Original Paradigm Shift

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by mindstorm787, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]

"Cute, you think those crystals will do anything for you." Raelyn responded rather monotone. She looked at the crystal, then to the others though. If they really wanted it, perhaps she should try to help maybe. Rolling her eyes at them she stepped forward. "Funny you don't actually let anyone else respond before you threaten death, I would say that is a cry for attention if I have ever seen one. You just want to feel power over everyone don't you. So what do you really want in exchange for that blasted thing. These people seem to want it and I will never hear the end of it if you don't give it to them, so lets work something out." Raelyn batted her eyes at him. Perhaps she was talking because she knew the feeling all too well, but she wasn't a hundred percent sure that was exactly it. At this point she was talking just so she wasn't left behind. She wanted this dealt with so that they could move on with their lives.

2. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Well things at least got interesting. Inna stopped beside the others and crossed his arms. At this point, he was getting tired of the games. He may not have wanted this memory crystal, but at least he knew others wanted it in his party. Now that Dot was out of the picture momentarily, Inna was at a loss for what to do. He looked to Rex and then Raelynn. Raelynn spoke out first, asking the boy what he wanted out of this for the crystal. Inna shrugged and decided that he shouldn't bother with the boy since he clearly could use some kind of electric element. If this was like any other game, water and electric don't mix well. He sure didn't want to cause everyone to get electrocuted, so he stopped himself from casting any magic. "I may not want the crystal myself, but then...if this is the last one for awhile...I can't deny my party members from their right to their memories." he said. He closed his eyes a moment, thinking to himself.

"But I have to say, you're probably kind of hurt by this point, huh? Maybe not a lot of HP left? Or am I wrong?" he tilted his head, still thinking. "Either way, we could probably gang up and beat you easily. I'd love to hear you talk tough when we've beaten you down." He opened his eyes, grinning.

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

It didn't take long for them to catch up to the guy after Evie had tripped them and about all of their elemental attacks hit their mark. The actual confrontation part had its own set of issues as with the first few things this guy had said and the fact that he'd sent dot flying into the distance made it even clearer that they weren't the talking type. "There's no way around this, is there?" Gale said to himself more so than anyone else.

4. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Evie caught up with the rest of the group as they were gathered around the mystery person. The man had then looked at Evie with a smirk on his face. She immediately hid behind Gale as Raelyn went up to the man. She definitely wasn't getting any good vibes from him. The man named Hector immediately sent Dot flying off. "Dot!! No!!" Worry filled Evie's mind as the others were trying to reason with Hector. She looked back at the man had still felt a little uneasy. "We mean you no harm. We just need that crystal. We're not looking for any trouble. Can we please have that crystal?" Hopefully, Evie's attempt would persuade him but she felt as though that wouldn't be the case.

5. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Rex Valin | Location: Deep Woods | Time: Night
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Funny you don't actually let anyone else respond before you threaten death, I would say that is a cry for attention if I have ever seen one. You just want to feel power over everyone don't you. So what do you really want in exchange for that blasted thing. These people seem to want it and I will never hear the end of it if you don't give it to them, so lets work something out." Raelyn spoke, but it only earned a snicker from Hector, shaking his head.
    "We mean you no harm. We just need that crystal. We're not looking for any trouble. Can we please have that crystal?" Asked Evie, horrified seeing Dot launched like a cannon ball.

"No can do sweetheart." Hector replied sarcastically. "You made the choice when you pulled the vines from under me. So....~" He will the crystal to disappear into his inventory like any of Rex and his party were able to do, and began to walk slowly to the group.
    "There's no way around this, is there?" Gale muttered, but to no one in particular. Rex simply grunted in agreement.
    "But I have to say, you're probably kind of hurt by this point, huh? Maybe not a lot of HP left? Or am I wrong?" Inna chimed in, tilting his head like a cat, curious of a mouse. "Either way, we could probably gang up and beat you easily. I'd love to hear you talk tough when we've beaten you down."

"Kept you guys going for this long, didn't I?" Hector replied, almost good-natured, raising his arms, causing Rex to immediately spring in front as Hector once again caused a crackle-like explosion of wind at the closest member of the party, being Raelyn. Luckily, Rex was barely fast enough to get in front, and brought up his arms to guard from the attack. The wind stung his arms like a heavy slap. Any more power, and it would've broken part of his arms, were they in normal circumstances. He slid back a couple of feet, and was knocked off balance, break rolling backward and landing belly up in the hard-packed earth. He groaned, standing as Hector whistled in surprise. "A fast boy. Welp, this certainly got interesting..."

.: BATTLE START!!! :.
    Lower Hector's HP to make him yield!
    Current Music Track: The Battle of Lil' Slugger (Extended) - Super Meat Boy OST

• Level 22
      HP: 780 | Mana: 1200 | Stamina: 55 | Accuracy: 6
      Attack: 60% | Defense: 55% | Speed: 55%
      Health: 61% | Magic: 70% | Stamina: 55% | Accuracy: 60%
      Normal

• Level 3
      HP: 1030 | Mana: 1000 | Stamina: 50 | Accuracy: 5
      Attack: 53% | Defense: 50% | Speed: 53%
      Health: 53% | Magic: 50% | Stamina: 50% | Accuracy: 50%​

- Fire Bullets (Fire Multi) - User fires a barrage of flames the burn enemies for 2 turns. [12-25 Damage, 120 Mana, 1 Post Cooldown]

- Great Fire Blast (Fire Blast) - User fires a huge ball of fire at enemies that burns for 2 turns. Can be ridden on if the user's Accuracy is > 6 to gain an extra move. [230-300 Damage, 200 Mana, 2 Post Cooldown]

- Blaze Column (Fire AOE) - User creates an eruption below an enemy or group of enemies that burns them for 3 posts. Will always hit it's target if the user's Accuracy is > 9. [140-230 Damage, 250 Mana, 2 Post Cooldown]

• Scan - Detect a target's HP and basic Stats.
      • Defender - Raises Defense by 10 when HP is below 25%.
      • Fixer - Gain 5% more Grist from doing Missions.

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

• Level 3
      HP: 1000 | Mana: 1000 | Stamina: 50 | Accuracy: 5
      Attack: 50% | Defense: 50% | Speed: 50%
      Health: 50% | Magic: 50% | Stamina: 50% | Accuracy: 50%​

- Aqua Stream (Water Multi) - User fires a barrage of water bullets at enemies. [15-25 Damage, 200 Mana, 1 Post Cooldown]

- Water Beam (Water Blast) - User fires a small beam of water that is effective at long range that stuns targets for 1 turn. Will always hit it's target if the user's Accuracy is => 7. [250-300 Damage, 200 Mana, 2 Post Cooldown]

- Water Tornado (Water AOE) - User stomps the ground to generate a liquid tornado that sucks in enemies, dealing damage 5 times. [15-20 Damage, 300 Mana, 2 Post Cooldown]

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

• Cell Key 54 - Story Item

• Level 3
      HP: 1020 | Mana: 1000 | Stamina: 52 | Accuracy: 5.1
      Attack: 54% | Defense: 50% | Speed: 50%
      Health: 52% | Magic: 50% | Stamina: 52% | Accuracy: 51%​

- Poison Needles (Plant Multi) - User fires flurry of low damaging needles that causes targets to be stunned for 1 turn. [15-25 Damage, 200 Mana, 1 Post Cooldown]

- Water Beam (Water Blast) - User fires a small beam of water that is effective at long range that stuns targets for 1 turn. Will always hit it's target if the user's Accuracy is => 7. [250-300 Damage, 200 Mana, 2 Post Cooldown]

- Vine Grab (Plant Transport) - User throws out a vine that grabs enemies and heals the user. Can be used to grab allies out of the way, and will always hit it's target if the user's Accuracy is => 7. [15-20 Damage, +130-160 HP, 400 Mana, 3 Post Cooldown]

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

• Level 3
      HP: 1020 | Mana: 1010 | Stamina: 50 | Accuracy: 5.2
      Health: 52% | Magic: 51% | Stamina: 50% | Accuracy: 52%​

- Wind Tornadoes (Wind Multi) - User fires a barrage of tornadoes that flinches foes and negates oncoming Fire attacks. [120-150 Damage, 320 Mana, 2 Post Cooldown]

- Great Fire Blast (Fire Blast) - User fires a huge ball of fire at enemies that burns for 2 turns. Can be ridden on if the user's Accuracy is > 6 to gain an extra move. [230-300 Damage, 200 Mana, 2 Post Cooldown]

- Blaze Column (Fire AOE) - User creates an eruption below an enemy or group of enemies that burns them for 3 posts. Will always hit it's target if the user's Accuracy is > 9. [140-230 Damage, 250 Mana, 2 Post Cooldown]

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

• Level 3
      HP: 1000 | Mana: 1010 | Stamina: 50 | Accuracy: 5.1
      Attack: 53% | Defense: 54% | Speed: 50%
      Health: 50% | Magic: 51% | Stamina: 50% | Accuracy: 51%​

- Poison Needles (Plant Multi) - User fires flurry of low damaging needles that causes targets to be stunned for 1 turn. [15-25 Damage, 200 Mana, 1 Post Cooldown]

- Spore Bombs (Plant Blast) - User fires 3 small bombs that deal moderate damage and heals the user for each on that hits. [30-45 Damage, +8-12 HP, 230 Mana, 2 Post Cooldown]

- Vine Grab (Plant Transport) - User throws out a vine that grabs enemies and heals the user. Can be used to grab allies out of the way, and will always hit it's target if the user's Accuracy is => 7. [15-20 Damage, +130-160 HP, 400 Mana, 3 Post Cooldown]

- Poisonous Bombs (Plant Ultimate) - User jumps into the air and throws 3 poisonous bombs at enemies, stunning them for 3 turns, dealing poison damage. [150-200 Damage, 1000 Mana, 6 Post Cooldown]

• Stand Firm - Grants 5 Defense against an enemy with higher stats than your party.

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

• Cell Key 57 - Story Item

• Level 3
      HP: 1000 | Mana: 1050 | Stamina: 50 | Accuracy: 5.4
      Health: 50% | Magic: 55% | Stamina: 50% | Accuracy: 54%​

- Aqua Stream (Water Multi) - User fires a barrage of water bullets at enemies. [15-25 Damage, 200 Mana, 1 Post Cooldown]

- Water Tornado (Water AOE) - User stomps the ground to generate a liquid tornado that sucks in enemies, dealing damage 5 times. [15-20 Damage, 300 Mana, 2 Post Cooldown]

• Sleight of Magic - Lower magic cooldown of all attacks by 1, including Ultimates.

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  6. CrownMoksha Decimo

The crack of wind was a clear answer to his own question. He wasn't sure what kind of luck had them face someone a much higher level than them right after they had gotten through with the tutorial fight, but it couldn't have been good. "I'd be careful back there." Evie had hidden behind him once more and he'd rather not her get injured due to an attack knocking him back. Turning the pages of his spellbook, Gale unleashed a combination of fire and wind towards Hector.

Gale cast Great Tornado and Blaze Column

7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]

"You are going to get yourself killed if you keep trying to be the hero all the time kid. Surprisingly I can actually take care of myself." Raelyn rolled her eyes. She was really tired of this Hero BullShit that Rex kept trying to pull. What sort of sorry life did he have that made him so desperate to be the hero of the story and put himself in danger like that. She was fine on her own and it wasn't that she had anything to prove as much as she didn't like feeling like she was in debt to anyone. She then turned her gaze to Hector. "Well I guess I did say that I wanted to get into a fight didn't I? This should be a fun little pummeling won't it?" Raelyn smiled a little bit as she cracked her knuckles.

Launching forward she sent a water blast at Hector before striking him with her fist. It might not be the most effective attack, but damn did it feel good to do that. It was a good release of energy, even if she hadn't originally wanted to fight this guy. The fighting was inevitable, so she may as well have fun with it anyways.

Raelyn used Water Blast and Striking

8. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Evie walked out from behind Gale's back before Hector had spoken. She was trying to remain calm until he opened his mouth. "No can do sweetheart.You made the choice when you pulled the vines from under me. So....~" Evie tilted her head down as the others began to strike. The sounds of battle had faded in the distance as Evie stood there with her head down. Her shoulders then began to shake just a bit. She gripped her spellbook tightly as the other hand began to form a fist. Her blood began to boil. An expression of anger then ran through her face. "Sweet....heart?.......n't....dare....." She quietly spoke before immediately lifting her head to show her expression of anger. "DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME SWEETHEART!!" Evie shouted as loud as she could. she opened up her spellbook and several thorns emerged from the ground, emitting a purple glow. "NOT NOW NOT EVER!!!" Evie sent the poison needles rapidly towards her opponent before preparing herself to avoid any incoming attacks.

Evie used Poison Needles and prepared to dodge!

9. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Inna wasn't surprised by the turn of events, but he didn't bother commenting. Instead, he watched his teammates a moment before he saw Evie snap. She ended up attacking and getting ready to dodge. "Evie! What happened?" he called out, concerned. "I mean, taking your agression out on him is great, but please be careful." he finished, turning to the boy. Holding his spellbook close, he held his other hand out to shook water. He then put the book away and stood near Evie and Gale.

Inna used Aqua Stream and prepared to dodge.

10. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Rex used Blaze Column! Hector was caught!
    Hit for 153 damage!
    Hector is now burning!

Gale used Blaze Column!
    Hit for 156 damage!
    Hector is now burning!

Evie prepared to dodge!

Inna prepared to dodge!

Hector prepared to dodge!

Rex used Fire Bullets on Hector! Dodging failed!
    Hit for 19 damage!
    Hit for 19 damage!
    Hit for 19 damage!
    Hit for 19 damage!
    Hit for 19 damage!
    Dealt damage (5) times!

Gale used Wind Tornadoes on Hector! Hector dodges the attack!

Raelyn used Water Beam on Hector! Hector dodges the attack!
    Raelyn strikes Hector!
    Hit for 50 damage!
    Hector is stunned!

Evie used Poison Needles on Hector!
    Hit for 17 damage!
    Hit for 17 damage!
    Hit for 17 damage!
    Hit for 17 damage!
    Dealt damage (4) times!

Inna used Aqua Stream on Hector! Miss!

- - -

• Level 22
      HP: 258 | Mana: 1200 | Stamina: 35 | Accuracy: 6
      Burning for 2 turns / Stunned for 1 turn

• Level 3
      HP: 1030 | Mana: 630 | Stamina: 50 | Accuracy: 5

- Fire Bullets (Fire Multi) - User fires a barrage of flames the burn enemies for 2 turns. [12-25 Damage, 120 Mana, 1 Post Cooldown]

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

• Level 3
      HP: 1000 | Mana: 800 | Stamina: 45 | Accuracy: 5

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

• Level 3
      HP: 1020 | Mana: 800 | Stamina: 52 | Accuracy: 5.1

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

• Level 3
      HP: 1020 | Mana: 440 | Stamina: 50 | Accuracy: 5.2

- Wind Tornadoes (Wind Multi) - User fires a barrage of tornadoes that flinches foes and negates oncoming Fire attacks. [120-150 Damage, 320 Mana, 2 Post Cooldown]

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

• Level 3
      HP: 1000 | Mana: 850 | Stamina: 50 | Accuracy: 5.4

• Sleight of Magic - Lower magic cooldown of all attacks by 1, including Ultimates.

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

11. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]

"For all those threats, you aren't trying very hard. Disappointing really. I was hoping I would get a little bit of a challenge. Oh well I guess I will deal with what I got." Raelyn mused as she rotated her neck, cracking it again. For as much as she hadn't wanted to go through all of this, now that she was here, the fight felt good, she really was spoiling for one earlier and it was rather nice being able to take her anger out on someone who deserved it. While her knuckles stung a little bit from the last time she punched him, she was savoring the pain, enough so that she decided to do it again, throwing a punch at the guy before backing up slightly, just enough that her Aqua Stream had enough space to become effective. She almost hoped that she would piss him off enough that he would fight back, it would be more interesting than this.

Raelyn used Aqua Stream, and Strike

12. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

(Will Edit in post later)Evie used Aqua Stream and Strike

13. CrownMoksha Decimo

Gale was pretty thrown off by the sudden mood change Evie had taken given that she was just hiding behind him only moments ago. He may not have thought it was all that needed, but he still made a note of what word had set her off to avoid saying it by mistake. Readying his next attack, Gale heard Raelyn's remark and thought about it. This was going way to easy for someone who was doing all that bragging and it didn't feel right with him. He then fired a Great Fire Blast towards Hector while staying back in case he tried anything.

Gale used Great Fire Blast and prepared to dodge

14. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Inna was glad he dodged this attack, but he was frustrated his own attack missed. "Fine then, try this on for size!" he called out, aiming his hand high to gather water and then pointing his palm at the boy. He shot a beam of water at the boy, before he readied himself to dodge.

Inna used WATER BEAM and prepared to DODGE.

15. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Hector is burning!
    Hit for 25 damage!

Hector is no longer stunned!

Hector used Wind Ascend! Raelyn, Inna, Rex, Evie, and Gale were caught!
    Hit for 145 damage!

Raelyn flinched!
    Inna flinched!
    Rex flinched!
    Evie flinched!
    Gale flinched!

Hector used Nature's Blessing! His health began to rise!
    Healed for 75 HP! 308/1110 HP!

Healed for 75 HP! 383/1110 HP!
    Healed for 75 HP! 458/1110 HP!

- - -

• Level 22
      HP: 458 | Mana: 1200 | Stamina: 40 | Accuracy: 6
      Burning for 1 turn / Healing for 3 turns

• Level 3
      HP: 885 | Mana: 730 | Stamina: 50 | Accuracy: 5

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

• Level 3
      HP: 855 | Mana: 900 | Stamina: 50 | Accuracy: 5

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

• Level 3
      HP: 875 | Mana: 900 | Stamina: 52 | Accuracy: 5.1

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

• Level 3
      HP: 875 | Mana: 540 | Stamina: 50 | Accuracy: 5.2

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

• Level 3
      HP: 855 | Mana: 950 | Stamina: 50 | Accuracy: 5.4

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

16. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

"Playing hard to get huh?" Inna said, recovering from his flinch. He thought about what he could possibly due to injure Hector, but as it was, he was healing and they were honestly screwed. Unless somebody could poison him, they were going to have a hard time taking this kid down. It also didn't help that they just didn't have the damage to deal with this kid. "We gotta bring our A-game everyone, we can't just dilly-dally and think we'll take him down easily. Give it your all and we'll be able to take him down!" he called out, slamming the palm of his hand on the ground. A tornado appeared made entirely of water, heading straight for Hector. Inna kept his eyes on the boy, watching him so he could try and dodge his next attack.

Inna used WATER TORNADO and prepared to DODGE.

17. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]

She didn't mean to flinch, but it happened so fast, and then the world moved on as she watched Hector gain health back. Oh now she was pissed off and actually wanted to pick a fight. He was not going to get away with that so simply, so Raelyn rallied her magic once more, this time going a bit over the top. Following after Inna's lead there was another tornado of water that rose up under Hector, not giving him a moment to breath until it subsided just enough for Raelyn to jump in and punch him once more. "If we are bring our A-game, then I suggest you do more than get ready to protect your face." Raelyn suggested over her shoulder to Inna, not bothering with defensive measures, instead going right in for the strike.

Raelyn used Water Tornado and Strike.

18. CrownMoksha Decimo

Even with the caution that Gale was starting to exhibit, it wasn't enough to keep him from flinching. On top of that Hector had started to heal himself. "Easier said than done." Muttering to himself, he glances at his spellbook. He would've loved to bring his A game, but for what his a game consistent of his mana was still low for what he wanted to do, not to mention that both of the spells was still on cooldown. It was a relief to see the one he had intended to use originally was still useable. With an outstretched hand, Gale tried once again to fire off a Great Fireblast at Hector.

Gale used Great Fireblast and prepared to dodge

19. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Evie couldn't move once Hector had launched his attack. She felt herself get knocked back a bit. She shook her head before looking for him. Evie saw him begin to heal himself. "Oh no you don't!" She dropped her hands to the ground and opened her spell book. Splints of wood rose from the ground once more, covering themselves in a purple hue. "Go!" With one motion of her hand, she sent the needles flying. Evie stood up and got herself ready to attack.

Evie used Poison Needles and got ready to strike!

20. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Hector is no longer burning!

Hector's health began to rise!
    Healed for 75 HP! 533/1110 HP!
    Healed for 75 HP! 608/1110 HP!
    Healed for 75 HP! 683/1110 HP!

Hector
    used Wind Tornadoes on Raelyn!
    Hit for 145 damage!
    Hit for 145 damage!
    Hit for 145 damage!

Raelyn flinched!

Rex guarded!

Inna prepared to dodge!
    Inna used Water Tornado on Hector! Miss!

Gale prepared to dodge!
    Gale used Great Fire Blast on Hector! Miss!

Evie used Poison Needles on Hector!
    Hit for 16 damage!
    Hit for 16 damage!
    Hit for 16 damage!
    Hit for 16 damage!

Evie
    strikes Hector! Miss!
    - - -

• Level 22
      HP: 619 | Mana: 280 | Stamina: 40 | Accuracy: 6
      Healing for 2 turns

• Level 3
      HP: 885 | Mana: 730 | Stamina: 50 | Accuracy: 5

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

• Level 3
      HP: 450 | Mana: 900 | Stamina: 50 | Accuracy: 5

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

• Level 1̶̶͘̕0҉̷͢͟
      HP: 875 | Mana: 700 | Stamina: 52 | Accuracy: 5.1
      Attack: 5̴̀͟͞9̴̡͏% | Defense: 50% | Speed: 50%

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

• Level 3
      HP: 875 | Mana: 340 | Stamina: 50 | Accuracy: 5.2

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

• Level 3
      HP: 855 | Mana: 750 | Stamina: 50 | Accuracy: 5.4

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!