Site News Pins have returned --- NOW WITH MORE FEATURES!

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Chevalier, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Hey guys, since the move to Xenforo we have been adapting to things and trying to improve most of everything. Unfortunately, moving is a slow and daunting process sometimes--things need fixing, and you have to sort of 'unpack' things.

Sadly, all the pin info has been lost. So all the pins have to be re-awarded. We have made preparations to try and compensate for it. Event Pins which you can re-gain in another year do not apply.

This means that while you can request pins like KH-Vids 2010 or KH-Vids 2011, pins like Castle Survivor or Party Lover, you'll have to wait until the event happens again.

But first a small reminder of what Pins are:

Pins are collectible little medals you obtain from accomplishing things on the site. While they really don't serve a practical purpose, they're nice for having fun and showing them off.

That said, I want to happily announce the opening of BULKY MEDAL, OUR PIN EMPORIUM! (click the image to be taken there)

Bulky Medal.png

In this new Pin Emporium you will be able to do more than what the older pin system allowed:​

• Request all your pins (so a claim-it-yourself kind of deal)
    • Create Pins with Materials
    • Trade Pins with other members
    • Modify which Pins appear in your posts (still being worked on atm)
    So go ahead and check it out! We hope you enjoy it!

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Chevalier, Nov 6, 2012.

1. jafar
      jafar
      yay.

pins.
    2. TitanTX
      TitanTX
      Oh cool missed this feature even if i didn't have now its really like a browser side game on the forum cool :)
      Chevalier can you upload a list of ingredients needed to make certain pins thanks, love the update
    3. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      So if we remembered what pins we had before, we could request to have them back using this?
    4. ShibuyaGato
      ShibuyaGato
      Yeah, but they've already stated that event pins like Castle Oblivion, Party Lover, etc won't be available to just ask for. We'll have to wait for the events to come around again before we can get them back (though that shouldn't be much of a problem since CO is right around the corner).
    5. Te Deum
      Te Deum
      This is sweet. What abut pins like The Promise? Do we have to participate in a community activity again for that too?
    6. Plums
      Plums
      Yeah, you have to state what Community Event you were in.

Like if you were in the Chorus one time, if you were in the MEP, if you took part in the Nook/Lit stuff, etc.

As long as it's not RP Idol/SotW/TaotM/Podcast (because those have their own pins!), it should be fine.
    7. Te Deum
      Te Deum
      Well I actually used my ??? pin to achieve that pin.

So that either means I have to do a Community Event or I just claim it by saying I used the ??? pin.
    8. Chevalier
      Chevalier