Pokémon Generation 5: Games Revealed!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kyubi the Keyblade Master, Apr 9, 2010.

1. maikeu69 Merlin's Housekeeper

i generally think that the new pokemon are cool and i like them
    especially the water starter mijumaru
    but i think the 3 ledndary ones tht look the same are just weird and dont see point of them

the aipom ones arent actually anything to do with aipom they are kind of like the burmy from sinnoh region
    different types depending were you catch them

2. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

What i find odd, is the legendary genie trio. Seriously? Genies? In a U.S based region? Anyone else see the irony? Not to mention -well if i'm not mistaken- that they only have different colours and stats >,>

I guess i'm picking Mijumaru in White and when the third version comes, i'll take Tsutarja.

3. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Considering how much media America make about Genies I'm not surprised. Although, it does look like they are just palette swaps.

4. Lite The Future

Pokemon Black and White Starter Names and Region Names announced.

As of today, The three starters we know as Tsujara, Pokabu, and Mijumaru are now known as Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott, respectively.

The Isshu region is now the Unova region.

Full details here: http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/

They sound good to me, how about everybody else?

5. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

Yes!! I like Snivy the most, hehe it's funny though eairler today I kept refreshing the page so they'd reveal it xD, other than that I am happy with the names. I wished it stayed as the Isshu region...that one seems like it's gonna take some time getting used too...

6. Lite The Future

All of the names seem pretty good to me, except Oshawott. That one's gonna take a 'lil bit for me to get used to...especially since thats the one I plan to use when I get the game.

7. StardustXtreme Chaser

Oshawott is the weirdly named one, lol

8. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

I'm liking Tepig and Snivy. Oshawott does sound kinda weird to me though. The name makes me think of electricity because the "wott" at the end sounds like a "watt" and it's a water pokemon so it doesn't fit. I know the "ott" at the end comes from "otter" but I think they could have done better.

9. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

So yeah.. they released the American names of the starters.

The only one I think works is the grass starters.

10. The Twin My, what a strange duet

I like Snivy's name the best, Tepig sounds/looks too much like "teh pig", and Oshawott...that's the one I'm kind of stuck on.

11. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

I am so used to the Japanese names that it will take me a long time to get used to those. They seem verry weird and i guess they will sound equally weird. For the time being, i find them bad. Tsutarja's name is really uninspired and Pokabu's is just plain weird while Mijumaru's doesn't even make any sense. As i said, i will eventually get used to them but what irks me really bad is that stupid name that they gave to Isshun region! It is the first time there's a name change for a region! What is that!

12. P Banned

As someone following the anime, I whole-heartedly declare that I detest the new names. Oh shi- a water otter!

If Pokabu's evolution is called "Emboar" though, all will be forgiven.

13. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

The names are simply combinations of animals and a thing that has to do with their element, or so I hear. I think someone mentioned Oshawott's name comes from something Indian to do with water combined with something else. I'd of preferred something closer to Ottawet myself so we could make more out of place innuendos.

14. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

According to Bulbapedia, Snivy might be a combination of snake or snide(both fit xD) and ivy which fits Tsutarja well. Tepig might be a combo of tepid(meaning lukewarm) and pig(duh). Although it unfortunately sounds too much like "teh pig", I think it's a little clever. Oshawott is a combo of Oshawa and otter. Oshawa is city in Canada but I have no clue what it has to do with water besides the fact that it's on the shoreline of Lake Ontario which is kind of a strech. I wonder if they're gonna be keeping the samurai theme that Mijumaru's evolutions has going on in their names though.

15. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I gotta be honest, I like the japanese names better. Like I would legit prefer it if they decided to keep the Jap ones.
    Oh well, Snivy is the only decent one and even then, I think that's being generous.

The one thing I don't understand why they changed the region name. Isshu was nice. And now it's the only one that isn't two syllables.

16. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

The name 'Isshu' wasn't properly pronounced with two syllables anyway - it's read as 'Ish'.

The new name, Unova, you can either read as 'another' (as in, 'another region') or as United States of America, as my friend pointed out.

17. Curious Moogle Assistant

More than likely there will be a slight change in the names with the english release. And if that does happen than that would most definitely push back any release date sadly.

18. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

Revealed yesterday. English names for monkey trio

Yanapuu = Pansage
    Baoppu = Pansear
    Hiyappu = Panpour

Rumored release date in US = April 17th 2011 also rumored: Team Plasma and N get to keep their original names.

Lastly the boxart was leaked today, but I'd rather not post it because it looks exactly like the Japanese version.

[​IMG]

19. Twilight Knight Traverse Town Homebody

The English names for the monkey things aren't that bad...

20. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

Actually no. You are somewhat right there but Issu is indeed pronounced with two syllables. Since it's written as イッシュ it is pronounced as I(s)-sshu, because of ッ which requires a small pause between the two syllables. Besides there is no "Is" syllable.

This is really interesting, i wonder if there's a chance of something like this being the reason behind the region's name change.

For some reason i thought of pineapples while reading those names. Meh, i am used to the Japanese names those are weird.
    I guess that's a good date, so Europe (hopefully) will get it at least a week later.

Didn't expect a name change for any of them. As for the box art it is slightly different, minor details, which i still don't understand why do they even bother change them.