PC Show-and-Tell

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Hayabusa, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Hayabusa Venomous

Basically, this be a thread where we can share our own PC specifications and pictures, whether they be custom or stock, just because some of us are weird enough to be into it. It doesn't have to be some dream machine that can run Crysis 3 at a 4K resolution at the highest settings in a solid 90FPS either; just whatever you'd like to share.

Personally, I only have a laptop currently, but it's damn good if you ask me (45 FPS in XCOM: Enemy WIthin at highest settings, 1920x1080) and I lurv the overall design of it.

This be my laptop, the ASUS G550JK:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No inside shots because I'd rather not take apart a laptop. There are plenty of videos for that on YouTube though.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  2. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

As seen in The Lounge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Case: Corsair 900D
    Motherboard: Asus ROG Rampage 4 Extreme
    CPU: Intel i7 3930k @ 3.2Ghz (for now)
    RAM: Corsair Vengance 2133Mhz (8Gb) (Gave one stick to my brother for his new build)
    Graphics Cards: 2 Palit GTX 760 Jetstreams
    Drives: A whole tonne of SSD's of varying size and brand
    PSU: Cooler Master HX750 from like, three PC's ago (Seriously, I love this thing. It's handled all the abuse it's taken over the last like, six years)

1 CPU waterblock
    2 waterblocks for the graphics cards
    1 pump
    About 1.5 meters of red tubing
    Two radiators (one 360 and one 480(all 120mm fans))
    A tube reservoir of some kind
    12 compression fittings
    I can't remember like ANY of the parts for my watercooling loop but hey I know there's a lot of water in there that isn't leaking so that's all that really matters to me

Edit: moved my desk and found an awesome one to sit just my tower on so now it's kinda a ghetto L shaped desk

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  3. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Alright so I finally managed to finish my computer, sadly I only really took pictures during the first half of the build as my father came home and I couldn't exactly take my time because he was tired from work. This resulted in some "poor" cable management that I will fix later when my other four fans arrive (which you obviously won't see in the pictures).

My build:

• Intel Core i7-4790k 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
    • Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU cooler
    • Asus Z97-PRO (Wi-Fi ac) ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
    • Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
    • [Two] Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drives (Raid 1)
    • [Four] Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Raid 10)
    • EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN BLACK Superclocked Signature
    • Corsair 600T Mesh (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
    • Corsair 860W+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
    • Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
    • [Four] Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fans

Pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

To the haters:

This build isn't something I would recommend someone who is tight on cash to build, hell even if you do have the money this is probably paying a bit more for smaller gains. The reason I went with this specific build (I'm looking at you Titan Black and 32GB of RAM) is I thought to myself for a very long time growing up as I was fascinated by computers "I hope some day I can build 'x'". That is why I went with this. Also in the past I have done a lot of audio/video work anywhere from just recording and editing music that I've played to editing multiple videos at the same time. I WILL make a use for the parts that I have selected to buy for this build. Most people who are just looking for a gaming rig, STAY AWAY FROM THIS. You will waste your money.

Also why I didn't go with water cooling. Tbh, I just wanted to go with a solid air cooling build and I realllly wanted to try out the new NH-D15 and so far it is an amazing cooler. It was however a pain to install. This is also why I went with the 600T. It has so much mesh for air to go through that it was the perfect match.

All around price for this build including tax (because I know people will look it up anyways): $3,200~. If anyone has any questions feel free to hit me up :D

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  4. Hayabusa Venomous

Suffice to say man...this shit is future proof for probably the next DECADE. Nice. I can only hope to have a quarter as decent a rig when I build my own first PC.

5. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan you need to gimme some lewd inside shots

6. Hayabusa Venomous

Ugh you guys pls I wanna see more computer stuff spend your money too ;.;

Anyway, got a new GPU for my black PC: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 with 4GB GDDR5.

Normal price is around $240-$260

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Everything else in the PC is the same, being:

CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz 6-Core
    Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+
    Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333
    Storage: Seagate Barricuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Case: Thermaltake Armor Series ATX Full Tower
    Power Supply: Cooler Master R5 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX

Fire Strike 1.1 score comparisons:
    GTX 560 1GB GDDR5: 2834
    GTX 960 4GB GDDR5: 5697

Specific brands are Asus DirectCU II OC for the 560 and EVGA SuperSC ACX for the 960.

If anyone's curious, I'll report some FPS results for a few games once I get to play more.

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

And here I thought mine was a beast of a GPU. Heck, I even spent $300 on mine. Though it did need to be AMD compatible, and I don't know if that one is or not. But I'm guessing you also didn't go to Micro Center where everything wants to suck away your money?

8. Hayabusa Venomous

I went to Fry's Electronics with my dad and brother.

My processor is AMD, dunno if that's what you're asking.

What card do you have and when did you buy it?

9. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Businesses try their best to make money, that's how business works, lol.

10. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I've this one

But yeah, I was talking about the processor. Right now I'm using an AMD FX 8320 for my processor

11. Hayabusa Venomous

Honestly, our GPU's are pretty close in performance. I went with the GTX 960 because, as I've shown, it was a reduced price, and I wanted the cooler run temps and lower power consumption.

Your CPU beats mine obviously, though not by a very visible amount.

The next things I want to upgrade are the motherboard and then the CPU. Maybe the memory and stick in an SSD, but this is all when I have a lot more money.

12. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

SSD > everything else you listed, in terms of "price per performance". You will get so much out of an SSD, whereas everything else will most likely give you minimal improvements unless you drop a ton of cash into it or randomly get into editing.

13. Hayabusa Venomous

I'm honestly not that bothered by my current load times or transfer rates though ._.

Is it really that much better?

14. Iskandar King of Conquerors

It's certainly fun having a SSD running the OS and not having to wait for absolutely anything compared to my laptop where it would take 5 minutes just to boot up most of the time. Hell, just installing the OS took maybe 15 minutes or so, and that was just the unpacking everything. After that the rest of the stuff that would take longer went by in 2 seconds, I kid you not

Here's a comparison. Wily Coyote compared to the Road Runner for most of the simple things

15. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

It's not JUST that it's that much better, it's more or less that it is both fantastic, and the other choices are bad in terms of price for performance (assuming you are only interested in gaming)

16. Hayabusa Venomous

The main reason I'm interested in upgrading my Motherboard is to add some USB3.0 functionality, but I definitely will look into some SSD's.

Got good recommendations?

17. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

18. Hayabusa Venomous

19. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

Saving for two 970s and an Asus X99-Pro. Jumping to X99 means I'm gonna need to get a new CPU and memory, and **** me it's gonna be expensive

20. Iskandar King of Conquerors

When I was buying mine, I was told that the top three quality SSD were SanDisk, Crucial, and Intel. Don't get the Kingston, I've been told those aren't that good.