Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Versions

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by . : tale_wind, Feb 25, 2012.

1. smeen Destiny Islands Resident

Hello everyone who is discussing this, let me throw some facts on you. Just to get everyone informed, since I saw some confused people here.

1. The new games are on DS and 3DS because Gamefreak wants this. That way they can reach out to a wider audience. Junichi Masuda was asked about this a while ago and replied that however the 3DS is the newest system, he would not make the next games for only the 3DS because of the public.

2. There's already a new game announced that's not a sequel. It's Nobunaga's Ambition. I would not expect them to make another new new game.

3. There are a lot of hints in the original Black and White for a sequel. It has also been hinted by Gamefreak itself that there was enough material for a direct sequel on the storyline. So the expectations are that we will be continuing from where we left off.

4. If you know the legends talked about in B/W, you know Kyurem is the shell that's left over after Zekrom and Reshiram split, both following their own hero. So these fusions actually make sense. Also, since Kyurem was already available in B/W, they would never just make a regular Gray version.

Hope that helped answering some questions.

What I'm interested in though, is compatibility with the things the older games set up. How about my party? How about C-Gear and the Dreamworld? Will they still use that? Can I migrate my Pokemon? Stuff like that.

2. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

^This

If we assume that this is a direct sequel then it won't make a lot of sense to start all over again from the beginning with the same characters. Maybe it will be set a few year later (?) Still, i find this very interesting to say the least.

3. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

You're going to have to wait quite a while for the 3rd generation remakes because they wouldn't make sense if they made them anytime recently. Main because of the time in which the events took place. Pokemon Red and Ruby happened at the same time which is why it's possible to trade between the two. (Firered) Pokemon Gold and Diamond also happen at the same time, approximately 3 years after Red and Ruby. (HeartGold) Pokemon Black happens some time after Gold and Diamond and if they made a Ruby remake that could trade with Black then nothing would make sense. (Unless they brought back the time machine)

I'll agree on the not much stuff after the story in Black and White. The 4th generation games had so much stuff to do afterwards and it felt really backwards in 5th generation. I'm guessing Black 2 will be a sequel to Black though.

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Wtf? Am I the only one excited for this announcement? Serious nostalgia goggles in this thread. B&W are better games, better than they've ever been, and I'm interested to see where they take the story from here. I might have suspected something like this from the existence of Genesect and the way B&W ended.

Someone brought something up on the Tumbles. Almost definitely not gonna happen, but it's a neat idea. What if B&W 2 was the same story... from N's perspective? Other than having to release your Pokes constantly, it might be kinda cool.

5. Pinekaboo Chaser

I'm excited for the games themselves, I'm just disappointed that it's two versions instead of one, I guess. I'm too used to the single third version.

As for that idea... I like it, but yeah; that would likely never happen. Not for the main games anyway. I can see it being a Wii game though, actually.

6. adamboy7 Traverse Town Homebody

Well, I myself don't know what to think of it. If all there is in an evolution (or new form, new form would make more sence) in the new games, then I wouldn't wast my money on it. I guess if there is alot of all new, "OH MY GOD MUST HAVE!!!" game content, I probably wont get it for awhile. Would I take the game if it was sitting right in fromt of me? Hellz yea. However for just little things here and there, I will probably get it a few months after it is dead and avalible used at gamestop. I am glad its on the old system however :D

7. libregkd -

8. Jin うごかないで

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Well, a brand-new story for the game has been confirmed in this month's CoroCoro, and we get some slick boxart...

...But nothing else. This irritates me.

[​IMG]

10. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    How about you stop looking at the franchise through the nostalgia goggles? Hate to break it to you, but the anime has been consistent in quality since day 1 in that its never been very good in the first place. As for the "running out of ideas" stupidity: Grimer and Muk are piles of sludge, Mr. Mime is a mime, Jynx is a racist characture, Tangela is a bunch of vines and Bulbasaur's family are dinosaurs with plants on their backs. An ice cream cone and a trash bag are par for the course. The designs have ALWAYS had idiotic choices and they have NEVER done anything as dumb as Jynx since Gen I.

At the same time, the games have more complexity than ever, there's an actual storyline that has more to it than collect eight badges, then become champion and Black/White have more end game content than any games other than Gold/Silver (and even then, it could be argued that the Kanto quest in Gold/Silver is part of the main game).

So, no, the franchise has not hit "rock bottom." The games have higher quality and more content than ever and the anime is the same as always. It hasn't been getting worse, you're getting older. You're 14. The target demographic of the franchise is eight to twelve.

11. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

You can only say Black and White have more end-game content if you count the dream world. I'm still gonna say Diamond/Pearl/Platinum had more endgame.

Anyways. Boxart is out. Looks pretty cool. Seeing as how Black-Kyurem is on Black 2 and White-Kyurem is on White 2 I'm still going to hold onto my idea that this is a sequel.

12. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

I don't know. Platinum, maybe, but third versions always have extra content, but Black/White had just as much, if not more extra stuff for the end game than Diamon/Pearl with the story being expanded by finding the sages, extra dungeons, legendaries, Black City and White Forest, two extra towns to visit, fighting the Elite Four again to become champion, fighting Cynthia and catching a crap load of out of region Pokemon. Regardless, though, its a pretty close match.

Also, Typhlosion is awesome and I haven't gone without one in my party since before Diamond.

13. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Typhlosion's movepool sucks. Still I completed all that stuff quickly and the Underground was way more fun than the Dream World.

14. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

Weak moveset or not, Typhlosion is still awesome.

15. Pinekaboo Chaser

Nothing massively important, but for those that want to see it, the japanese Box Art can be found here: Black 2 / White 2

Gonna be honest; the more I hear about it, the more I'm begining to think that yeah, maybe this isn't such a bad move after all. If they do this right, these games could be incredible.

16. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Pokemon Black and White 2

http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

Images have come out for these new games. They take place 2 years after Pokemon Black and White. So I was right. It still takes place in Unova but it's now partially frozen in many areas. There are new trainers to play as as well as a new rival. New cities and new Gym leaders too. I'm really excited about this now.

17. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

Back when it was first announced, I was only half-hyped. But I'm rip-roaring and ready to go now.
    I do like the look of the new female protagonist, but that Princess Leia-like hairdo at the top...is...well...I don't like it much, but I suppose it'll grow on me. And the male got a shonen-hairstyle, sweet.
    And I see a VS screenshot~ And Kyurem's sprite~

18. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Ooh, this is looking nice. Having some more information has hyped me up about it a bit more now.
    And from the looks of what they said, it would seem that some of the original Pokemon can be caught in Unova before getting the National Dex? Maybe I'm just reading that wrong but that's what it seems to me.

I wonder if they'll implement any of the characters from the prequels into these. It would be interesting to see what became of Ghetsis, as it is revealed he breaks out of captivity in the Post Game of Black/White, and maybe even the protagonist from Black/White will make an appearance much like Red did in Pokemon G/S/C.

19. Iskandar King of Conquerors

This is looking interesting, to be honest. I mean, it's strange that it's the same region, but set 2 years later and all new gyms and cities, but I might get used to it. It's not like what they did when they made Gold and Silver though, so it's kinda strange. I wonder if you can get 2 rivals though. I think that's one of my favorite features in Black and White, since you get a rival battle pretty much after each gym. I wonder who the antagonist group is this time. And it would be cool if N came back. And the characters look younger than the last. But I'm looking forward to seeing all the new stuff.
    Too bad it looks like the game comes out in America when I'll be on my volunteering for a year. Since we're not allowed to have game system on us, I'll be way behind in games, especially pokemon

20. Pinekaboo Chaser

Okay, well if it's set two years after Black and White I can handle this easily. The region could easily be more developed and look radically different, especially with the freezing over of some parts. I don't think much to the design of the new player characters, but meh, I will look forward to this now. I still wonder what the story will be behind the Kyurem forms.