Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End (Spoiler Thread)

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Xaldin, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

i thought it was so-so. it could have been so much better and the ending was pretty weak. IMO Johnny Depp aka Captain Jack Sparrow saved the film from being a complete flop, lol him in Davey Joness locker.........priceless. i was a row from the front so found it hard to concentrate on any one thing......though when Kiera Knightly was on screen i was strangly attentive XD

but yeah compared to the previous films it was pretty bad, though not as bad as i heard some people saying on another forum

2. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

The ending was stupid, we didn't need to see Elizabeth and Will have a kissing scene. And the funny bit was Jack talking to his other selves, so funny, did anyone see Jack's father in it?

3. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Captain Teague portrayed by Keith Richards. So very great.

Jack: So how's Mum?
    Teague: -Holds up a shrunken head-
    Jack: ...She looks great!

Oh yeah, and Barbossa's laugh. Got me laughing every time.

4. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

Most definately ;)

But whats so weak about an emotional ending scene? I mean the whole kiss thing just kinda summed up their relationship, I think it was cute. And the marriage thing was so clever IMHO-

You too :D
    And isnt it LOL in french? I speak it so its not so odd, but Im sure if I didnt kow it Id be like WHUT? xD

5. no-reality_allowed ¢ℓαιяνσуαηт ℓσνєкιℓℓ

I saw the film today and was just simply amazed. I was the only one in the theatre so I could do stuff you normally wouldn't do in a packed theatre.....like shout out "DAMN!".......yea I did that >.>

I wouldn't like to see a fouth PotC film, but instead maybe a spin-off with Jack Sparrow, like if he really did get to the fountain of youth.

I stayed after the credits and I simply thought "WTF!".....how the hell does Elizabeth have a son? When did she and Will ever get it on to have that baby? That's total bull**** if you ask me >_>

Ending credit video for those who haven't seen it>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpPsrptzuQw

6. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I think it's implyed that the two ...'got it on'...before Will left for another ten years. Since William III {yes that's his name} looks to be about ten years old during the ending sequence.

7. The Great Gatz Chaser

I saw PotC again yesterday. It was even better the second time. My favorite part still is all the parts where the little Will/Elizabeth theme things are playing. It reminds me of somebody special.

8. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

Haha niiiiice. That sounds like itd be fun to be alone during that movie.
    You have a point about the fourth. I smell Ponce De Leon D:

Remember that whole 'I need my boot back' thing? & the kneegasm? That was the hint. I liked it; very subtle. What I was wondering: HOW DOESNT SHE AGE?! xD She looked the same. Which is good for will I guess...I liked that part in general though; thought it was a nice wrapup.

My thoughts exactly ') I love that theme & it reminds me of somebody special too.
    I like how each movie repeats the previous ones themes, but incorporates its own as well.
    I thought the Davy Jones locket/organ playing was really neat and I love the whole 'davy jones VS jack sparrow' tune...very catchy :3

9. no-reality_allowed ¢ℓαιяνσуαηт ℓσνєкιℓℓ

It is nice to be alone in the movies, no distracting people and you can run around and shout all you want ^-^

and I don't know about Ponce de Leon, they don't really give PotC a specific date so it would be hard to know if Ponce would show up. My teacher told me that when Ponce went to look for the fountain he found the location but the fountain wasn't there.....so the film with Jack searching for the foutain could have him find it and keep it/destroy at the end ^-^

oh, I didn't pay much attention to what they could've done before Will asked for his boot, I was to focused on Elizabeth's kneecap >.>

10. The Great Gatz Chaser

Elizabeth's knee + Will Turner= BABIES!!!!!!!:p :p :p

MY 300TH POST!!!! YAY!

11. Reoy Hollow Bastion Committee

i really hated those dutch/british people they were so gay i even laugh at the part when they're ship was surronded and the guy he's just standing i mean wtf?! that was just stupid,the battle/war was awsome! i wanna watch it again

12. bmw2 Merlin's Housekeeper

13. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

Oh really? ;) Im pretty sure that Beckett was straight for Elizabeth (Or at least I think he hinted that...)
    That part was so cool!!! I liked when the ship got blown up but in a weird way I liked Becket too ;___;? Tom Hollander=teh awesomeness :3

14. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I think Beckett is the one you just have to love to hate. And yes, I'm fairly sure that he hinted at wanting Elizabeth at one point in the movie. But then again, most everyone had that same interest...as I've stated before...with sort of unwanted results.

But then again she was like the only woman in a movie with two hundred fifty THOUSAND men.

15. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

I totally agree with you 100% & I think you hit the nail on the head :D
    Elizabeth was the only female protagonist really, unless you want to count Calypso, Tia Dalma. There was Scarlett and Giselle but I didnt really think they count...So yeah Elizabeth was pretty much the center of affection for every guy; she did made out with the three main ones afterall...
    I think youre right about Beckett, he is the one you love to hate. And to a certain degree, I feel that way about Davy Jones too. I think in that case it was more of a villain you hate, but take pity on because he has that pathetic side to him as well.

16. BlazBlue Calamity King's Apprentice

I love this moive i saw it yesterday and i loved all of it

Jack:"ive got the key"
    Davy:*loooks left and right*"No you havent*lifts key up*
    Jack;"Oh that key"

XD lol jack and barbossa (SP?) was really funny heres a clip:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY1gyCAmRpg

17. rikurep Gummi Ship Junkie

i really want to see a fourth, he's goin after the fountain of youth now, right?

18. The Great Gatz Chaser

Sorry no fourth. I really wanna see a fourth too but I don't think it's gonna happen.:(

19. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I think 3 is just fine. 4 might be pushing it too much.

20. The Great Gatz Chaser

You could be right. But I'm addicted I need more! But what are the chances they could get the whole cast back together again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.