Percy Jackson and The Olympians

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Roxas24Sora, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

November? It came out on October 4th. I've read it. It was awesome.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE TO WAIT A WHOLE YEAR FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!!!!

Btw, it's called Mark of Athena.

2. Always Dance Chaser

Eh...I'm in the middle of the first book, and it's amusing, but I don't know, something about it feels juvenile, like it's aimed at people much younger than me. I didn't get this feeling reading Harry Potter.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

well, it was aimed at those around the early teen years, probably up to something like 15 or something. I guess if you're older you just have to have the right kind of interests to actually still find it amusing like Harry Potter.

I personally find it more amusing than the Harry Potter books. They were good books, but just reading a book that uses things like swords and has fights and stuff is cooler than reading about someone using a spell all the time

4. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

I have read them and they were great! I like how each book was based off a different story from greek mythology. (e.g Sea of monsters = Jason and the argonauts. Last olympian = Trojan war ect.) Anyway, if you haven't read the books, you should. now.

5. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

I've read them all and I have to say I loved them. It never got boring and here was plenty of action too! I also loved how the Gods interacted with the main characters and the accuracy with which they are described.

All in all, a very enjoyable experience. I recommend the series to anyone who likes Mythology and Fantasy!

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

What, you mean like how they portrayed Zeus as an arrogant person who beleived himself to be above everyone else? Although, how do you make a Greek God accurately? I mean, where would you go to know exactly how people thought they were like and all that?

7. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

November was the original release date when The Lost Hero first came out, it was said Son Of Neptune would be November. Of course I'm aware it came out in October in the end. I bought it the day it came out.

8. Rapid Ignis Destiny Islands Resident

I read them. ALL OF THEM. I loved them, not 'Je adore', more like 'Oh God, I LOVE these BOOOOOOKS!!!!'
    I reccently re-read them through book three, though I'm bit upset because I lost book four when I moved a few years ago. This frustrates me to no end because the series is kinda like Harry Potter in that most people consider them to be for middle-school aged kids, when really the books that are later in the series are (slightly) aimed at an older audience, and I'm almost afraid that I'll be ridiculed in public if I actually go out and buy one.... >_<.

Anyhow, great series, if you can overcome your fear of the public eye, then go get them. NOW.

9. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

Only read 1 of the series =[ Hoping to read the others. The one I read was 'Battle of the Labyrinth' and it was funny while awesome.

10. axel_respect Destiny Islands Resident

One of my favorite series of all time. Demigods are boss. The new series with Jason is awesome too. Can't wait for the next book

11. MuchoMarshmallow Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm gone absolutely crazy waiting for Mark of Athena!!! I first got obsessed with the series at the age of eleven and two years later I'm still impatiently waiting for that hologram of an owl to come flapping in.