Parents want Santa to 'Slim Down'

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Laurence_Fox, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

The world is getting worse, how is making Santa slim going to help with obesity?

Hell I just read that a couple extra pounds won't impact on your health. :/
    *I said a couple*

2. EvilMan_89 Code Master

that is just stupid. santa has been fat forever. it would be just as stupid as when they removed Pluto as being a planet! seroiusly, why are there so many liberals now? here's how to annoy a liberal: work hard and be happy. anyways, back on topic: fat people are fat becuz they are doing something wrong. it's no one else's fault but their own (except in the case of small children, then MAYBE it's the parent's faults). i myself am overweight but i do NOT blame other ppl on it. these parents are seeing problems where they are in fact no problems at all

3. godzilla3456 Gummi Ship Junkie

Evilman your right, and so you all shut up SANTA WILL DIE WITHOUT HIS BLUBBER! HE LIVES ON THE NORTH POLL! YOU KNOW HOW COLD THAT IS!

4. EvilMan_89 Code Master

this better not happen, this will suck even more than Pluto not being a planet anymore

5. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky
    Santa Claus has this image that everybody know- and chubby happens to be part of it. Just becuase Santa is chubbier doesn't mean that kids are getting fatter to try and be like him. That's like telling a child's teacher to lose weight becuase their heaviness is influencing the child. You just don't do it.

If they change Santa I will be incredibly disappointed.

Edit : 400th post! =D

6. JellyBeing ALL. THE. BUTTS.

Honestly... what has the world come to.

I mean really, as stated before, children are how they are because of how they are brought up. It's just parents arrogantly going about their lives blaming others for their own mistakes, unable to accept the 'harsh' reality that 'YES, YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG.'

Strong 'skinny' pushes like this are exatcly why today's society's views are warped. Everyone want's you to be thin, and will reject you if you are 'fat.' Everything now-a-days is thrown toward extra-small and smalls; and if you don't meet there standard then, hell, you better get there and fast. Which causes so many young men and women to become ill with anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa.

Santa Clause has been a beloved icon for hundreds of years, always looking the same. If it has worked for that long then, I belive, it can still work. Nothing has changed... just society.

7. Jade Rhade King's Apprentice

Oh dear. This is why I'm starting to think people should need to take a common-sense test before being allowed outside a controlled setting.

Again, as I seem to be saying about a lot of current events, this is just silly. Perhaps these parents should take it upon themselves to make sure their kids don't end up obese? And then perhaps allow others to mind their own business?!

8. Spike H E R O

Oh, for the love of God. This just goes to show that we're living in a time of ignorance. How does it make sense that St. Nick's giving kids the message to get fat? Personaly, the only message I ever got from the old man was to give presents and how the thought matters more than the gift.

Seriously, Santa Claus has been a symbol for Christmas since time immemorial. Saying that he's the reason American kids are big-boned is just a way for parents to find something to blame their own faults on. The thing about parents is: none of them like to admit that they're wrong. So what did they do? They found jolly old Santa Claus to point the finger at.

9. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I heard that they'd prefer that he wasn't dressed in a red suit since red is an 'angry' color.

Also they don't like him saying 'Ho ho ho' for certain modern reasons. It should be 'He he he'.

It's all ridiculous.

10. Jade Rhade King's Apprentice

Mm, that's right; I heard something like that. I don't remember where this is, but somewhere (Australia?) they won't allow him to say "Ho ho ho" because they say it's demeaning to women. I'm not sure if that's the country; it was just something a friend mentioned to me in passing a week or two ago, and I'd forgotten until now.

11. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

Jesus Christ on a ****ing stick, you guys.

[​IMG]

I can't see how people can blame Santa Clause for people getting fat. People are gaining weight by overeating, not because Santa is too. I suppose they also think that he's encouraging robbery and that ****, because he sneaks into people's homes and leaves unknown objects under a ****ing tree.

Oh my god, Santa Clause is supposed to be a good figure. Be kind, and you'll receive something you want for your efforts. Be naughty...and ****, you won't get anything. I never knew people had the guts to say that Santa himself was enticing obesity rather than some ****ing kindness here and there. I fail to see how Americans could be so ****ing simple minded.

*facepalm* Some people here need a ****ing brain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.