Nintendo Pokémon Sun/Moon

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Meilin Lee, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Type: Null's evolution, Silvadi:

[​IMG]

Also, Jangmo-O's two evolutions, Jarango and Jararanga:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Here's today's trailer!

It features yesterday's CoroCoro reveals and more!

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The demo has begun to release around the world! North America will get the demo at 10am ET tomorrow.

The next batch of news will land on the 27th at 9am ET!

4. Pinekaboo Chaser

I don't know if it's just a one-time joke about Alolan forms, or a real legitimate thing, but in the demo you can find and take a photo of a so-called Alolan Dugtrio.

EDIT: Image under the spoiler tag for those who want to avoid spoilers about the demo. Apologies if you saw the post before this edit.

[​IMG]

This is a real actual thing in the Demo according to Serebii.

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

IT'S RIDICULOUS I LOVE IT

6. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    There seems to be two categories of Alolan forms: Absurd and Logical.

The logical ones include Vulpix, Ninetales, Raichu and Marowak.

Then you have Alolan Exeggutor and Dugtrio.

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

New trailer!

8. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

I love Popplio and it's evolutions. From clown-seal to awkward thing to mermaid of death. My choice is made. Depending on if the alolan forms are divided between the two games (would make sense) that may decide it for me though. Alolan Vulpix and Sandslash are the best things.
    Beach Bro Dugtrio is so beyond crazy and I love it.

9. Pinekaboo Chaser

Fun fact: Alolan Dugtrio is actually based on a phenomena known as Pele's Hair, named after the Hawaiian Goddess of volcanoes. It's a phenomena where volcanic glass forms into very thin hair-like strands. Combining that with the fact that Alolan Dugtrio's base is darker and appears more like volcanic rock, it's safe to say that Alolan Dugtrio looks the way it does because it's Ground/Fire now.

10. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm not going anywhere near that water starter now. I'm sticking with grass or fire every time I restart that game.
    Also, I am going to completely fail at the battle tree, but it'll be nice to see Red and Blue. And it's funny how Blue looks slightly older, but Red is the one who looks like he's aged like 10 years now. It's cool seeing them in different outfits too. Looks like the endgame will have some nice things for us to do

11. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I adore Primarina. Elegant Pokémon are always my favorite, no matter how girly or prissy they look. I see a lot of hate towards it and I feel it's unjust! If that's the one reason people are going to avoid it, seems a bit of a double standard because Incineroar is overly-manly.

As far as Incineroar and Decidueye go, Incineroar reminds me of Zangief from Street fighter and Decidueye looks like Green Arrow, so I'm on board. As Dark-type is my favorite, Incineroar ends up taking my second favorite spot, though I don't dislike the remaining starter.

As always, I'll end up using all three for different teams. Alola looks to me like it's the best region so far. I'm VERY excited for it!

12. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Primarina won me over, but I still can't do that middle evolution.
    This is going to be tough. Originally I was Rowlet > Litten > Popplio. With the middle evolutions, I was Litten > Rowlet > Popplio, and now all three are tied.
    Not cool, Pokémon.

Blue and Red are going to be cool, wasn't expecting that. Still not a fan of Alolan Persian.

The idea that Alola is making a League is interesting and gives me some hope. I still hope that the main quest of the game (the trials) end up with important battles; I'm going to miss Gym trainers and Leaders for this gen but it looks like it'll make up for it with other kinds of boss battles.

13. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    I'm surprised to learn that the games take place not just after the rest of the series, but at least a decade after with Red and Blue appearing as adults. The story involving starting a Pokemon League was leaked along with the starters' final forms, so I had expected it to take place before the rest of the series. But some other comments:

I had written off Rowlet because Grass/Flying is an atrocious typing. I wasn't expecting Decidueye to drop Flying in favor of Ghost. Grass/Ghost isn't a huge improvement, but it does give it a lot more interesting options and it will most likely still have access to a good number of Flying type moves. It IS a bird still.

Words cannot express my relief at Incineroar being Dark instead of Fighting. As soon as I had seen the design, I could only assume it was going to be a Fighting type. While Fire/Fighting is probably a better typing in general due to granting Blaziken and Infernape access to a very nasty move pool, Fire/Dark is far more unique and interesting typing. However, I don't really care about Incineroar's design and think it should have stayed quadrupedal.

Primarina is AMAZING. It's so elegant and graceful! And it's typing is fantastic. I've run an Azumarill before to great success and that success combined with the fantastic design pretty much sets in stone my starter choice here.

With four Island Guardians, even before taking Ultra Beasts or anything else into account, Gen VII officially has more Legendary Pokemon than Gen VI. And people think I'm crazy for thinking Gen VI was a disappointment after Gen V.

14. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Sun and Moon are now available to pre-load from the 3DS eShop!

15. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Here's one final trailer before the games release this Friday!

16. Pinekaboo Chaser

Or next Wednesday, for those of us in Europe.

Also... Ground/Steel? I prefer the fan theory where Alolan Dugtrio was Ground/Fire and based on the Pele's Hair phenomena. Now it's just a funnier but not as good Excadrill.

17. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

So close and I haven't made a starter decision yet. Ugh.

Does anybody want to do some kind of community playthrough with this gen? Like, we meet up at certain times (after each trial?) and have a little tournament and maybe even some trades for different exclusives? It'll be a little difficult to plan due to not everyone getting it the same day and different play speeds, but it might be fun.

18. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

That would be really cool! I don't know how much I'd be able to participate with the battling and trading since my 3DS acts a little wonky with my Wi-Fi at home, but I very much support this idea~

19. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm all for this as long as I'm not busy with school work or trying to find a new job. I'll have you know though that I tend to go through pokemon games at a quick pace.

Also, am I the only one that things the Ultra Beasts are more like simple alien monsters than...well...pokemon?

20. Pinekaboo Chaser

Not at all. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's what we're supposed to see them as. They haven't been advertised as Pokémon whatsoever, and the trailers haven't even said whether they're able to be caught or not.

Given that UB-01 has more or less been outright stated to have relevance to the story, I'm sure their origin will be explained within the games themselves, and they'll be stated to be more than just weird alien-like Pokémon.