Nintendo Pokémon Go Announced (Mobile, AR Pokemon Game)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Shuhbooty moon child

I was wondering myself why this wasn't posted yet. But I'm SUPER excited for this to come out in the next few weeks. I haven't checked recently for an official date- But I'm honestly hoping it's sometime in the first two weeks of July because i'll be traveling and I can't even WAIT!

2. Ghost King's Apprentice

The beta period is also ending this week.

3. Shuhbooty moon child

It was stated before that in July Pokemon Go would be released. In the newsletter they finally added Pokemon Go! Stating what to expect how to get it and it's accessories.

tumblr_o9pcwt6tBg1qafku1o1_540.png

Even when it's released a beta channel will still be open to help with the other languages and that the program works smoothly.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I almost want to buy it, but I remember it had some ridiculous price

5. Shuhbooty moon child

I haven't seen anything yet for the pricing. Honestly depends on how much I will be committed to it and how bad I want it (via impulse usually). What price did you see? @Iskandar

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Eh, I think it was something like $30 for the thing? I know I read a price somewhere, and I want to say serebii, but I can't be sure.

Oh hey, it's on gamestop. There you go, $35. Yeah, I'm not paying for that.

7. Shuhbooty moon child

Yikes, it's just an extender and not worth it to me. Puling out my phone is probably the best part so I can see and read everything vs that tiny screen of a watch. Thanks for the link though! Now I know. :]

8. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The game is out now in Japan and Australia! The game takes up 56.79MB. Stay tuned for further release info!

9. Shuhbooty moon child

It was stated that Pokemon Go would be released at midnight tonight, but they are also experiencing server crashes from the amount of people downloading it. So it should be fixed and ready for downloaded sometime tonight/tomorrow.[DOUBLEPOST=1467858208][/DOUBLEPOST]POKEMON GO IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD on IOS/Android as of now for the United States. Get it downloaded before the servers crash again! They are still have problems with the Pokemon Trainer Club.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  10. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

i keep hearing how the game need some improvement, so i guess the smart way is to wait for an update.

11. Shuhbooty moon child

The app does need some work, but I honestly would still get it. (you've no idea how long it'll take to add some features is all). Defiantly a lot of bugs to deal with, I've lost two eggs because it crashed on me. The fun part is just catching the pokemon to level up and challenge the gyms. I hope they add better communication with other players and more of a team concept (aside from the gym stuff). And battling other players. But their main focus was to let people catch pokemon I guess. I'd recommend trying it out! I'm almost lvl 5 so I can go and challenge the gym in my area. :)

12. Shuhbooty moon child

Slight update: Pokemon go Leaders revealed!

pokemon_go_leaders.jpg

What do y'all think now that we can see their designs? I'm in love with the fact there are female leaders here. I think the names could have been worked on a bit more, but I'm excited to see what this brings in the future!

13. jafar custom title

Niantic is pretty much killing their cash cow with their lack of transparency and some poor updates.

RIP Pokemon GO
    July 2016-July 2016

Edit: Minor text fixes.

14. Shuhbooty moon child

There has been 3 updates since it's release almost a month ago. The first update was of minor text fixes, the second which was just the 30th stated it removed the "footprint feature" some bug fixes and text fixes among other things (1.1.1). Just a few hours ago, they dd another "text fix" but we are not given any more information on the matter of future updates/fixes and ultimate goals of PoGo. Sadly, over the course of the last week, Niantic has been exposed about not having a "support team" and the support emails go to a "bot box" and no one monitors them. They violated googles terms and conditions on this issue, saying that "they must have a human n contact for their app support" and Niantic has not addressed this issue (even tho on reddit someone WAS written back). People are wanting refunds, and only iTunes is dishing this out. The app went from a 5 star to a 2 star just on iOS.

They are now discussing the recall of PoGo Plus (the watch) as rumors fly, and on a unofficial twitter page, it seems again Niantic will not give information on this side project.

They have also removed gyms, relocated Poke Stops AND removed where pokemon were caught. It's seriously a haunting matter and it's super a disappointment how fast this game flit up and burned. I'm still in hopes of it making it's come back and I can be patience. A staff member tweeted that "Hope is like love, it always comes back with effort" and they are trying. Not as close as I wish they would, but I am complaining.

15. jafar custom title

They finally made an update on their Facebook page. And tbh, it's not entirely their fault. I think Nintendo/The Pokemon Company pushed it out too early. You could see the Miantic rep''s face go white when they said it would be a July release at E3. And even then, I didn't think it was gonna be so early on July. The game was definitely pushed out earlier than it should have been, but Bianyoc needs transparency, and according to hardcore Ingress players, they don't exactly have a history of solid communication with their player base. So I'm really hoping they continue to communicate like they did today, because having a fairly broken game on their hands isn't doing them any favors.

16. Shuhbooty moon child

Yeah I was thriled they made some effort to give us more news. I don't blame Niantic at all, they are trying their best to give us what we want on TOP of the serious issues with 3rd parties that aren't working well with them. I did read a handful of articles in reference to Niantic not being supportive with it's players also. But I 10000% agree, most games take 1-3 even longer to develop. Why did it only take what.. a year and a half to push this out?? Like you stated, it's Nintendo's fault here. I won't give up on this game, I'll wait to see it grow or fall first hand. It's a start though. I hope they dno't take almost 2 months to let us know what's going on though.

17. jafar custom title

There's a planned buddy system to help you earn candies for your pokemon while you walk.

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/buddy/

Since hunting for Pokemon is kinda hit and miss now, this will probably get me back out there.

18. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The game is now coming to Apple Watch. This version of the app is actually more of an appendage to the phone app; while it tracks your steps (and the calories you burn), shows you nearby Pokémon, and notifies you of Pokémon appearing, you still have to use the phone app to capture Pokémon.

source

19. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

In honor of Halloween, a special event has been announced! From October 26 to November 1, spawn rates for the Gastly, Zubat, and Drowzee families will be increased, partner Pokémon will find candies four times as often, and candy from catching and transferring Pokémon will be doubled!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  20. Shuhbooty moon child

I've actually stopped played Pogo. My area has hindered me and I've lost the motivation for this. :/ Cool event though if I was still into it I'd be all over this.