Paramore's New Album

Discussion in 'Music' started by Razgriz Thirteen, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

Paramore's new self-titled album has slowly been coming out in parts, and finally came out not too long ago.
    What are your opinions on their new sound though? Coz their sound has changed drastically with this new one and other people I know aren't taking it too well. Personally I really don't like Still Into You, but some of the other songs like Ain't it Fun and Grow Up still sort of capture that good old pissed off Paramore vibe.

2. 61 No. B

I've never been a Paramore fan, though I've known about their music since Riot.
    I've only ever liked some of their songs, and going by those it seems that, as with many of the other few remaining good bands, they sold out.
    They're trying to please too many people. They want to get a taste of the mainstream audiences like they had back with Misery Business and Twilight, but at the same time they're trying to please their old fans. This generally ends in disaster.

3. Mysty Unknown

I am a paramore fan. This album though, I have not been able to completely listen to it just from being a tad bored with the first few songs. I know it gets better but... I will just have to listen to them individually

4. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

I've been listening to the album again and again, and you get used to some of the other songs, and start to enjoy them even. But yeah, I think they're stretching themselves a little far to reach a larger audience. I like almost any kind of music though, so it makes me a really bad critic when it comes to these things XD

5. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I like any kind of music too, except Heavy Metal. But getting back to topic, I think Paramore's new album is okay, but I like their old ones better. To me, it feels different compared to Riot! and Brand New Eyes.

6. Fellangel Bichael May

Paramore's new album is alright at best. It has a few songs in there I like, but it's mostly meh. I really liked Paramore's older songs as it had a more lively feel to them. I'm not saying it's their fault. An artist's gotta change up their style once in a while.

7. Lucideffective Merlin's Housekeeper

They are definitely missing the Farro brothers, there just isn't the kick they used to have - think about the intros of tracks like Misery Business, Careful, even Monster, all had quite weighty guitar lines that arguably became their sound. It reminds me quite a lot of Bloc Party's Intimacy, in that they are both rather muddled attempts to escape from the guitar-rock they were very successful with towards a more eclectic and synth-driven sound. Some good tracks here but has nothing on Brand New Eyes, which was their most unified with very little filler.

Just my two cents anywho~

8. Aqua's Sacrifice Merlin's Housekeeper

Yeah I'm a big fan of Paramore pre this album. There's only two songs on it that I even find good on it. Which is Still into you and Ankle biters, but that's about it.