Original Paradigm Shift

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by mindstorm787, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

"Captain Fabulous?" Inna noticed Rex address him as such. It was an interesting nickname, after all. He heard that one before, though, and he thought it was rather funny. "Why, yes, I am quite fabulous. I try to stay this way, but things will make it hard sometimes." He sighed and looked to Jaz. She asked him to not call her angel. "Duly noted. I apologize for creeping you out, Jaz. And, well, not many things surprise me anymore." he chuckled. "I'm serious about the apology, I'll keep in mind nicknames aren't really...your thing. Other than Jaz." He nodded and looked towards Rex. "Ooh, Chemistry and Physics? I love those." he clapped his hands.

But Jaz was right, it was odd how how they can barely remember their names or how they got there, and yet they could remember such concepts as those. He placed a finger on his chin, trying to figure things out. It was then that Jaz jumped and her...chest moved....differently. He was caught by the sight and rather mesmerized. "Th...Those....are...uh..." he was a little flustered now, seeing as he never really spoke of physical things that often when flirting. "I-It doesn't help your tank top keeps trying t...to show off your...chest." he said this and crossed his arms, a slight blush on his face as he tried to look away from the girls.

While Inna could certainly flirt his way out of a paper bag, he most certainly was caught off guard by small things like this. "Please...uh...stop for my sake I'm...I'm sorry. It's kind of...backwards for me to ask...." His arms hugged him now, as if trying to keep things from falling apart.

2. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Rex Valin | Location: Unknown | Time: Unknown
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Rex didn't look as fazed as Inna did when Jaz tested her jumping. "Cool." He stated hollowly. "I-It doesn't help your tank top keeps trying t...to show off your...chest." Inna said, blushing and crossing his arms. Rex groaned. Was this guy for real? "Please...uh...stop for my sake I'm...I'm sorry. It's kind of...backwards for me to ask...."
    "Coulda fooled me, Cassanova. Really nice save for all the boys. 1-0." Rex said dryly. He had a feeling he and Inna would not be getting along well. Not that he was one to talk; his gaze fell back to Evie, whom had calmed him down earlier. He blinked away, not knowing what to thinki and keeping whatever thoughts he had to himself.

To occupy his mind, he walked to another cell next to Jaz's. The door was unlocked, but it seemed to be stuck on something. He stepped back, looking to himself, then back to the door. Pulling a tough look, he preformed a roundhouse on the door, kicking it. It whipped open, creaking weakly. "Thought as much." He said, walking in. The cell was empty of people, but had a small tied brown sack on the floor. He picked it up, undoing the tie, opening the bag to reveal some broken yellow gems. They glowed, as if they had some energy to them. "Hmph. Not bad. Some loot." He showed it to the group outside. "Assuming it's valuable, at least we aren't broke, wherever we are."

- Gained 600 Grist Shards! (Divided among the group)

• The currency of the world of Paragon and the means of creativity, Grist can be gained by doing missions or fighting in battle after battle. They have much more value than gold or any valuable metal, as they can be used in the Occuli Space to learn new spells for your aspects, or even fuse ones you've already learned for stronger magics. While there are the more common Shard Grist that remains a staple of the economy, there are Fire Grist, Water Grist, and the like. Their are 7 Grist types in total.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  3. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Evie looked over at Rex and the girl and boy that were in the other cell. It appears that there was an eventful conversation. She didn't really pay much attention and was a little confused. She shrugged her shoulders a bit, deciding not to ask questions. She then went back to looking around the room. Rex had then found what had appeared to be some currency. The group split it amongst them and continued to look around.

Evie had came up upon a piece of art. She looked at it was immediately uncomfortable. "
    Uh hey guys?" She angled her head a bit as she was trying to call the group over while still looking at the art. She could barely keep her eyes off it. Something about it felt off to her. Evie slowly walked up to the art, hoping it would uncover something that might be able to help them out of wherever they where.

4. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Without Evie or Raelyn realizing it, the art of the eye suddenly turned to look intently at the girls, its iris expanding and contracting inquisitively, as if to observe her. It then quickly glanced around at the group. Suddenly, it returned to staring back at nothing before anyone could react, as if nothing strange ever happened to it.

Whatever the reason, Evie's intuition could not be further from fiction - Someone was watching them...

But who?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  5. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]

Raelyn was so caught up looking into the space around them searching for traps that she hadn't heard anything until someone called out, to what she assumed was her. Busty, it wasn't the first time she had heard that, but she was not too fond of it none the less. Looking over at the person talking to her, Raelyn had a quizzical look on her face as she looked towards the other girl. "Is... is this some odd way of flirting? I mean it is fine, but at the same time, this is not the time for it. We should be trying to find a way out, preferably one without traps." Raelyn pointed out as she turned around, not bothering to jump like she was asked to. Besides the other guy clearly didn't want them to be jumping because it was distracting. Oh if he thought the other girl was distracting, then he wouldn't be able to think at all. The thought was almost amusing as she turned to face one of the boys that was in the cell with her.

"Oh um... Yeah. I think... I don't trust a piece of paper to tell me who I am, but as far as I know, my name is Raelyn, or at least that is what the paper said." Raelyn informed him. Not too sure why he was bothering asking. She didn't care that much about her name at this point, but that being said she would rather be called Raelyn, then Busty, so there was that at least. Just as she had that conversation the other girl walked over to the eye on the wall and examined it. As she walked back over, Raelyn noticed what Evie did, the eye started to look around.

"Huh interesting, it wasn't doing that a couple minutes ago when I was looking at it. Wonder what triggered that?" She pondered before putting an arm in front of Evie, slowly guiding her away a bit. "But I don't trust it, we should be careful around the thing. I mean who knows what else it can do or who might be watching. We best hurry." The thought of it seeing what they were doing didn't sit well with Raelyn, not when they were trying to escape. Since there was no guards, perhaps that was like a way of guarding them. Shooting her hand out, Raelyn tried to spray water at the eye, maybe she could wash the eye away, hopefully she could. It freaked her out.

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

"Well its all we got right now so why not trust it." He didn't see any harm in it right now. Not counting the two people who had just exited their cell he know knew the names of everyone he's just meet. Gale peer over towards Evie after she had called out to them and briefly glance at her before looking at the marking she was staring at. He didn't look long because there was another one right by him.

Still just as creepy as the first time he'd looked at it, but this time he'd taken more of a closer look to it. Quite literally in fact as he'd leaned in closer before actually going to touch it. He didn't think it'd feel any different from the wall it was currently plastered onto and if it did then he would be thoroughly creeped out to say the least.

7. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Somehow, Raelyn managed to fire a water beam, the projectile hitting the glyph with a large splat, splashing on it with enough force for it to smudge a little. The area of effect was also large enough to splat Raelyn, Gale and Evie in the process, but they were otherwise unharmed.
    As for the eye art itself, it began to fizzle with small purple sparks, then dulled in color, as if its power was lost. Curious, Rex walked over to have a look.
    "Welp," He stated, turning back to the three. "I guess it's safe to say that someone's gonna be pissed that there art was screwed with."
    Suddenly the doorway at the front of the hall swung open, causing Rex to whirl, on defense. He took a ready stance, expecting his group's captors, but instead, a glowing turqoise ball with a (-_-) face floated almost casually to the group.

"Oh me, oh my.~" The orb spoke in a male voice, almost posh. "It seems we have new arrivals! Welcome to the world!"
    "Uh, yeah. I think we're well acquainted with the world as is." Rex replied sarcastically. "Unless we're comparing apples to oranges?"
    The orb's face shifted to one that made it look like it was raising a brow. "Oh no no no! You're not in your world. Not anymore."
    "Start talking, bulb." Rex growled. He hated beating around the bush. He was fed up with getting more questions than answers. "I just woke up without remembering the first time I rode a bicycle. And those memories are precious to me. Who in the hell are you, and where are we?"
    "Alright, alright, calm yourself, friend." The orb moved up and down with a slightly annoyed look. "I'm not the one who put you in here, if that's what you're wondering. You've left Earth behind altogether."

Current Music Track: Homestuck OST - Jade Slyph

"What?"
    "You are in the world of Paragon, land of Magic and combat." The orb spoke. "I am Uncle Dot, one of the 3 host Artificial Intelligence droids that monitor the processes of the world."
    Rex crinkled his nose in confusion. "AI? You make this sound like we're in a game." He said, incredulous, although it did make sense where all these abilities were coming from.
    "But of course." Uncle Dot replied, enthusiastic. "Paragon is a game in Virtual Reality."

8. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Jasmine didn't exactly appreciate the fact she wasn't being taken seriously with this, since she was pretty sure she was onto something with that. She wasn't even thinking anything sexual about it until she heard Inna comment on it and she scoffed in disgust and stopped and said, "If you're thinking perverted stuff because I'm jumping I'm not going to like being objectified every fifteen seconds. I mean honestly, do you stare at little girls drooling when they're in bounce houses? Quit being a perv."

Strangeness seemed to occur soon enough after that, and once they found a weird... ball thing floating and speaking with them, her brain couldn't comprehend it for a moment as she tried to process everything going on. As soon as it was explained it was a video game, she started clapping her hands together saying, "That makes sense. That makes sense! That's why our bodies don't move by normal physics, we're in a video game. A simulation. These are programmed bodies!" she paused for quite a minute as she placed her fingers to her chin and said, "This amnesia is particularly kicking in when thinking further about this subject, so I'm not going to push it much further. But I was fairly certain virtual reality was purely a visual experience. And I'm not aware of a controller. Sooo something very odd is going on here." Jasmine pushed her hair behind her ear and aggressively walked towards the floating sphere as she pointed at it, "What's yer angle, Dot? We all woke up with lack of memory. I could barely remember my own fucking name and I can't imagine your creator's excuses for it are going to hold up in court and as far I'm aware this is kidnapping. So what the FUCK is going on? And how the FUCK do we get out of here?"

9. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Jaz called him a perv and Inna instantly made a face of disgust. "That's just vile." he said, keeping his arms over his own body. He watched events unfold and a strange blue ball with a face appeared. Rex already questioned it and it seems they were in a video game. Jaz mentioned their bodies were just products of this game and that caused a small panic for Inna. He closed his eyes and breathed in through his nose and out his mouth. "It's alright." he said to himself, his arms falling to his sides. He then looked over to Jaz and the rest before he looked at the ball.

Jaz asked a question first and Inna started to ponder. "I don't think court exists in this world." he chuckled. "If anything, it's probably some medieval land with technology but nothing short of having just a jail where the ruler throws us in." Inna shrugged, putting his hands in his jacket pockets. "But Dot, I gotta ask you. Does this game let us choose our bodies or did we get stuck with whatever it liked? Or did we choose? And what kind of game even is this? Controller? VR? AR? What kind?" he asked, smiling.

He then looked at Jaz and cleared his throat. "I should apologize for earlier." he spoke softly. "Perhaps we can talk about this a little later? I understand this is rather more important."

10. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

"What's yer angle, Dot? We all woke up with lack of memory. I could barely remember my own ****ing name and I can't imagine your creator's excuses for it are going to hold up in court and as far I'm aware this is kidnapping. So what the **** is going on? And how the **** do we get out of here?" Jaz asked the droid, demanding.
    "Like I originally said, I never put you in here!" Dot replied, appearance creased. "I have no clearance nor the processing power necessary to erase memories. Not even the system itself could. Only supress." Dot orbited around Jaz, almost inspecting. "Nor would I want to. My primary directive is to assist players as a neutral party." He flew past Jaz, facing the group once more, slightly more raised in the air. "Even then, your assumption is wrong that you're not in your real in your bodies. Quite the opposite. While their is no controller, your bodies are completely virtualized here in Paragon, and while your healing is accelerated, you can still be wounded."
    "So we can die in here?" Rex asked grimily.
    "Yes and no." The AI sounded a little unsure. "You could die, but the system's cornerstone prevents from full death. You're all like files stored here. Worst case scenario, players are 'Coma-Dead' for a full month before the system restores them at a spawning point."

"I don't think court exists in this world." Inna chimed in. "If anything, it's probably some medieval land with technology but nothing short of having just a jail where the ruler throws us in. But Dot, I gotta ask you. Does this game let us choose our bodies or did we get stuck with whatever it liked? Or did we choose? And what kind of game even is this? Controller? VR? AR? What kind?"
    "This is an adventure game, first and foremost." Dot informed. "Your appearances remain your own. It's the magic and elements that you may change. It is a full-body VR simulator that allows users to choose their own adventure, or go straight for the goal."
    "You still didn't answer Jaz's question about what in the fresh hell is going on here." Rex muttered tartly. "Answer the main issue, please."
    The AI was silent for a long time, as if processing. Then, it pulled a worried look. "I..don't know, precisely. Something happened in the real world, dangerous enough to put the game into Safe Mode. Nothing can come in or go out unless otherwise. The game preserved all current players into itself to protect them. The only true way to exit the game is to beat it completely."
    "Elaborate."

"Miles Peron, the creator of Paragon and the Occuli headsets that you used to enter the game, wanted to create a utopia for players to enjoy a story, but be safe from outside interference. Thus, if anything were to happen that would threaten the integrity of the game from the outside, the system would transition to a cloud-based safe-mode, downloading every player's information into data, and would only reestablish ground if a system operator unlocked it from the outside, deeming it safe, or if a player beat the game, and shuts down the game from the inside." Dot flew around the group from player to player as he explained. "The drawbacks, however, was to suppress or relieve any unnecessary data that would hamper or otherwise slow any processes down. It's the probable reason as to why all of you don't have memory of whom you are or why you're here. It's also the reason why I am tasked to assist with new players; to help them understand the situation, and guide them throughout."
    "Are you also supposed to make us feel better in doing so?" Rex asked.
    "That would be the desired outcome, yes."
    Rex breathed in, and pulled a glaring look at the orb. "Well you're doing a **** job at it."

11. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]

"And why should we be concerned about ruining peoples art, when the art just sparked. I mean art shouldn't do that when you put water on it, and the same art shouldn't be watching us. This is just crazy." Raelyn snapped at Rex. She was nervous about this entire situation and she didn't mean to come off so harsh, but she wouldn't apologize for it, nor did she have to when a weird orb thing floated into the room. Raelyn was cautious of it, she wasn't too sure how to handle the thing, but she was ready to spray water at it at any moment. She didn't know exactly what that would do, but there was only so much that she was capable of in this situation.

Taking a step back as everyone spoke, she listened. From what she could gather they were in some sort of game that had locked them in. Virtual reality, they had left their real bodies behind and were now here. Raelyn couldn't help but wonder if this was what she looked like in the real world, or if it was some sort of avatar that she created for herself. Chewing on her lower lip she waited for everyone to be done talking before she spoke again herself.
    "And do you mind filling us in on what the hell are with the creepy eyes on the wall? So as my friend her so eloquently put it." Raelyn motioned to the girl who asked her to jump earlier. "What the FUCK is going on?"

Still on edge and ready to fight, Raelyn was not stupid enough to focus solely on the talking orb in front of them. Something had been watching them, and Raelyn wasn't about to let this thing distract her so it could get the drop on them. Moving around the group, she found her way closer to where the orb came from, keeping her eyes out that way while still listening to what was being said a bit behind her. If this was a game, she figured even the tutorial wouldn't be that easy or else it wouldn't be a fun game. They were not going to be able to walk out of here without any problems.

12. CrownMoksha Decimo

Gale had been concerned when the turquoise ball had entered. His first thought was that this was some sort of security system sent to corralled them back into their cells. They wouldn't be able to do much about that either, so far only Raelyn would be able to do something about it and that was assuming that it wasn't waterproof in anyway. Then the orb had greeted them, which threw off this entire thought process.

The whole part about their bodies being virtual was what had stuck with Gale the most. What about basic things that humans needed to survive. Like sleep, eating and drinking? "What about in the real world, wouldn't people notice that" He paused to count the people currently around. "six people aren't responding to any attempts at communication?" Hearing that something had happened in the real world to have caused all this was one thing, hearing that their bodies were like this as a result of what had happened was another. Whatever help this little orb thought it was providing was doing next to nothing to actual help and causing more concern than anything else.

13. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

"And do you mind filling us in on what the hell are with the creepy eyes on the wall? So as my friend her so eloquently put it. What the **** is going on?" Raelyn asked. Uncle Dot, suddenly curious, wubbed over to the glyph, letting out a green light from his eyes, scanning over it for about a minute. Then,
    "Not part of the natural game environment." Dot replied systematically. "This glyph was user-created." It turned back to the group. "It's Void magic. Specifically, that glyph is made for observational purposes, but it's customized to act as a teleport if need be. I'm unsure who created it, and for what purpose, but there are very few players who use Void magic, and fewer lesser NPCs that teach."
    "Oh great, so we have a peeping Tom that wanted to see how we were doing?" Rex asked.
    "In a manner of speaking, possibly. As I've said, the purpose of that marking is unclear." The AI tilted itself, as if tilting a head. "One thing is for sure, the glyph can't work if it's been wiped or destroyed. That's the basis of any and all magic." It floated back towards the front.

"What about in the real world, wouldn't people notice that?" Gale asked. "Six people aren't responding to any attempts at communication?"
    "Perhaps." Dot agreed. "However, you aren't the only arrivals here in Paragon. In fact, you're the about the last batch of players to arrive."
    "Wait, you mean there's more players around?" Rex interrupted.
    "40,245 players in total, including you all." The AI responded. "Time moves differently here in Paragon. While in the real world, only about 2 hours have passed, it's been 2 months in game time."
    Rex covered his mouth in alarm. He was stunned, staggering a bit. "...****..." He settled to take a knee, dumbfounded.
    "Even then, I doubt most people are looking for answers as to why 40 thousand people have vanished into the game. As I've said, the incident in the real world must have been dire enough to force the game into Safe Mode. As harsh as I am sounding, this is the reality you all face."

Dot floated back high in the air. "I still am able to offer you all consolation, however." He said as his eyes glowed, summoning a hologram of what looked like a red container filled with a white substance. "These objects, Memory Crystals, when destroyed, reactivate the suppressed memories that the system initially wiped. You will be restored of all your memories and experiences - just as if you never lost them at all." The hologram vanished, and Dot raised an eyebrow. "While you have no reason to believe me on that, I can assure you that the game has no processing power to 'throw you for a loop', so to speak - it only has the ability to keep players safe, create instances of quest and mechanic maintenance, and keeping up with progress. The Memory Crystals are simply recompensation if a situation like this ever arose."

14. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Evie's eyes widen as she took a step back. The eye in the art had started moving around. An arm came in front of Evie. She looked over to see the arm belong to Raelyn. Raelyn guided Evie back away from the art as she sprayed the art with water. Evie kept looking at the eye as she kept backing up. It was if she couldn't take her eyes off that art. She shook her head before regrouping back with the others.

Evie joined the others as they were listening to this turquoise ball named Uncle Bot. Uncle Bot had revealed that they were currently in this virtual reality game called 'Paragon'. She was absolutely shocked. She didn't know what to think. Then the next fact that Bot had released...was startling. "
    4-40,000 people??..." Evie could barely process anything else Bot was saying. The orb had then mentioned these crystals. They could restore one's memories and experiences. Evie had then spoke up. "Uncle Bot...Where can we find these crystals?" These memory crystals were her best shot at getting her memories back.

15. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

"Uncle Bot... Where can we find these crystals?" Evie asked. Rex almost jumped a foot in the air. She nearly appeared out of nowhere, disturbing him from his more pressing thoughts of what the hell was going on. He blinked a bit, and pulled his more natural look. Dot lowered down to Evie's level, almost like an adult to a child's stature. "The crystals can be found everywhere in Paragon; they spawn at random times and fall to the ground. While the drops themselves are uncommon, they can be found easily if you use your eyes. It'll be indicated through them, locking on. It comes in part of being able to do things like seeing the pages in your spellbooks, or seeing other player's HP."
    "Wot." Rex said. "What are you talking about? I can't see anything of the like."

The AI was silent for a moment. Then, it made a twinging sound, as if clicking a tongue. "Ah, of course. The system typically has an odd glitch where it doesn't give players their full ability sets at the start. It also explains why you only have 3 out of the 5 attack types for the starter element you chose. I specifically asked Master Peron to fix this issue before full launch, but he never could seem to replicate the issue. Not to worry; easily fixable." Uncle Dot began to grow a bright yellow color. "This might sting your eyes a little... Hang on." A sudden bass drop could be heard as Rex's eyes burned, forcing him to keel slightly. When he blinked, he could see Raelyn, Gale, Evie, Jaz, and Inna having health bars, green and healthy as can be.

"Why can't I see my own health or even yours, Dot?" Rex asked.
    "Simple," The AI replied. "I am a game construct, as I am not made for combat. Only diplomacy. As for you, your own sensations should be enough to not warrant a need for players to see their own HP."
    "Lame, but I'll take it." Rex muttered. Then a thought occurred to him. He took his spellbook from his book, flipping through it. There were pages of written statistics, a guide to combat, even a map. "I can see written pages, guys!" Rex said, elated. "Oh-ho-ho! I'm a Fire user!"
    "Only players can see what is in their own spellbooks, so stealing is useless here. Your in-game knowledge is your own." Dot chimed. "It is also your primary tool to expand on your knowledge as well. Think of it like a main menu of sorts."

- Gained Spellbook!
    - Gained Cell Key 54!
    (Raelyn, Gale, Rex Evie, owned by Raelyn)
    - Gained Cell Key 57! (Jaz and Inna, owned by Jaz)
    - Gained Trait: Scan! (All)
    - Gained Trait: Defender! (All)
    - Gained Trait: Fixer! (All)
    - Spellbooks updated!

• Your spellbook is your main source of inventory gathering, be they choosing what spells you have, how much Grist you possess, or your current objective. You Spellbook will automatically update when you learn a new magic or a gain a new task. BE CAREFUL NOT TO LOSE IT.

"I regret to inform you that I will need to cut this little Q&A short." Uncle Dot suddenly said. "It seems I made a bit of a mistake by flying through the front door."
    "Huh?" Rex looked up from his book, causing him to stow it, balling fists."What the heck do you mean?"
    "I may have tripped an alarm of sorts. There are Detainer Golems coming your way."
    "Ughhhhh..." Rex groaned. "Fine. You can pay us back by teaching us how to fight then." He gets into a battle stance as a mechanical scream is heard as four Golems, each looking like they were made of scrap, came running down the front of the hall. They had a brown glyph mark in the shape of a rock on their "faces".

The tutorial had begun.

.: BATTLE START!!! :.
    Defeat the Detainer Golems!
    Current Music Track: Danimal Cannon & Zef - Corrupted

• Level 24
      HP: 1000 | Mana: 0 | Stamina: 30 | Accuracy: 5
      Attack: 50% | Defense: 60% | Speed: 30%
      Health: 50% | Magic: 0% | Stamina: 30% | Accuracy: 50%
      Normal

• Level 24
      Normal

• Level 24
      Normal

• Level 0
      HP: 1000 | Mana: 1000 | Stamina: 50 | Accuracy: 5
      Attack: 50% | Defense: 50% | Speed: 50%
      Health: 50% | Magic: 50% | Stamina: 50% | Accuracy: 50%​

- Fire Bullets (Fire Multi) - User fires a barrage of flames the burn enemies for 2 turns. [12-25 Damage, 120 Mana, 1 Post Cooldown]

- Great Fire Blast (Fire Blast) - User fires a huge ball of fire at enemies that burns for 2 turns. Can be ridden on if the user's Accuracy is > 6 to gain an extra move. [230-300 Damage, 200 Mana, 2 Post Cooldown]

- Blaze Column (Fire AOE) - User creates an eruption below an enemy or group of enemies that burns them for 3 posts. Will always hit it's target if the user's Accuracy is > 9. [140-230 Damage, 250 Mana, 2 Post Cooldown]

• Scan - Detect a target's HP and basic Stats.
      • Defender - Raises Defense by 10 when HP is below 25%.
      • Fixer - Gain 5% more Grist from doing Missions.

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

• Level 0

- Aqua Stream (Water Multi) - User fires a barrage of water bullets at enemies. [15-25 Damage, 200 Mana, 1 Post Cooldown]

- Water Beam (Water Blast) - User fires a small beam of water that is effective at long range that stuns targets for 1 turn. Will always hit it's target if the user's Accuracy is => 7. [250-300 Damage, 200 Mana, 2 Post Cooldown]

- Water Tornado (Water AOE) - User stomps the ground to generate a liquid tornado that sucks in enemies, dealing damage 5 times. [15-20 Damage, 300 Mana, 2 Post Cooldown]

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

• Cell Key 54 - Story Item

• Level 0

- Poison Needles (Plant Multi) - User fires flurry of low damaging needles that causes targets to be stunned for 1 turn. [15-25 Damage, 200 Mana, 1 Post Cooldown]

- Spore Bombs (Plant Blast) - User fires 3 small bombs that deal moderate damage and heals the user for each on that hits. [30-45 Damage, +8-12 HP, 230 Mana, 2 Post Cooldown]

- Vine Grab (Plant Transport) - User throws out a vine that grabs enemies and heals the user. Can be used to grab allies out of the way, and will always hit it's target if the user's Accuracy is => 7. [15-20 Damage, +130-160 HP, 400 Mana, 3 Post Cooldown]

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

• Level 0

- Fire Bullets (Fire Multi) - User fires a barrage of flames the burn enemies for 2 turns. [12-25 Damage, 120 Mana, 1 Post Cooldown]

- Great Fire Blast (Fire Blast) - User fires a huge ball of fire at enemies that burns for 2 turns. Can be ridden on if the user's Accuracy is > 6 to gain an extra move. [230-300 Damage, 200 Mana, 2 Post Cooldown]

- Blaze Column (Fire AOE) - User creates an eruption below an enemy or group of enemies that burns them for 3 posts. Will always hit it's target if the user's Accuracy is > 9. [140-230 Damage, 250 Mana, 2 Post Cooldown]

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

• Level 0

- Poison Needles (Plant Multi) - User fires flurry of low damaging needles that causes targets to be stunned for 1 turn. [15-25 Damage, 200 Mana, 1 Post Cooldown]

- Spore Bombs (Plant Blast) - User fires 3 small bombs that deal moderate damage and heals the user for each on that hits. [30-45 Damage, +8-12 HP, 230 Mana, 2 Post Cooldown]

- Vine Grab (Plant Transport) - User throws out a vine that grabs enemies and heals the user. Can be used to grab allies out of the way, and will always hit it's target if the user's Accuracy is => 7. [15-20 Damage, +130-160 HP, 400 Mana, 3 Post Cooldown]

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

• Cell Key 57 - Story Item

• Level 0

- Aqua Stream (Water Multi) - User fires a barrage of water bullets at enemies. [15-25 Damage, 200 Mana, 1 Post Cooldown]

- Water Beam (Water Blast) - User fires a small beam of water that is effective at long range that stuns targets for 1 turn. Will always hit it's target if the user's Accuracy is => 7. [250-300 Damage, 200 Mana, 2 Post Cooldown]

- Water Tornado (Water AOE) - User stomps the ground to generate a liquid tornado that sucks in enemies, dealing damage 5 times. [15-20 Damage, 300 Mana, 2 Post Cooldown]

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

16. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]

Well at least something useful came out of the conversation, as long as she sprayed water on those marks, then they couldn't be used anymore. Raelyn tucked that bit of information away for later. Whoever put that mark up, she figured he might come up again at some point. That being said it could have just been someone practicing his magic, after all, this was the starting area wasn't it? He could have found his way out and put the mark there for fun. Raelyn wanted to believe that theory, but she was still going to be cautious. From there it was talked about how many people were in the game. Raelyn couldn't understand why everyone was surprised, after all, this was a game, and they weren't going to be the only ones in the world interested in the game. There were bound to be other people around, though Raelyn was surprised that there wasn't more in the starting area.

Then the bot thing went and said one of the most obscene things Raelyn thought she had ever heard.
    "Wait... Wait... did you just say an NPC just triggered an alarm? A programmed creature meant to help us only damned us more for existing to help us? What kind of piece of **** game is this? How many bugs does it have? First not able to see like half the stuff we are supposed to, then the floating robot triggering alarms to get us killed? There is something terribly wrong here." It was more than a little clear that Raelyn was not impressed about the situation.

Taking a moment to flip through the spell book that she could now actually read, she skimmed mostly about how combat worked and how she would be able to defend herself against these so called Detainer Golems that were now coming for them. Magic, Magic, she could do that, she already had an okay grip on her water magic. She could see them coming towards her and Raelyn too one last look at the instructions before sticking her hand out, palm towards the creatures as she looked in her spell book to recite an incantation. The words flowed from her like they were well known to her. Small bullets of water sprayed from her hands towards the enemies, before she shifted positions, her hand now facing down as she moved it in a circle, reading out another incantation just as a tornado of water started to emerge from the ground around them. After those were done, Raelyn found herself standing back to see how she had done with her attempts at fighting these things off.

Raelyn used Aqua Stream, and Water Tornado.

17. CrownMoksha Decimo

He'd gotten his answer and it wasn't what he was hoping for, in fact it came as a complete shock. 40,245, that how many people were currently trapped in this game. A Number that was larger than the entire population of Sint Maarten! Was there a natural disaster outside? Was the world ending? Had a terrorist group gone to the extremes and they'd agreed to trap themselves in this game as a way to protect them!? That last one probably was an overreaction if not a plot to a different game, but the point still stood. Something major had to have happened in the real world.

Gale made a mental note of what the memory crystals were and how they worked for they had a much more pressing matter. "Maybe this was programmed to happen?" Offering what was hopefully a reasonable suggestion to all this. With spellbook in his hand he turned to the second page in the book and looked at the spells listed. He was a fire user too it seemed, good to know.

He skimmed through the name of the first spell and put his fingers in the typical finger guns and spoke the incantation. First a small orb of flames appeared at his finger tips and fired off a torrent of flaming bullets towards the target. Then he spoke the next one and this one was a much larger orb of flames that went fired off had some kick to it that had knocked Gale onto his rear for the first time.

Gale used Fire Bullets and Great Fire Blast

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  18. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Evie was a little startled as the alarms started ringing. When the detainer golems walked in, she backed up a little. She looked over to her spellbook and back over to the group as they got ready to battle. Evie decided to open up her spellbook and flip through its pages to find anything that might help them. She looked down to see some plant life growing right at her feet. Evie looked at the spellbook once again and an idea came to her. She read the page of the book she was on and looked at the golems. "This should wear you down..." The plant life that was growing near her feet slowly rose from the ground in shards. Evie looked up from the book before saying her next words. "Poison Needles!" The shards of plant life flew into the golems one by one scattering themselves across their bodies.

Evie used Poison Needles!

19. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Jasmine had way too many questions about how encounters worked if other people could be attacked because an AI triggered an alarm. Would that not send the golems after the AI? Or maybe it did and Dot just decided to be a jerk about it. It did not matter, now they were in a fight and Jasmine took a deep breath to keep herself calm. She listened to the other's questions, the red haired boy's particular comment struck her... maybe it was programmed this way? Maybe they were in some type of tutorial area to begin with? There was a familiarity to a game starting off in a prison but the memory was lost rather quickly in the fog of her mind. Jasmine reached her hand out nervously and, looking through her abilities, she only saw poison needle being useful with others seeming to be a waste of resources since she was not yet hurt. But because she noticed she had more of a capacity to heal herself, the girl ran in front of all the others as she fired off a poison needle.

20. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Raelyn used Water Tornado! Detainer Golem A, B, and C have all been caught!
    Hit for 15 damage!
    Hit for 18 damage!
    Hit for 16 damage!
    Dealt damage (3) times!
    Raelyn used Aqua Stream on Detainer Golem A!
    Hit for 17 damage!
    Hit for 17 damage!
    Hit for 17 damage!
    Hit for 17 damage!
    Dealt damage (4) times!

Gale used Fire Bullets on Detainer Golem B!
    Hit for 15 damage!
    Hit for 15 damage!
    Hit for 15 damage!
    Hit for 15 damage!
    Dealt damage (4) times!
    Detainer Golem B is now burning!
    Gale used Great Fire Blast on Detainer Golem B! Miss!

Evie used Poison Needles on Detainer Golem C!
    Hit for 15 damage!
    Hit for 15 damage!
    Hit for 15 damage!
    Hit for 15 damage!
    Hit for 15 damage!
    Dealt damage (5) times!

Jaz used Poison Needles on Detainer Golem B!
    Hit for 15 damage!
    Hit for 15 damage!
    Hit for 15 damage!
    Dealt damage (3) times!

- - -

Rex readied to attack, flipping through his book. His eyes fell on one named 'Blaze Column'. He also planned to use the Great Fire Blast as well. He shoved the book in his pockets, yelling to Dot, "Dot, is this fight scripted!?" I blinked as my thought process stuttered. How did I know what a scripted fight even was??
    "I swear on my own source coding that this wasn't planned!" Dot yelled, his british accent all-too present as he hid in one of the opened cells. "I'm technically an NPC, so I'm able to trip world objects!"
    "Urgh, fine! WHOA!" Rex dodged to the side as a Golem charged at him down the hall. "Blaze Column!" He yelled as he snapped his finger under the next golem. A large crackle was heard as both Golems B and C were thrown in the air and went down, flames burning them.

- - -

Rex used Blaze Column! Detainer Golem B and C are hit!
    Hit for 140 damage!
    Detainer Golem B is now burning!
    Detainer Golem C is now burning!
    Rex prepares to dodge!

Detainer Golem A used Charge on Rex!
    Rex dodges the attack!

Detainer Golem B used Strike on Raelyn!
    Hit for 230 damage!
    Raelyn is stunned!

Detainer Golem C guards!

- - -

Current Music Track: Danimal Cannon & Zef - Corrupted

• Level 24
      HP: 883 | Mana: 0 | Stamina: 30 | Accuracy: 5
      Normal

• Level 24
      HP: 706 | Mana: 0 | Stamina: 30 | Accuracy: 5
      Burning for 2 turns!

• Level 24
      HP: 736 | Mana: 0 | Stamina: 30 | Accuracy: 5
      Burning for 2 turns! / Guarding!

• Level 0
      HP: 1000 | Mana: 1000 | Stamina: 40 | Accuracy: 5

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

• Level 0
      HP: 770 | Mana: 1000 | Stamina: 50 | Accuracy: 5
      Health: 50% | Magic: 50% | Stamina: 50% | Accuracy: 50%
      Stunned for 1 turn!

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

• Cell Key 54 - Story Item

• Level 0

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

• Level 0

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

• Level 0

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

• Cell Key 57 - Story Item

• Level 0

Clothing - None!
      Accessory - None!

None!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018