Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End (Spoiler Thread)

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Xaldin, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viroxor Traverse Town Homebody

The Restaraunt at the End of the Universe.
    A fourth one would be ******ed. It ended up right back at the beginning of Curse of the Black Pearl.

1)Barbossa mutinied Jack and started taking the crew toward the Fountain of Youth. Been there.
    2)Swan and her daughter live in Port Royal, practically waiting for the Black Pearl to come kidnap someone. Been there as well.
    3)Will is the new Davy Jones. Haven't been there, but we've seen the original.

Only difference is the Kraken is dead, and Norrington is dead. Other than that, they just swapped out the roles, except for the Jack/Barbossa thing, which is an exact repeat, save for the island part being skipped.

2. HOSPITAL STAT! i knock tits

I saw it last Monday. n_n It was way cool! (Even though I got a bit lost somewhere in the middle...) I absolutely LOVE Jack Sparrow <3

Though having to look at those Dutchmen all the time gave me the goosebumps *shudders*

3. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Yeah they would be best to leave it the way it is.

4. The Great Gatz Chaser

STAR WARS!!!!!!!! I ave an odd feeling they might make prequel to The Black Pearl. If they did that I would go see them. PotC is the best trilogy ever! I know some people who would agree with me.

5. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

So it would show us how Jack got left on the island & about Will's dad etc?

6. The Great Gatz Chaser

Or maybe how Davey Jones became who he was.

7. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Yeah they could do a lot with it.

8. The Great Gatz Chaser

C_S_I_Girl and I are pretty much addicted to PotC. So anything PotC would be good.

9. Viroxor Traverse Town Homebody

The Restaraunt at the End of the Universe.
    They already made a game about Jack's life before CotBP.

10. The Great Gatz Chaser

I know. The Legend of Jack Sparrow. So it would still make sense to make a movie of it. Because seriously who would think an amusement ride could make for such a great movie? Well of course game to movie transition has never been smooth. (except FFVII:AC) But they have done the impossible before and have brought something that wasn't a movie and brought it there and it succeeded. And of course the devoted PotC fans will go. Did any of that make sense? I stole a little too much of Jack Sparrow's rum. :D :D :D

11. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

Yeah, I destroyed the rum, anyway so it yesterday and I didn't fall asleep throughout, went to the 8:00 PM showing and it finished 11:15 PM, I just have one question, why did the guy walk into the fire at the end when he saw the Flying Dutchman and the Black Pearl bombing them, did he lose hope or knew he couldn't win?

12. orgXIIIfan King's Apprentice

I'm going to watch it with my dad and little brother.When I first saw the trailer,I really freaked out. "Welcome to SIngapore". That is MY COUNTRY and it was under the East India Trading Company that time.We get to see old day Singapore!XD Funny thing is that the East India Trading Company are the antagonists in SIngapore. I am certain that they fought near Labrador Park as according to the history sign boards over there,there was once a pirate hideout near the replica of Dragon's Tooth Gate.

13. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

Bruckheimer wants to do a 4th.
    I have not yet officially confirmed this, but Ive heard it.
    Now the ACTORS wanting to do another, that is a completely different story.

Anyway: For some clarification regarding Elizabeth & Will
    Okay so you know how I said that before? Well watching the movie for as second time only confirmed it. See, Gibbs said that you only see that flash of green when a soul is brought back from the dead. Well, at the end of the movie, there IS a flash of green as Will is returning. That means he can EITHER stay with elizabeth/son OR he can go back out to sea with the dutchman. Who will be the new captain, I do not know.
    However, the reason why Jones was bound to it for eternity was Calypso's doing. She charged him with the duty of ferrying souls to the next world. Since he had such an important job, he could only come to land once every ten years etc...When she broke his heart by cheating on him, he started not doing his job. 'His purpose had been corrupted, and thus he became corrupted too' as they said in the movie. So a curse was put upon him, the crew and the ship. To punish Calypso, he had her bound in human form [because he knew she'd hate it] Its really sad if you actually think about it ;___;

To clarify about the Kraken:
    I had origionally thought that Jones killed the Kraken, and the producers were trying to show us how evil Jones had gotten because even his own monster wasnt bad enough.
    HOWEVER: upon watching the movie a second time, I noticed that I had been partially right. Jones did kill the Kraken. but AT BECKETTS ORDERS! See he was talking about Jones distroying the ships, and he needed to interrogate people. but they were always dead because Jones oblitterated the ships. Well he made reference to Jones' "pet" [meaning the Kraken] and how thats why Beckett made Davy kill it [because it completely destroyed the ships]

I noticed a bunch of little things I hadent seen before, one in particular that I thought was funny:
    At the end, when the crew goes up to Barbossa to say they felt guilty&such, I noticed Ragetti was carving himself another eye out of wood xDDD

Honestly, I think thats for the viewer to interpret. I personally saw it as he gave up because Davy Jones had gotten killed. Even though Beckett treated him like crap, I think he knew exactly how powerful Jones was. And with him dead, it was pointless to continue because he would have no control over the seas anymore...
    IDK thats what I thought about it. I could be totally wrong :3

You bring up something very interesting.
    Remember why Jacks crew mutinied before? He promised to show them something, JUST as Barbossa does at the end of this movie. I think youre onto something...

I want a 4th movie. I really do; my only forseeable problem is Davy Jones. He was the enemy of ALL enemies. Larger than life, if youwill. So, how exactly do they plan to create something more frightening, more evil than him? Ponce de Leon isnt exactly a fierce tentacle-y creature thats a heartless monster. Part of the ingeniousness with Davy Jones, is that viewers actually take pity on him. While he has this tough side, he also has a pathetic, weak side to him as well. I think thats part of the cleverness ofthe 2nd&3rd movies. I just dont see how you could create a villain thats more monumental than the 'sea' itself...

14. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Davy Jones is gone...as is the East India Trading Company.

Well perhaps not gone so much as disgraced without their Lord to organize everything.

I know Johnny Depp would love to do a 4th movie. I've heard him say in interviews that he never really stops being a character just because a movie is done. That they all sort of stay with him.

And my views on Beckett's death scene is as follows:

I think Beckett sees that he can't hope to match the combined might of the Flying Dutchman and the Black Pearl. Even though his ship has a ridiculous amount of canons on it. Though I found it hard to believe he could avoid all the flying shrapnel and everything else for so long.

Also one thing that confused me the first time was Sao Feng referring to Elizabeth as Calypso. Well the second time I saw it clarified it for me. Sao Feng is led to believe she is Calypso by Barbossa who knows who Calypso's human form is, having been at the First Brethren Court that bound the Goddess.

And why is it that everyone who kisses/is kissed by Elizabeth dies in someway?
    She kissed Jack - he got eaten by the Kraken and sent to Davy Jones' locker.
    She kisses Will - He gets stabbed by Davy Jones. With the sword he made for Norrington in the first movie. {Oh irony lol}
    Sao Feng kisses her - He gets impaled by shrapnel
    Norrington kisses her - He gets stabbed by Bootstrap Bill.

15. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

She's a woman, the Pirate Code states that all Women that are brung on a Pirate Ship is a curse or bad luck, they were right about her and Calypso. And Will can come back, as long as a god or goddess dosen't curse him. And they still have many enemies, like the King of the sea and other mythical creatures.

16. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

You bring up some greatpoints as welll.Lol shrapnel going everywhere, but you’ve got to admit that scene was very cool. I hope for her son’s sake that Elizabeth never kisses him xD

17. Xaldin ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They can't really make a 4th movie, it's possible but not really something I'd like to see, because before they had thoughts about ending it at 3.

Therefore, of course it being the finale, they had to do their best, add in all their effort, you can even tell by Hans Zimmer (Composer) did his best to add so much epicness, by using the pirates theme that's sung in different tunes, and different versions to show exactly how important that song was. He had everything needed to make the "final" film feel epic by the music. And the setting itself couldn't be more perfect, a battle with Davy Jones, and the East India company. I mean Davy Jones is dead now yeah.

The East India Trading Company is not gone, they retreated, they lost everyone that gave them a major morale against Pirates, but they could still bring the EITC back with a new commander, or so, part of an army. It doesn't end until they surrender, or they're obliterated, same with the pirates.

Anyways, yeah I don't want to see a fourth, they ended this one as they should have ended a trilogy.

18. oX Angel Xo Traverse Town Homebody

mhmm i agree...the only reason i would like to see a 4th is cause i wanna laugh more :p but it wouldnt make a good story, and eventually it could kinda like ruin the whole series, cause it sort of feels like theyve already concluded everything (UNLESS the trippy guy who makes the stories or something happens to have something else cool in mind and decides to make a trippy 4th movie....trippy...) anyways, i think it could kinda go either way, but the only way for there to be a good 4th movie is if they've had it planned out cause the 3rd one did sort of make a finale-ish feeling to the series - elizabeth has a son and finally married will (even though it was a weird marriage procces), davy jones is dead, the east india trading company is kinda screwed up at that moment, but yeah jack and his ship are kinda like back to the plot of the first movie...oh my, poor jackie...BUT we know he'll get it back cause barbossa needs the map that jack has...

i really dont know..if they know what theyre doing to make a 4th one, then go right ahead, but if they do it for the heck of it just to make another movie then please dont mr. director...please...

19. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

exactly. I just wouldnt want to see a 4th ruin the amazing records of the other 3. Thats where my whole Davy Jones rant fits in...

20. The Great Gatz Chaser

I'm gonna see PotC again today! Right now I'm watching DMC in French. I told you I would watch it in French C_S_I_Girl. I love you.:p :p :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.