratings suggestions following that (mainly because I do not want to flood this section with them).

2. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Got any plans for this?

3. Plums Wakanda Forever

Yeah, it's a solid green bar all the way across. To tell how much someone has, you just have to hover your cursor over it.

4. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Isn't that kind of redundant? Why not just show the number?

Can I suggest something to do with it?

5. Misty gimme kiss

That's how it's being displayed for KHV8. Future styles will have something different.

6. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Does that mean feedback is out on this?

7. Misty gimme kiss

It's up to Alex but speaking as the primary styler on the website it's mostly moot at this point. The new designs I'm working on for displaying the ratings/other post information are shaping up quite nicely but it's not really worth it to hack them together for a style that's nearing legacy status.

8. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Fair enough. I'll voice my ideas later.

They're more functionality based than theme based, though. As such I'll probably bring them up when the Ratings system is reviewed.

9. Misty gimme kiss

You'll probably get the same answer then, depending on when it is. Assuming it'll come after trying out the system for some time, then we'd be even closer to deprecating KHV8. Again Alex might want to play with it but the bar is already a "just for now" type deal.

10. Plums Wakanda Forever

Yeah, the bar and other info in the postbit is a just for now deal with the KHV8 style. Misty already explained everything else, so I doubt there's much for me to add on that front, haha. For the moment though,

it is possible to show with just the number. I'm not entirely sure though how many would prefer having the bar or having the number, though I do think that the number could look neater (unless you have like...120000000 rep).

11. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

If there are no distinguishing features, it will just add a green bar across everyone's miniprofiles. Appearing on every profile, identical on all of them—it will be like adding a bar for style's sake. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, stylistically or functionally. Personally I'd prefer the numbers.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  12. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

@Plums: Misty told me to ask you about this since you are the head of this project.

She said that non-staff members are not allowed to ask other members to make better posts in a thread. On to what that has to do with this project.

When it comes to negative ratings, one of the most common and deserved reasons to give a negative rating is when a user puts exceptionally little effort or thought into a post, especially in a discussion that demands some weight.

Will members be allowed to give negative ratings to posts that lack content in lieu of stating their problem?

13. Plums Wakanda Forever

You can give a negative rating to posts with little effort/thought/are offensive to you/etc., that is fine. What wouldn't be fine is doing it en masse to essentially moderate their actions. If the person posts like that consistently within the thread(s), then it's best to report them to staff.

14. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I see... This is assuming they are breaking the rules, yes? What if what they are doing is technically within the rules?[DOUBLEPOST=1405523879][/DOUBLEPOST]Can I get a word on that? Perhaps an expansion:

There are cases where a user is reprimanded by staff or is not and continues to do the bare minimum to get by. This is disruptive to other users and they may have reason to discourage it even if the staff decide that no staff action needs to be taken against it. Will members be allowed to discourage them where staff choose not to?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  15. Amaury Legendary Hero

@Plums: I wasn't as involved in this discussion, but I'm curious as to what's going on with this? Are you guys just waiting until this year's anniversary in December when new styles will be released to implement the ratings system?

16. Plums Wakanda Forever

More than likely, yes. We're working on integrating Post Ratings into the new framework (in regards to appearance and some minor functionality). While it could be enabled currently on 8.0, I think it's more productive to work on getting it steady with future releases now instead of having to catch up after the matter.

17. Amaury Legendary Hero

Any more news on this, Plums?

18. Plums Wakanda Forever

Everything is essentially done regarding integration. All we're working on now is custom icons for each of them. I'll post up a more ~substansial~ post about this later today.

19. Plums Wakanda Forever

Big bump, but announcement on this is coming (pretty) soon!

20. Shuhbooty moon child

I'm looking forward to it! Side question - does this tie in with the KHV pins? Or are those done for/inactive?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.