Original Paradigm Shift

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by mindstorm787, Jun 26, 2018.

1. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Jaz listened to everyone's weird justifications for sparing the golem. She took extra time to process what the others were saying just to make sure there wasn't a point she heard and would regret neglecting later. Eventually, the white haired girl felt confident in her choices and took a step towards the golem and looked down at it and immediately struck it without saying a word. The glitching stopped as the golem burst. Dust floated around her a brief moment as she looked down at the golem a bit before she fixed her hair and spoke straight out, "It was already down. If the creator has a vendetta, it'd come after us anyway. Perhaps it'd make us a priority, but if it means it'll surface... so be it." Jaz rubbed her hands a bit and turned towards the group, "We don't even know if the creator is actually still around. There's already been enough apparent malfunctions going on so I feel no inclination to not think this wasn't just some video game glitch where they think we have a warrant or something. But if any of you don't like it, and if the creator decides to come for us, I'll take full responsibility for ya." Jaz took a deep breath and placed her hands together in almost a praying motion as she closed her eyes a minute. Then she took another deep breath and folded her hands in front of her, "I don't know about you all, but I'm gonna find a way out of here to try and find those memory crystals. Because at this rate, that's what I'm interested in. Which is a damn shame, an open world game in a full virtual reality experience and my main reward is figuring out how to fix my amnesia." she crossed her arms and began walking away from the rest of the group, "Maybe find an AI that can actually help in this situation."

2. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

"She continues to impress me." Inna stated to himself. Although Jazz did have some valid points in the end. Sparing the Golem was probably not a good idea, but Inna wasn't gonna risk the danger himself. He watched Jazz a moment and noticed her do a small prayer. Which was odd, but hey, whatever made her happy, right? Not wasting time, Inna ended up following after Jazz and walking alongside her. "Alright, so, that was....probably better than letting it go, right? I mean, sparing it was good, but, I totally get where you're coming from. Sparing it won't do much for it later anyway...since the creator already knows I bet. Just like you said." He made small talk, his hands still in his jacket pockets. He continued to walk and ended up kicking some rocks away. "I'm gonna ask this now before I forget. What's the prayer for? I'm not too religious myself, so I don't get it....oh if you don't wanna talk about it, forget I asked."

He realized maybe he was talking too much. After all, he had that effect and ended up pushing people away in doing so. Clearing his throat, he looked around at the scenery. The greenery was overwhelming and Inna already wanted to cut it away from him. He walked with Jazz, staying silent for a bit. "I'm kind of scared of finding those memory crystals...I mean, what if we get overloaded and end up worse? But...it won't hurt, so I guess I'm being too cautious, huh?" He scratched his head.

3. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Rex Valin | Location: Unknown | Time: Unknown
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Track: Rust Maid - Homestuck OST

"I don't know about you all, but I'm gonna find a way out ofhere to try and find those memory crystals. Because at this rate, that's what I'm interested in. Which is a damn shame, an open world game in a full virtual reality experience and my main reward is figuring out how to fix my amnesia. Maybe find an AI that can actually help in this situation." Stated Jaz, after she finished off the Golem. Rex said no words to this. However...

Uncle Dot's eyes became narrowed as he became a shade of red. It would've been funny, given the correct situation. "I beg your pardon, young lady!" He then swerved at her, inches from her face. "I am doing everything I CAN just to try and accommodate for the current situation, and you're not the only one stressed at enemies suddenly barging in! Nor is it MY fault that MY creator gave me limited databanks to go off of, and splitting the rest of the information and tasks among the other two! I only fulfill the task of greeting and guiding new players as a neutral party! And it doesn't help that...." Dot's voice almost began to sped up comically, as if trying to cram a lot of information into 2 minutes. Unfortunately, it made him sound like a tape on fast forward, only making it worse. Rex shook his head, standing and walking between the two. "Ok, enough." He grunted, standing between Jaz and Dot. "Jaz, you're really not helping by antagonizing someone who's programmed to help, as based on our current situation, is trying to help with what limited info he has. Let's just stick with what we have." He rounded on Dot. "Dot, we appreciate the reasons, but getting mad over a small jab is a waste of time and energy."

Dot made a sound like blowing on a mic, almost like a huff, returning to his normal shade of turquoise. "...Agreed." The AI replied sullenly.
    Rex promptly walked to the center of the group. "I also think we should stick together for a while. At least until we all at least get our bearings. Because these guys..." He kicked the hand of the fallen Golem. "...Could had more potential to kill us were we careless enough. Not to mention, it would be much easier to cover more ground, and get our memories back. Newbies get picked off much more easily, especially alone."

He turned back to Dot. "Uncle Dot, do you have the ability to detect Memory Crystals, or at least a last known location of one?"
    He tilted his head before slowly nodding. "While I have no exact location, I can act as a proximity detector if we're nearby one. The good news is that most of the drop rates occur in the Middle Territory."
    Rex took out his spellbook, looking for it on the map. "Welp, I suppose we could start with the surrounding area."
    "I am actually picking up two nearby signatures, both faint, outside."
    Rex smiled. "Finally, some good news. Lead on."
    The AI swerved and flew out the wall into the pale-lit night, crickets chirping and a fresh breeze blowing in. Looks like breaking seemed never easier.

.: VICTORY!!! :.

• Gained 45/45 EXP
      LEVEL UP!
      Gained 90/90 EXP
      LEVEL UP!
      Gained 180/180 EXP
      LEVEL UP!
      Gained 270/360 EXP

Total EXP gained: 585 EXP
      Gained 9 Stat Points
      Gained 80 Shard Grist, 45 Fire Grist, and 20 Earth Grist
      Gained +10 Karma

• Gained 45/45 EXP
      LEVEL UP!
      Gained 90/90 EXP
      LEVEL UP!
      Gained 180/180 EXP
      LEVEL UP!
      Gained 285/360 EXP

First Blood: +10 Grist, +15 EXP

Total EXP gained: 600 EXP
      Gained 9 Stat Points
      Gained 90 Shard Grist, 55 Water Grist, and 30 Earth Grist
      Gained -10 Karma

• Gained 45/45 EXP
      LEVEL UP!
      Gained 90/90 EXP
      LEVEL UP!
      Gained 180/180 EXP
      LEVEL UP!
      Gained 290/360 EXP

1 Down: +5 Grist, +5 EXP
      Envior-Kill: +10 Grist, +15 EXP

Total EXP gained: 605 EXP
      Gained 9 Stat Points
      Gained 95 Shard Grist, 60 Fire Grist, and 35 Earth Grist
      Gained +10 Karma

• Gained 45/45 EXP
      LEVEL UP!
      Gained 90/90 EXP
      LEVEL UP!
      Gained 180/180 EXP
      LEVEL UP!
      Gained 270/360 EXP

Gained 9 Stat Points
      Gained 80 Shard Grist, 45 Water Grist, and 20 Earth Grist
      Gained +10 Karma

• Gained 45/45 EXP
      LEVEL UP!
      Gained 90/90 EXP
      LEVEL UP!
      Gained 180/180 EXP
      LEVEL UP!
      Gained 285/360 EXP

1 Down: +5 Grist, +5 EXP
      Ultimate Survivor: +5 Grist, +10 EXP

Total EXP gained: 600 EXP
      Gained 9 Stat Points
      Gained 90 Shard Grist, 55 Water Grist, and 30 Earth Grist
      Gained +10 Karma

• Gained 45/45 EXP
      LEVEL UP!
      Gained 90/90 EXP
      LEVEL UP!
      Gained 180/180 EXP
      LEVEL UP!
      Gained 270/360 EXP

Gained 9 Stat Points
      Gained 80 Shard Grist, 45 Water Grist, and 20 Earth Grist
      Gained -15 Karma

- - -

- Objectives -
    • Ask Dot all the questions you may have. While he's as much in the dark about about your current situation, he does seem to know the locale, and seems eager to help. It could make him an ally.
    • Find the 2 Memory Crystals Dot spoke of. It's somewhere in the woods around the prison you were holed up in (8 posts remaining).
    • Get a bearing on where you are, and find the nearest town. Dot stated you're in the Middle Territory. So what could he mean..?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  4. CrownMoksha Decimo

The majority of them may have chosen to spare the golem, the final decision was made when Jaz had gone up and finished it. While not the desired results she did have a point and Gale was willing to leave it at that and get a move on, despite the brief freak out that Uncle Dot had had in response. He didn't pay much mind to Dot's freakout, though he did chuckle seeing the robot turn a bright shade of red, instead he was more thinking about the memory shards. It would be nice to actually have their memories back and not just know that they were currently in a video game. Trailing behind the other, he heard that there actually were two memory shards nearby. "Is there anything else you can tell us about this Middle Territory?" Gale had asked upon stepping outside.

5. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Rex Valin | Location: Unknown | Time: Night
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Track: Peridot - Steven Universe OST

"Is there anything else you can tell us about this Middle Territory?" Gale had asked upon stepping outside.
    "Actually, a better question would be to explain the actual world itself." Rex interjected, following him, accompanied by Evie. "Assuming that the Middle Territory is part of the lay of the land."
    Uncle Dot nodded, and his eyes glowed to present a hologram of the blown-up map in the spellbooks. "The world of Paragon is split into 5 definitive slabs of territory, not including the Outer Slabs, which are unmarked frontiers." Dot explained. "The Middle Territory, where we are, is also called the Great Expanse. It's the biggest of the territories, and considered neutral ground." The hologram blows deeper, leveling out. In the middle, a moderately sized desert is bordered by 3 mountain towns and overlooking mountains. "There is about nearly 25-30% of the world's population living in the Middle Territory, most of which are the players. So you may encounter them. The Great Expanse is also a large amalgamation of cultures, religions, and above all, elements, magics, and arts."

"And where are we?"
    Dot turns around and scans the outcrop of the walls of the prison. from the outside, the building is partly buried, and rounded at the edges. It must be bigger underground.
    "You're at the old Seven Heights Penitentiary. It was abandoned not more than a year ago for unknown reasons. Odd that you would spawn here. As for triangulation," He turned around, scanning the trees, "We are near the town of Moira, close to Paragon's Ring. About a day's walk, I'd say."
    "A day?" Rex echoed "So there are no modern day vehicles?"
    Dot tilted his head to him. "Not much of a need." He responded. "Most elements utilize a form of transport in some way. Your fireballs could suffice." He looked between Rex and Gale.
    "How is the better question, bowling ball." Rex muttered sarcastically.
    "I've seen some users ride it like one would ride a real-life skateboard."
    Rex gawked. "That's a thing?" He asked. Dot only nodded. Rex sighed. "Let's just find the Memory Crystals. Sensing anything?"
    "Not yet."

(7 Posts Remaining)

6. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]

Well at least one person was on the same line of thoughts as she did and took the actions Raelyn couldn't without worrying about other people judging her too harshly for her choice. She was thankful that it was over and dealt with though and it was not on her own head, her hands were clean still and could walk away fine. Though the AI didn't take well to what the other girl had done. It was almost entertaining to watch Dot freak out, followed by Rex trying to deal with things. It was fun just watching it all explode from the background for a while. Eventually they would get things dealt with in the end.

Slowly the conversation turned to more useful information. There was talk about where they were and what the place they spawned in was. On top of that there was also information on where the nearest town was. That was what they really needed to know, but it did make her wonder why they were there and who else was there.
    "Well by the markings around we aren't alone here, so we either should go look into that or get out of this place as fast as possible, either way it is better then sticking around this place any longer than we have to. Maybe if leave we can find those crystals with our memories or whatever. I would love to know who I am, I don't know about you." Raelyn pointed out.

7. CrownMoksha Decimo

Gale hadn't been expecting his simple question to turn into geography lesson, but regardless he had listen in. It was informative, to say the least but the fact that they could use their elements as transportation. "Can any of us ride a fireball or just us." Gale motioned to himself an Rex. Dot may have said that each element could suffice for transportation and disregard that he couldn't ride a skateboard, not that he could remember anyway. if someone couldn't use their magic for whatever reason, knowing this would be helpful, to say the least.

During this Evie had made her way back over to him, muttering something about not being fond of the dark. Understandable and Gale didn't mind it. Much like Raelyn had said, he too wanted to know who he was as well. Going on the off chance that these shards were something that he could find just lying about around a tree, Gale had gone there and started to look there first. If he was lucky, by the time Dot had got over to where he was it might've picked up the signal to a memory shard being nearby.

8. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Evie walked along with the group as they were heading underground. Evie wasn't the fondest of dark places. She still felt a little uncomfortable after the whole thing after defeating the golems. She moved away from Rex and headed over to Gale. He seemed reliable. He had this air around him. He felt like an older brother to her. She went behind him and spoke. "I apologize about this. I'm not good with dark places." Gale didn't seem to have a problem with it. She stayed behind Gale as they started to look for the memory crystals. She tried to keep her eyes peeled for the crystals. Evie tried to take deep breaths to calm herself. She tried to keep her mind off it and stay focused on the task at hand. "I hope we find these crystals soon. I wanna get back above ground pronto." Evie sighed while looking around.

9. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Jasmine was a bit confused by Inna's question when they specifically asked about some sort of prayer? Jaz was about to answer the question but was interrupted by Dot seeming to take her comment a little bit more to heart than she expected. She stood straight faced watching this happen before Rex seemed to jump in trying to break up a fight that wasn't happening. The girl sighed and moved her hair a bit when she silently listened to whatever basic questions they decided to ask. She thought the AI said he was in charge of players, NPCs, and the like. And not in game objects. So she assumed that meant his only ability to help was at basic bitch tutorial stuff specifically relating to a friends list or something. But apparently he was some goddamn map too and could explain other functions too. He was explaining mounts and specific locals that didn't really make sense to her. What the hell was this AI's purpose? Was he a full blown tutorial bot? Was he actually a more complicated AI and they are in the midst of being played? Or were it's abilities arbitrary for the sake of some greater cause. She didn't know, she quite frankly didn't care unless it brought her closer to those memory shards. A part of her was expecting if this was a fluke in the system that most players had, that these memory crystals were probably some heavily sought after item akin to... Jaz could not remember the specific game, if she could remember the game at all.

The girl let out a very long sigh of distress of some kind before finally responding in Inna's direction,
    "I was breathing in and closing my eyes and I just do that with my hands. There's nothing to really explain there." She walked a bit of a way's forward before asking Dot, "So what exactly is your designation. Are you like... some sort of... mascot type thing that pops up in the corner for tutorials?" she paused in the corner and asked further, "Do other players have their own AI following them around too? Do they all start off suspiciously in teams of 6?"

10. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Dot's assault of words was lost of Inna, since he didn't see anything wrong with Jaz's actions or comments. Sure Dot was offended, but he wasn't a real person, so why would he get so bent out of shape? Either way, Inna kind of zoned out Dot before Rex pushed forward. That made Inna groan audibly while rolling his eyes. So far, Dot was doing a lot more than being a Tutorial bot, so Inna was curious on that department. Then again, Dot was acting a lot more like something that wasn't an AI by this point, but he didn't want to point this out. He glanced to Jaz who looked about as impressed with this as being impressed by a wet paper bag. But now that he thought about it, the Memory Crystals would probably help him in the long run since, well, he couldn't figure out why he was freaking out about his body so much. He didn't feel weird, he thought, so why was he freaking out whenever certain topics were brought up?

Jaz explained she wasn't really praying, so Inna sighed in relief. For whatever reason, he felt happier now, but he shook off the odd feeling he was getting. Not wanting to follow behind, he caught up with the others and glanced around him. So far, there were two that were staying close to each other, a girl who had some awesomely braided hair, and then there was Rex.

Inna scratched his head and looked at Dot. "You didn't answer me earlier when I asked if we chose our bodies or if they were chosen for us." he pointed out. He still wasn't quite sure why he HAD to know, but he wanted to just get this over with now. "And I've gotta admit that I'm with Jaz on wondering if you're unique to us or a feature for every other player.....and the 6 person thing."

11. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Rex Valin | Location: Seven Heights Penitentiary | Time: Night
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well by the markings around we aren't alone here, so we either should go look into that or get out of this place as fast as possible, either way it is better then sticking around this place any longer than we have to. Maybe if leave we can find those crystals with our memories or whatever. I would love to know who I am, I don't know about you." Raelyn spoke up. Dot pulled an exasperated glance her way. "And I've told you time and again I'm doing the best I can here! I'm a game construct, not a miracle worker." Dot replied, weary.
    "So what exactly is your designation. Are you like... some sort of... mascot type thing that pops up in the corner for tutorials?" Jaz inquired. "Do other players have their own AI following them around too? Do they all start off suspiciously in teams of 6?"
    "You didn't answer me earlier when I asked if we chose our bodies or if they were chosen for us." Inna pointed out. "And I've gotta admit that I'm with Jaz on wondering if you're unique to us or a feature for every other player.....and the 6 person thing."
    "No, their are only 3 of us AI, including myself." Dot replied to Jaz and Inna. "My purpose is to assist all players as a neutral convention. My tasks include helping new players adjust, explaining lore, tasks, helping with objectives, and the like. However, I am unique in where I'm required by protocol to answer every player in the game. Luckily, none have put in any requests." He pulls a sort of authoritarian look. "Which reminds me. After the 2 memory crystals are found, I'm going to need to file a report, and won't be able to be contacted for a while." He turned back to Jaz and Inna. "I am not some mascot that appears on the side screen, based on my behavior in the prison. As for choosing bodies, no. These are your own corporeal forms that you've possessed since entering, digitized by the headsets you wore."

"So, in a nutshell, before we entered, our bodies scanned us from head to toe or utilized some sort of image of us, wiped our memories, and spawned us, just in the wake of a catastrophe from outside that locked us in?" Rex asked, looking slightly jealous as Evie was looking really cozy with Gale.
    "That is correct."
    Rex turned his attention fully to Dot. "And you're an AI, supposedly years ahead of its time along with 2 others made to maintain functions in the game; yours cooperating and assisting the player base?"
    "Full marks for being on point, Master Rex." Dot replied with a digital smile. "I'm sure you have plenty of marks in assessing stressful situations."
    "And I'm also gonna assume that us spawning all together was an odd intricacy of the game?"
    Dot pulled a look that was a cross between a grimace and dismay. "Actually no, it's common for players to spawn in groups, especially during the wake of the catastrophe, namely because so many people logged in at the same time on Opening Day. And oftentimes, they...how do I put this? Tend to be trigger happy."
    Rex gritted his teeth, rolling his eyes. "Oh joy. I anticipated this was a fighting game, but then again.." Suddenly, a thought came to him. "I just realized; somehow I can understand most, if not all of your occasional techno-babble, Dot. How come?"

Dot stopped at this, almost as if processing. Then, "I'm not entirely sure. It may be that you already possessed this knowledge when you entered the game. Safe Mode erases memories, not latent abilities."
    This was surprising. While the explanation still didn't make much sense, it was a start, at least. "So...this statement is false?" Rex asked with an odd smirk.
    Dot pulled an expressionless look. "Ha, ha. Truly comical, Master Rex, but us AI have adapted for paradoxes."
    "Had to try."

(2 posts Remaining)

12. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    "Hm... I know you said after you leave it'd be a while before we can call you back, but let's say a while has passed: how would we page you again?"
    Jaz kind of reacted a little disappointed at the fact that they just... looked like themselves. Where was the fun in that? A part of her hoped there was some form of cosmetic shop later then so she could change it up. A part of her was trying to look for a word that she couldn't remember and she gave up that point knowing forcing herself to think and remember would be a useless endeavor, "What are the terms of service? I can't remember them and I wanna read the terms and conditions I apparently agreed to in order for you guys to keep me here without being able to log out."

13. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

"We...We look like...ourselves?" Inna said, clearly looking uncomfortable. "I don't...I...Jaz." he said, looking at her, clearly terrified. "Jaz, please, wait." he reached for her arm and grabbed it before letting go. "S...Sorry I just...I feel like doom is upon us all of a sudden...I don't know why." He tried to calm himself down but clearly it wasn't working. "Panic...attack? That word comes to mind I... I think I"m having one..maybe I...." he suddenly stopped talking, covering his mouth. In his head he was saying sorry, but the words were not coming out. He wanted to apologize for talking so much just now to somebody he just met. He didn't want them to think he was so weird. He just wanted the world to stop being against him right now.

"...Terms...and conditions, yes...let's...let's read those." he said, trying to steer this away from what transpired. "And I wanna know when we find a memory crystal, aren't we near one yet?"

14. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]

"Ah, see now you are talking. Trigger happy, fights? That sounds like some good fun. Standing around here isn't great, but if we find some trigger happy people that need dealt with, I would be happy to oblige, and if we manage to get some of those memory shard things on the way too, then it would be great!" The lack of memories was a pain and just trying to figure out what to do and asking a useless bot questions was boring Raelyn. She preferred to figure things out on her own as they went, though most of the other people here seemed to be a bit of a stick in the mud just wanting to clear things up. If they were here and had no memories of before, what was the big deal? They could worry about that when they knew more about what they were forgetting, but for now she wasn't fond of wasting time.

Turning back to the group she looked for someone that seemed somewhat exciting, not seeing anyone she let out a long drawn out sigh.
    "Please don't tell me that you guys are going to be this boring the entire time. I think the system set me up with the wrong people." Surely there had to be more interesting people in this world than the ones she was forced to start the game with.

15. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

"Hm... I know you said after you leave it'd be a while before we can call you back, but let's say a while has passed: how would we page you again?" Jaz asked Dot.
    "There is a page within your spellbooks labeled 'Uncle Dot'." The AI assured. Swipe it in any direction with two fingers, and I will return. Very simple way to call me-"
    Dot stopped when Inna began his panic attack. "No no no! It's quite alright! While your body may have been digitized as so, you can still modify it with a change of hair color or body art." That partially seemed to calm Inna down. Then,
    "What are the terms of service? I can't remember them and I wanna read the terms and conditions I apparently agreed to in order for you guys to keep me here without being able to log out."
    "...Terms...and conditions, yes...let's...let's read those." Inna said, trying to steer away from what transpired. "And I wanna know when we find a memory crystal, aren't we near one yet?"

Dot nodded and tried to pull it up via his holographic eyes. Suddenly he raised an eyebrow in surprise. "What? Access denied? By whom?" He asked to know one in particular. He seemed to be interfacing. "The host?" He asked, incredulous. "Absurd! How could-?" He sighed, closing the interface. "Apparently, I can't fetch it. Access is blocked on my end."
    "That doesn't sound suspicious at all." Rex muttered.
    "I suppose you'll know when you all receive your memories back." Dot recomposed. "After all, you all did sign the agreement simply to play."
    "Please don't tell me that you guys are going to be this boring the entire time. I think the system set me up with the wrong people." Raelyn complained, causing Rex to groan. He looked her way. Sure, she was pretty beautiful, but Rex never was really interested in women who screamed for attention. It actually bothered him.
    "Get over it, woman." He grunted. "Unless you want to be owned by a rival group, I suggest you should stay with us until we actually do figure out what game are we playing. Sure, some of us may not be as inclined to remember the lives they wanted, but some of us actually do."
    He turned and went to look in the woods. His face however, turned to surprise as he spotted a glint of a slight red light.

"THERE!" He exclaimed, taking off after it. As he reached it, his satisfaction grew as he confirmed it; it was a Memory Crystal. He picked it up to examine it. Yep. No mistaking it. He squeezed it a bit, only to remember his own words. Did he want to remember his old life? Did he sign up, hoping to leave it all behind? He sighed, loosing his hold as he walked back to the group.
    He held up the crystal for the others to see. "1 out of 6 found." He stated looking around. "Alright. I'll be straight with all of you. I'm not sure if I actually care about my past life. For all I know, it was beyond crappy and I was better off losing whatever memories I had. But deep down, I feel like knowing is gonna help me with whatever insecurities I may have." He flipped the crystal. "Unfortunately there is no 'I' in team. And my mind and heart's telling me to be the better person here, and give it to someone else. For all we know, dying is a literal 'game over' in here. No extra lives. We stick together until we all can handle it. So." He became silent, thinking who he was gonna give it to.

16. CrownMoksha Decimo

Having been given no answer to his question, Gale was left to assume that it was possible for them to use each others element as a form of transportation. He didn't have much of a response to Raelyn's remark about them being boring and instead managed to force out a chuckle. An awkward one, but a chuckle regardless of how one chose to look at it. Lasting no more than a few seconds, it had ended and it was back to keeping an eye out for those memory shards.

After a bit of more walking and questions, the first memory shard had been found. "Why not give it to Raelyn." Gale suggested. She had been one of the more vocal ones who wanted their memories back and while he was still curious about his own past, the lack of urgency on his part made it feel wrong to take this chance from someone else right off the bat.

17. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Evie kept walking alongside Gale as they continued their trek deep into the woods. She listened to Dot occasionally as she tried to keep her mind off the underground. She had then heard Raelyn and Rex speaking up. By their tone of voice, things were not looking okay. Evie walked away from Gale and immediatelygets in between Rex and Raelyn. "H-hey...Let's all calm down for a moment. We won' be able to get anywhere if we're going to start complaining or bickering now. It won't do any of us any good." Evie tried to keep a smile on her face as she tried to talk to the two. She took a deep breath before walking again. As she was walking, she was starting to relax a little more before she heard a voice ring out. "THERE!" "Ahh!!" Evie jumped a little before running behind a tree. She peeked out from behind, only to see Rex holding a Memory Crystal. She walked out from behind the tree and back toward the group. Rex had then decided to give the Memory Crystal over to someone else. As much as Evie wanted her memory back, she was a little scared. She felt as if she wasn't ready to uncover her lost memory yet. Gale had then suggested that Raelyn receive the crystal. She stood there looking at each person in the group, remaining silent.

18. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

"Why not give it to Raelyn." Gale suggested, causing Rex to look to him, then to Raelyn. He 'hmph'd' unimpressed, mulling it over. Raelyn sort of put him off almost immediately when they met (Although it was partially his fault for waking her the way he did) and the fact that she seemed to enjoy attention made him dislike her less. This also included her wanting to destroy the Golem from earlier, and while she wasn't the one who dealt the finishing blow, she did vote toward destroying it. Finally, her earlier quip about doing something 'exciting' was going to make her the weak link for more planned situations, assuming she had the patience to think things through.

She would be good for a fight, though. She was the first to throw down an attack against the Golems. So who knows? Maybe she'd make a valuable ally. Rex shrugged, and tossed the Shard to Raelyn, who caught it deftly. He spoke. "Sorry for waking you up the way I did earlier, my fault on my end." He said, a slight smirk creasing his face. "After we find the next Shard, we'll go knock some heads. Promise?"
    "Make sure you crush the Shard in your hands fully so you may feel its full effects." Uncle Dot chimed in, appearing behind Rex.

Raelyn
    now possesses the Memory Crystal!

19. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Inna kept quiet, feeling a little calmer after Dot came to him. A panic attack was something he wasn't quite expecting to rear it's ugly head, but he wasn't going to sit there and let it get the best of him. He continued to breathe as the party mulled over who got this first crystal. While he wanted one, Inna wasn't too interested in learning anything about himself just yet. Sure he wanted some things explained, but he just wasn't in a hurry. So once Raelyn was chosen, he glanced around and saw a girl run behind a tree. She emerged and returned to the group a little bit later. Inna chuckled and walked over.

"Hello, you seem scared. My name's Inna. What's yours?" he asked, wanting to get that out of the way.

20. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]

"Oh I need to get over myself do I? You are the one that keeps trying to play hero and pretend he knows what is right about everything. I am just trying to play the game and get things moving. Sure I like a good fight or two but I think you are reading into that way wrong. You know if we find a place to fight, it also means that we found other people, which would mean in theory we are in the right place. Generally a congregation of people means that there is a good chance at finding information, help, and supplies." Raelyn finally pointed out as she crossed her arms and stared down at Rex. He was the one with the hero complex, she just did what was typical for a game. You fight enemies, you kill enemies, you keep going and find out more as you go along. You don't play nice at every turn and think you will get stronger that way.

Given this moment of tension, Raelyn was surprised when Gale suggested that she take the memory crystal. Raelyn nearly snorted a laugh, there was no way anyone would let her of all people have the crystal, not when there was so much tension and she was clearly not all that wanted in this so called "team" that Rex spoke of. What was more surprising than the suggestion, was Rex agreeing to it and not only that but apologizing. It is fine. Lets get this over with and get that other shard quickly. If you guys were right about someone being after us with those golem things, then we really should be putting more distance between us and that as soon as we can." She stated before holding it tight in her hand, rolling her eye's at the bot's instructions, before crushing it fully in her hands, waiting to see what came next.