Tutorial Pentool Guide

Discussion in 'Help' started by tkato, Apr 8, 2007.

1. tkato Merlin's Housekeeper

I Want to teach you how to make "spirit lines" like i did in my last sig, 300. i know she sucks but the pentooling is great :)
    [​IMG]

BTW this is for Photoshop, i don't use GIMP and C4D so you need to have prior exprience in photoshop.

First choose the pen tool (if you have a tablet choose the free pen tool) start drawing the path of your desired lines.
    if the lines are around a certin character make sure it looks like it goes around it and that it fits.

Now the path is done, choose the brush tool and choose the soft brush in 5px or even less... it's up to you to expriment.
    right click with the pen tool on the path and choose stroke, choose to stroke via brush and tick the Simulate Pressure button.

now you'll have a line, but it's still needs some work, take the eraser and erase the parts that go over your character and unwanted parts.
    duplicate as much as you want to make the line appear as good as you want, take the first layer of the line and Gasussian Blur it, but don't over do it.

now you can keep the colour you choose but i always take the lines and give them another colour via colour balance, so it's up to you.

2. Cody Chaser

I just made a tutorial like this one.....
    It's exactly the same XD