Dream Drop Distance Possible Theory of KH3D

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Noise, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Noise For Love and Justice

...ok...so since i know certain things that as of now are still...a secret i shall use spoiler tags...please know that this is all my own idea.

since at the end of Re:Coded
    Yen Sid says that its time for Sora and Riku to do the mark of mastery test thingy...could 3D simply be Sora and Riku doing their test? and in doing the first part of this test would be that they would have to "revert" back to their most basic and less experienced form (ie, that's why Sora and Riku show up as their KH1 self's) and in the end they must fight each other...like in BBS?

thoughts? obviously it has a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge gap between the beginning and the end..but hey..it was a thought.

i just hope its not another "hey lets go play through Wonderland in my KH1 version with the same story" again...thats getting old.

2. Always Dance Chaser

No, Nomura confirmed that this game will feature exclusively new Disney worlds. He also said that the end of Re:Coded "Foreshadows the evens of KH3D" So I think this may be true, but I think it's something more along the lines of them being in a virtual world to do virtual training. But I definitely think the game will cover the Mark of Mastery test to set up the real KHIII so the test will have already been done. It's actually perfect for a handheld.

Here's another, less likely possibility:
    They could have just not built the models for KH3D yet, and are using the young ones as placeholders. In pre-release screenshots of FFXIII they just used Yuna's model for Lightning.

3. P Banned

I'm pretty sure Nomura confirmed that they were in their old clothes for a reason, not because of some technical difficulties. Besides, they still have the KH2 models, which could have been used.

Didn't Nomura also confirm 3D was going to cover the Mark of Mastery exam?

4. Always Dance Chaser

He said something about the secret ending of RE:Coded tying in with 3D, so basically yeah.

5. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

That's what I was thinking, but then the official renders appeared, and they're KHI-style (apart from the face, which to me is a Godsend because Sora's KHI eyes - and his short, pointy nose that looks like the end was chopped off - actually creep me out a little).

The fact that they apparently aren't the Sora and Riku we're most familiar with might have a lot to do with it.

6. Noise For Love and Justice

this could be true, because if you youtube old KH 1 trailers you see scenes that we not in the original game...so these scenes could just be a "hey look at what we are doing" even if its not gonna be in the legit game. but time will tell...

I just hope that KH3D has an actual plot instead of another CoM rehash.