Pixar

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by 61, Jul 22, 2014.

?

Top 3?

1. Toy Story

42.9%
  2. A Bug's life

28.6%
  3. Toy Story 2

14.3%
  4. Monsters, Inc.

14.3%
  5. Finding Nemo

28.6%
  6. The Incredibles

57.1%
  7. Cars

14.3%
  8. Ratatouille

28.6%
  9. WALL-E

14.3%
  10. Up

85.7%
  11. Toy Story 3

14.3%
  12. Cars 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Brave

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Monsters University

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 61 No. B

I've always admired Pixar films for being more sophisticated than the standard Disney fare. Pixar has gone out of their way to repeatedly raise the bar for family entertainment, and show time and again how smart story-telling can be done, and can be done well, for a kid's movie. While I have always preferred Pixar to Disney (luckily, my family has as well so Pixar would be played more often than Disney), I've only recently come to appreciate and enjoy them to the magnitude that I do. I would say they're some of my favorite films. Pixar is to thank for the relatively recent quality boost in children's entertainment in film. Studios are finally being forced to come to Pixar's level to compete, and perhaps most noticeably, Frozen is very clearly a product of Pixar's influence on the industry.

So, what are your favorite Pixar films?

Mine are The Incredibles, Up, and Monsters University.

On a surface level, The Incredibles is about superheros. And that's awesome. But what I really appreciate about the film is that it says so much regarding children's upbringing, their entertainment, and how these two things are so closely connected. I think the film has only become more relevant with what it says on celebrating mediocrity and protecting children from violence. I don't think The Incredibles will stop being relevant for a long time; it truly is a timeless film.

Up is beautiful. Plain and Simple.

Maybe it's because I saw Monsters University the summer before starting college, maybe it's because its themes are something I gravitate towards, I don't know, but Monsters University hit me in a place and immediately became one of my favorites. And gdi Monsters U is freaking gorgeous to look at. Pixar films have always been really pretty but this one. Oh man.

WALL-E and all of the Tory Story films get honorable mentions because I love them, though not quite as much as those three. But honestly, there's not a Pixar films that I've seen that I haven't liked.

I still have not seen Brave, Cars 2, or the entirety of Ratatouille. I need to, I know.

I was reluctant to place this in the Disney section, since Pixar and Disney are two very different things in my head and demand distinction, but I guess I have to. ugh.

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, Cars, and Up.

I haven't seen any of the others, though I'd like to see Toy Story 3 and Cars 2 someday.

Edit - 12:24 PM (PDT): Actually, I've also seen The Incredibles. Can a staff member add my vote there?

3. Mish smiley day!

The point of the poll was to choose 3..

4. Antidote Façade

Toy Story, A Bug's Life & Finding Nemo.

It's just purely nostalgia as those are the ones I watched the most as a kid. I'm looking forward to Finding Dory and I kinda wish there was a sequel to A Bug's Life also.

5. Ghost King's Apprentice

The Incredibles, Ratatouille, and Up.

The Incredibles was always my favorite Pixar movie but the first time I washed it I swore that Edna was a guy. I don't really remember why I like Ratatouille I just know I do. And I love Up. It's hilariously and Kevin is a girl.