Nintendo Pokemon X and Y

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Meilin Lee, Dec 29, 2012.

1. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Anyone know a fast way to train several Pokémon from level 30 (a few in the early to mid 20's, and one in the teens) to level forty?

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Victory Road hordes, 2-star or 3-star restaurants, higher ranked trainers at Battle Chateau

That's about what I can think of, there's no really good way to get levels in this generation. But getting a horde of gravelers on victory road can easily get you 5100 exp when using the exp o-power, and that's just the level one. You just have to deal with the sturdy

3. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I'm no where close to victory road. I at least at the sixth gym leader, so I'll have to go with the other suggestions. Need to level up my Goomy so he can evolve.

*watch and imagine Goomy's face on Rocky's*

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

The 2-star restaurant has lv31 pokemon, and the 3-star pokemon has lv63, so they're pretty helpful

5. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Right, thanks. I'll curbstomp my way through the 2-star restaurant with my Butterfree. I doubt I could beat the 3-star. Could I even get in it? I remember I walked into a restaurant and they wouldn't let me in. Like that damn clothing store... seriously, this is how I feel when they won't let me in.

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Hahaha, that's a pretty good interpretation of how that feels. But the one you can't enter is the High Sushi Roller, and you can only get in there once you beat the champion. I wouldn't recommend it though, since the pokemon are only lv65, and it costs 500,000 to get in, which is about the time you should be saying "hell no". I can do the 3-star restaurant multiple times, pay only 90,000, and get way more afterwards

7. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Alright, thanks for the suggestions.

8. Hayabusa Venomous

Having difficulties trying to figure out a good moveset for a Jolly-natured Tyrantrum to utilize that Strong Jaw ability.

The moves I'm looking to pick from include:
    -Dragon Dance (almost guarantee that I'll have this one, need the Speed boost)
    -Crunch (covers Psychic/Ghost with 3 resistances, boosted by Strong Jaw to 135)
    -Fire Fang (covers Steel/Ice weaknesses and 2 other types, boosted by Strong Jaw to 97.5)
    -Ice Fang (covers Dragon/Ground weaknesses and 2 other types, boosted by Strong Jaw to 97.5)
    -Poison Fang (covers Fairy weakness and Grass, boosted by Strong Jaw to 75)
    -Stone Edge (covers Fire/Ice/Flying/Bug with 3 Resistances, boosted by Rock-typing to 150)
    -Head Smash (same as above, but boosted by Rock-typing to 225)
    -Earthquake (covers Steel weakness and 4 other types, 100 Base Power)
    -Dragon Claw (neutral coverage except for Steel and Fairy, boosted by Dragon-typing to 120)

Right now, I'm looking at Dragon Dance/Stone Edge/Fire Fang/Crunch. Thoughts?

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Stone Edge is nice, but if you want something with better accuracy, you could switch it with Rock Slide. You lose some power, but you can also get a chance to flinch. The Fire/Ice/Poison Fang thing is really just which types you want to cover, because whichever you choose you're sacrificing for another, so it's not really much to say, The crunch seems like a good idea, since you can deal with Psychic and Ghost types, which aren't that great with Defense, but you'd have to be able to stand the hits first, and that's where I'm hoping you don't get hit by a Focus Blast, but a lot of people seem to enjoy that move this generation.

I would personally keep away from Head Smash, because you can take a crap load of damage from that, and it seems better to have with the hidden ability. The one thing you're really missing is a Dragon defense, but with this pokemon, you really can't cover everything, so you'll need another pokemon to cover that weakness. I'm slightly against the Dragon Dance, just because during the time you use it you run the chance of getting taken out, and while the speed and attack boost is nice, it seems like the speed might not be a big priority since a lot of pokemon that you'll be weak against will be faster most of the time if trained right.

But this is all just coming from me, who would probably turn this pokemon into a somewhat of a sweeper, but when I started to use it I got tired of it fast, and just decided to drop it for other pokemon. It's a great physical fighter, but with that low speed and sp. def, you're asking for a lot of things to take you out. I honestly would take what I say here with a grain of salt, because I've usually had to refer to smogon for my pokemon. I'm not even sure the Talonflame I trained is that great, but that's just me

10. Hayabusa Venomous

11. Plums Wakanda Forever

12. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Wow, haven't seen this thread in a while. Anyway, Pokemon Bank is officially released everywhere! Just downloaded it a few hours ago, and got a Celebi (my first legendary EVAR!).

13. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

New legendary Diancie officially revealed, and is a Rock/Fairy-type:

[​IMG]

Still no information on distribution yet.

14. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

I just finished my first ever playthrough of X version, and I have to ask. How many here who have finished the main story got hit by the feels at the end?

15. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I just finished my playthrough about a month ago, and yes, I certainly was hit by the feels, and while it certainly was because of the actual content, in my case, most of it was because being the first Pokemon game since Blue I ever played, it brought back a joy I had I when I first got into Pokemon so many years ago, so nostalgia really played a big factor. That and I was able to become Champion with a team that consisted of three Pokemon I hold in high regard (Lucario, Pikachu, and Fennekin).