Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Versions

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by . : tale_wind, Feb 25, 2012.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

[​IMG]

Just announced today on the children's show Pokémon Smash. Releases in Japan on June 2, 2012 for the Nintendo DS (not 3DS).

And yes, those are both Kyurem, in its new Black and White Formes (not entirely sure which is which).

Thoughts?

2. Pinekaboo Chaser

So no Gray version; instead we get two 'Third' versions? Seems a bit money-grabbing of them...
    I don't mind the new formes, but I don't like that it's clearly just Kyurem having taken back half of it's body from the other two. I would've prefered a 'complete' forme instead, if we were getting anything. :/
    On top of that, I already have White, so why would I want it again? A third version is normally fine; they add a lot of stuff, make the exclussives a mix of both games, and make the third legendary of a trio the main focus. Unless I'm mistaken; it looks like they've taken Black and White and just made Kyurem a new forme for each. No, surely that's not actually the case. I think they must have done more mixing around than that, otherwise it wouldn't be worth it...

Really not sure what to think of this. At all.

3. shadowlugia2000 Moogle Assistant

wtf? cant they just do what they were gonna do and make gray version? that is really messed up, pokemon should stay thier oringinal forms not mashed up like this.

4. Krowley Moderator

I was actually going to post this later.
    The website says they're NEW adventures, so I'm guessing that means new story.

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Clearly, they were never going to make Gray Version. I don't remember any announcements about it. Do you?

If Pokémon always stayed the same, then people would leave. Trying something new like this could be good for the series; we'll have to wait and see.

I'm going to assume (and hope) that since there were some unexplained plot points in the original BW (e.g., N's full backstory, Ghetsis' plans with the Adamant, Lustrous, and Griseous orbs) that these will be more sequel games than just updates like previously. I would've liked a "complete forme," too, or what the original Unova Royal Dragon looked like.

Yeah, I guesss it is a little money-grabbing. Businesses need to make money, sure, but this is a little much, I guess. Like I said, we'll see where this goes.

This.

6. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Come on guys. You think they'd just remake Black and White and only replace the legendary with Kyurem? Seriously. This'll be a better version of Emerald and Platinum. Why? Story. There'll be a lot more stuff in it. Funny if you think about it. Pokemon Gold and Silver were originally going to be called Pokemon Red and Green 2. I'm for this. Besides since I got black I can get White 2. And hey. They are thinking out of the box for this. Were any of you expecting this? No. You were expecting Gray.

7. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

I think this is where I draw the line with Pokemon. I tried to enjoy White as much as I could but the Pokemon designs were unbearable, they lost their style but I did enjoy the story to the fullest. I wasn't expecting a Pokemon Grey any time soon. For all of you who are crying over "Why no Grey?!!!" well guess what your looking at it. To be perfectly honest, if they ever make a Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald remake I will buy them but those will be the last and final Pokemon games I will ever buy. I wasn't going to walk out on Pokemon this early, I was going to give them one more region to win me back but I don't think that will happen.
    With that said, I'll pass on Pokemon Black and White 2 and with future regions of Pokemon.
    *walks out the exit door of the world of Pokemon*

8. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

It really bugs me when people say that GameFreak is running out of ideas for Pokémon. "ZOMG A GARBAGE BAG? LIEK THAT'S SOOO UNORIGINAL!!111!1oneone11!elevenone"

May I direct you, then, to the first generation, which had such unoriginal ideas as a ball? Not one, but three different piles of goo? A flaming duck...monster...thing? So horrible and ugly and unoriginal!

9. Pinekaboo Chaser

I'm hoping for a couple of things here.
    First of all; I'm hoping for (assuming it's still Unova) some major differences in at least a few of the map layouts. Not a huge amount; just enough.
    I'd like it if the storyline was able to actually feel resolved this time. N left, still with his dragon, at the end of the last one. We hear nothing about it afterwards, and pretty much the only two interesting things to do are catch Kyurem and battle Cynthia. And once those are done; you're done. There's no VS Seeker item, so you can't go back and challenge anyone except the league, wilds, or a couple of others. That got boring, frankly, and I think more post-game content needed to be there.
    We'd have to know more about N and Ghetsis, for sure. That could probably be done as part of the post-game content.
    Learn more about Kyurem. Explore the new formes in an interesting way.

And yeah; a complete form of Kyurem pretty much would be the Royal Unova Dragon, that's what I was thinking of when I said it.

10. libregkd -

11. Pinekaboo Chaser

12. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

I wasn't talking about originality btw
    I completely agree with this ^^^^^

13. CrownMoksha Decimo

At least this answer what's next for pokemon games since they've used all the minerals they can.

14. Misty gimme kiss

15. Saxima [screams geometrically]

lol, Pokemon Marble.

I'm pretty surprised at the fact that this isn't being released on the 3DS but perhaps they didn't want to go through all of the nonsense of turning it 3D. Pokemon just isn't what it used to be.

/oldfag

They're just running out of ideas.

16. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

FREAKING DAMNIT! REALLY Black and White 2!!!!!!!

SCREW THEM! NO MORE MONEY BEING SPENT ON THIS SERIES! TO MUCH TIME HAS BEEN SPENT HERE ON THEM!

/endrant

Well that was fun and exciting and all that jazz. But really? Black and White 2. I get trying something new, but this? I don't see how this is going to play out, but I better be albe to become a freaking gym leader in this game otherwise, no more.

17. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

Well.....this is a shock. A happy shock. Never seen this happen before in a Pokemon game.

Although Gray is a cooler name for a game, B&W2 still sound OK. I'm still trying to get to grips with Kyurem's alternate forms.

18. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

I'm a bit disappointed that it's not coming out for the 3DS. I would have loved to see what they could do to a proper Pokemon RPG with all the new hardware.
    Also, the picture doesn't exactly impress me, it seems kind of lazy to be honest. From what I can see they just stuck bits of Kyurem on Reshiram and Zekrom and modified the colour palettes a bit.
    But whatever, it's a Pokemon game, I'll still end up buying it regardless.

19. Daxa~ #stalker

I did not enjoy Pokemon Black all that much. It bored me.
    So Pokemon Black 2 strikes me as a waste of time.
    Although I shall end up playing it somehow,as part of my heart is always held by Pokemon.
    But still.

I wonder when the next generation will be out? I would love to see Pokemon Uranium or Pokemon Carbon or something. If they just went into the element of the periodic table,we would never run out of Pokemon.
    Hurrah.

20. Lite The Future

I'll probably buy one of the versions regardless of what it is, but there's one of two things I'm really hoping for story-wise with these sequels:

1) It is a direct sequel to Black & White. New story set in the Unova region, with a new threat (or a return from Team Plasma).

B) A re-do of the original story with more backstory for N and/or Ghetsis. I always felt that there wasn't much of an explanation behind those two as to where they come from.

Even with the...strange names, I am still looking forward to these sequels.

Also, as for Pokemon not moving to the 3DS yet, I'm thinking they might make the change when/if they make the Ruby/Sapphire remakes. If not then, the next generation will definitely be on 3DS.