Nintendo Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by . : tale_wind, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Knowing that it has a much longer and more in-depth story, both for the main story and post-game story, as well as being twice as long, makes me want to play this even more. The first one always felt a little rushed for some stuff. Hopefully that means we either get more rival battles, or more battles with the villains, because those are usually the highlights of pokemon games. I kind of wonder if they're going to do the champion fight the same way too.

2. Pinekaboo Chaser

Images of the download cards for the games have revealed that Team Rocket will have some presence within the games. There's no further solid information than that available at the moment, but a building that looks look their headquarters is seen, along with battle cut-ins featuring both male and female Grunts.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I was hoping someone would post that, since the last post was mine.

Now I'm really curious about what's going on in this game, because isn't this supposed to be years after Team Rocket falls apart? After all, we have a fully grown Red and Blue for crying out loud.....oh, I just had a really hopeful thought that they'll come in and actually fight Team Rocket with you. Eh, a guy can dream.

Also, this is going to be the last main Pokemon title for the 3DS. Apparently Nintendo is trying to put everything they've learned into this one and the next will be released on the Switch in 2018. Hope you guys are ready for a Switch to play pokemon.

4. Pinekaboo Chaser

According to a leak back in March, long before USUM was actually announced that got a number of things correct, including the abbreviation of USUM itself...
    Team "Rainbow Rocket" is led by Giovanni and is comprised of characters from all of the previous villainous teams from various worlds where their goals were accomplished successfully. Make of that potentially-completely-false information as you will.

2018 or beyond. Don't expect the game to actually be out before 2019; they only started production on it a few months ago.

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Either way, get your Switch while you can. And I'm sure there's probably a chance it could come out in late 2018, since sometimes we've gotten remakes and new versions back to back.

6. Pinekaboo Chaser

Massive reveals in today's trailer. Team Rainbow Rocket is confirmed to be a huge part of the plot, it's comprised of all the team leaders from previous games, Giovanni uses Mewtwo in battle at some point, and much more.

This trailer also reveals that Totem Pokémon can appear after their totem battles and be captured via collecting Totem Stickers throughout Alola. There's no word yet on whether all totem Pokémon can be captured, but Gumshoos, Lurantis (US), and Salazzle (UM) have been shown so far.

We also saw today the existence of a new battle facility within Festival Plaza; the Battle Agency. In this facility you rent Pokémon, which seem to be on the stronger side of things, such as Thunderus. Certain NPCs will appear here as well, such as Trial Captain Sophocles.

The next information will come on Nov 10, just over a week away.

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

It's definitely easier to see how this game is going to include everything so far, and it looks like I'm going to be enjoying it. I'm kind of disappointed we didn't get Maxie and Archie with ORAS designs, but oh well. Still, I want to know why they all got together, because I understand Ghetsis, but Archie and Maxie I thought gave up, as well as Cryus....and how is Lysandre not dead?

Personally, if they were going to bring in all the past villains, it would have been cool if they brought in characters from the past games as well to fight them, like Red and Blue, Silver, May/Brendan, Berry, etc.

8. Pinekaboo Chaser

With one more week to go until release, the official Japanese Youtube channel revealed Mimikyu's exclusive Z-move, Let's Snuggle Forever, an improved version of the Fairy-type move, Play Rough.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Be advised, the game has broken street date, so be wary of spoilers circulating around the internet.

10. Iskandar King of Conquerors

One of which would be all the OST's being put on youtube, including the champion theme with a picture of who you challenge, so heads up for that one.

I get the feeling Nintendo isn't doing it's best to hold these games in check right now.

11. Pinekaboo Chaser

Even this close to the release, Pokémon isn't letting up with the new reveals and teasers, as a new trailer was posted to the Japanese Youtube channel. As we're so close to release, I'm going to put this trailer and the information pertaining to it under a spoiler tag, so that people who want to keep a surprise for the full game yet.

Today's new trailer contains very little new, except once you reach approx. 1:15 in the video. There, Necrozma's two forms are shown using Solgaleo and Lunala's exclusive Z-moves itself, and after that comes the reveal of something new known as Ultra Burst. From what is shown, this appears to be similar to a Mega Evolution, as Necrozma is wrapped in a sphere of light, but the video only shows a hint of what this Ultra Burst form may look like.

12. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Gonna spoil this, so I'm not kidding when I say if you don't want any reveal, don't hit the tag.

So with Necrozma, it basically has a mega evolution and it's own z-move to use while in mega evolution. The evolution is a Dragon/Psychic type, and the Z-move, as far as I've seen, is a psychic-type attack that's basically DBZ spirit-bombing the game. No, i'm not kidding, I saw a video of it on youtube. I don't know if you need to have the Solgaleo/Lunala-Necrozma form to get the mega evolution, but it's also supposedly going to have the highest stats in the whole game, though I don't know if it means collectively or an individual stat.

I'm also unsure if the mega-evolution is like an alternate form that stays after you finish, or you need to use that ultra-burst thing every time to get for fights. They made it seem like the Ultra Necrozma was it's own thing like how we got Giratina Alternate Form, but we'll find out soon I guess.

13. Pinekaboo Chaser

Game Freak have announced that a patch is to be released later this month to fix several issues in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. This patch will rectify the issues where the game sometimes freezes after you pick Litten, Wide Guard protects against all Z-Moves, the move Ion Deluge doesn't work at all and an issue where Pokémon who know less than 4 moves will forget the first move when being taught a move at the Move Tutors.

14. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Makes me glad that I only ever pick Rolette this generation. Which is funny, because there's never been a generation I pick grass types over fire or water.

Also, didn't they have a problem with Wide Guard in Sun/Moon as well? What's going on with that move?

15. Pinekaboo Chaser

The second patch for Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon has gone live. This patch takes the game to Version 1.2 and is required to use all online functions and requires 539 Blocks. The patch fixes a number of bugs that have existed in the game, mostly dealing with moves.
    It fixes a bug where Curse, Forest's Curse, Power Trick and String Shot could cause the game to freeze during Live Competitions.
    All Battle Videos from before this patch will unfortunately be unable to function.