OOC/Discussion Fullmetal Alchemist: Deep Alchemy

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Garxena, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Originally started on 6th January 2009. This is a reboot! However, this time 'round, we won't be going directly along with the plot-line of anything. Meaning, OCs are going to be an influence here. Don't get all excited just yet! I'm not going to allow for a million OCs and the OCs that are here are not going to run the RP. Cannon characters are the most important. After all, they're what started this whole thing.
    SO! We're going along with the general plot-line of BROTHERHOOD with some things from the first anime series as well (mainly just characters). What that means is that we're not typing out the anime. xDx We're hitting big things (examples: Nina, finding out humans are used to make Philosopher's Stones, Hughes's death, etc.) and filling in the gaps with whatever we want. Get it? You can always ask me questions if you don't!
    ALSO! If you see a character on the list that you want and they're taken, try talking to the person who has them. We're all nice here and we know how to share. <3 However, that person DOES NOT have to give up the character.

Story:
    Edward and Alphonse Elric are two alchemists; brothers who search for the legendary Philosopher's Stone, a powerful object which would allow them to recover their bodies (which were lost in an attempt to bring their mother back to life through alchemy). Born in the village of Risembool from the country of Amestris, the two brothers lived there with their parents. Their father, Hohenheim, left home for unknown reasons and years later, their mother, Trisha Elric, died of a terminal illness leaving the Elric brothers alone. After their mother's death, Edward became determined to bring her back through the use of alchemy, an advanced science in which objects can be created from raw materials. They researched Human Transmutation, a forbidden art in which one attempts to create or modify a human being. However, this attempt failed, ultimately resulting in the loss of Edward's left leg and Alphonse's entire body. In a desperate effort to save his brother, Edward sacrificed his right arm to affix his brother's soul to a suit of armor. Some days later, an alchemist named Roy Mustang visited the Elric brothers, and told Edward to become a member of the State Military of the country to find a way to recover their bodies. After that, Edward's left leg and right arm were fitted with two sets of automail, a type of advanced prosthetic limb, created for him by his close family friends Winry Rockbell and her grandmother, Pinako.
    Edward set out to become a State Alchemist, an alchemist employed by the State Military of Amestris, which infamously annihilated much of the neighboring country of Ishval's population in the past decade. Becoming a State Alchemist enabled Edward to use the extensive resources available to State Alchemists, but it also turned him into what they call a "dog of the military." His more friendly relationship with Colonel Mustang however, whom he reports to and recruited him, allows the brothers freedom to search for the Philosopher's Stone as part of Edward's research, as each State Alchemist is expected to independently research new things which may be of a use to the State Military of Amestris. The brothers set off in search of the Philosopher's Stone as a means to restore their bodies. They are about to meet many antagonists, including those who are willing to do anything to obtain the Philosopher's Stone: Scar, one of the few surviving Ishvalans, who seeks vengeance on the State Alchemists for the destruction of his race; the homunculi, a group of human-like creatures who carry pieces of the Philosopher's Stone inside themselves and from it derive the ability to survive almost any harm; Julia, a girl who shares more than she knows with the brothers but differs greatly in moral values; and the Amestrian military, which is hiding dark secrets.

Rules:
    1) Follow the Law of Equivalent Exchange! (That means if you give me crap, I’m flinging it back at you.)
    2) Experienced alchemists only! (I don’t want to have to explain the whole thing to people; the above paragraphs is all I'll do.)
    3) Death is allowed, but with permission from either me or the person you're killing and good reason (don't kill just to kill).
    4) Color code your characters. Or not. >> I don't care too much.
    5) Sorry, no yaoi or yuri for this thread. Let’s keep it cannon.
    6) All State Alchemist OCs MUST be at least 24 years of age and have an appropriate background of studying, and practicing and/or training.
    7) All OCs with automail must have received their automail from something OTHER THAN human transmutation. (This is because a Homunculus results from the taboo and we can't have 500 Homunculi running about.) The automail can be from an accident (train wreck, car wreck, machinery, etc.) or from choice (like another character we know).
    8) Not all OCs can be alchemists, and they CANNOT be related to the Elric brothers (other relations are ok if you talk to me about it via PM or MSN).
    9) If you get in an argument, please take it elsewhere.
    10) I might break my own rules. I can do that 'cause I'm awesome.

Character Layout:
    Username-
    Name (full)-
    Age-
    Gender-
    Background (DETAILS! Include is/ is not an alchemist)-
    Appearance-

Characters (In no particular order.):
    Edward Elric- Snow Princess
    Alphonse Elric- Garxena
    Winry Rockbell- Bushy Brow
    Pinako Rockbell-
    Van Hohenheim [of Light]- Snow Princess
    Scar- Bushy Brow
    Izumi Curtis- Snow Princess
    Sid Curtis- Snow Princess
    Basque Gran-
    Maes Hughes- Snow Princess
    Zolf J. Kimblee- Snow Princess
    Roy Mustang- Bushy Brow
    Riza Hawkeye- Snow Princess
    Jean Havoc-
    Kain Furey- Garxena
    Sheska-
    Yoki-
    Heymans Breda-
    Denny Brosh-
    Maria Ross-
    Vato Falman-
    Doctor Tim Marcoh-
    Russell Tringham-
    Fletcher Tringham-
    Alex Louis Armstrong-
    Olivier Mira Armstrong-
    Miles-
    Grumman-
    Shou Tucker-
    Nina Tucker- Garxena
    Rosé-
    Father Cornello-
    Russel Tringham-
    Fletcher Tringham-
    The Truth-
    Father/Dwarf in the Flask-
    Fuher President King Bradley (Wrath)-
    Sileme Bradley (Pride)-
    Lust- Snow Princess
    Greed- Webhead
    Envy- Ventus108
    Sloth-
    Gluttony-
    Lan Fan- Garxena
    Fu- Ventus108
    May Chang- Bushy Brow
    Ling Yao/GreedLing- Bushy Brow
    Roa/Law-
    Martel/Marta-
    Dorochet-
    Bido-
    Zampano-
    Jerso-
    Darius/Gorilla-san-
    Heinkel-

Original Characters:
    Username- Garxena
    Name- Julia Avalon
    Age- 16
    Gender- Female
    Background- Julia grew up on the outskirts of Central with her younger brother, Robert. Their parents were dogs of the military, killed in an Ishvalan assignment. Julia was 11 at the time, Robert was 9. Not wanting the same fate as her parents, Julia delved into the studies of alchemy to learn protection and to occupy her time. She was usually watched by her younger brother when she was practicing. Absorbed in her studies, Julia did not see the pressure it was putting on Robert, not the way in which her released that pressure. Robert was coerced into a gang-like life, and was killed at the age of 13 in a brawl. Julia, devastated by losing the last of her close family, attempted forbidden alchemy: a Human Transmutation. However, it was naught but an attempt. She paid the price of her right arm and got something that looked nothing like her dear Robert in return. Horrified by what she'd done, she left home. She didn't get far though, losing her consciousness from the blood that she was losing so quickly. She woke, to the sound of clinking metal, inside a dimly lit room with a strong looking man by her bedside. She found herself bandaged and was confused as to how she got to where she was. Julia asked the man kindly for an explanation. He told her that his name was Billy and he'd found her on his way back from an automail market, and just in time too. Julia thanked him and told him she'd find a way to pay him back. She was surprised when Billy laughed and told her that there was no need for payment. Puzzled, Julia again asked for an explanation. She was brought close to tears when Billy told her the story of his wife dying in childbirth, only for the baby to die but a few months later. Julia didn’t understand how Billy could still smile and laugh after such a loss. But what really struck her was what he said next: "You know, I bet my daughter would have looked just like you if she'd grown up." Julia felt she owed Billy something for his kindness, but it didn't stop there. Julia next learned that Billy was a gifted mechanic and then offered to make her a new arm. She refused at first, having no money to pay him. But after he insisted, she accepted. For the next year, Julia lived with Billy and put her new arm to good use in alchemy practice. Julia was both delighted and shocked when she discovered that she could perform alchemy without a circle. She spent a good portion of her time with her nose in a book, learning everything she could about alchemy and equivalent exchange. She also looked for a reason as to why she didn't need a circle for alchemy. When she felt she'd learned everything she could from Billy and his books, she left to go in search of more answers.
    Appearance- (with automail right arm, and no cigarette)
    [​IMG]

Username: Snow Princess
    Name: Reine Lyon
    Background: Reine is a mercenary for the military of Amestris. She has lived in Central her whole life, having several relatives in the military headquarters there. Whenever an undercover job is needed, an officer of the Fuhrer will contact her with instructions. Occasionally she has had to kill for much large sums of money, but she rarely takes these jobs. She battles with two handguns, but strapped under her black dress on her thighs, extra ammo and other equipment in the bag she carries on her back.
    She and her older brother live alone, their parents having died of illness when they were both younger. Although she has all the skills to belong officially in the military, she has no interest in being a dog of the state, even though she personally knows some of the top officers. Her parents were friends with Major Hughes and served with him and countless others during the Ishvallan War of Extermination. Whenever she does receive a job that actually interests her, it’s from Hughes; she isn’t close with the man but does know him and his family well enough.
    Reine has only been doing under-cover surveys of the citizens for any illegal activities lately. She gets paid for any information she bring back to the officials, enough to help her and her brother pay rent and food bills every month. Miss Lyon is knowledgeable of any local underground information, as well as the locations of many different organizations and people. She lives in Central still right now, waiting for another call from the Colonel's office or higher up, telling her what to do to get some extra money... and information.
    Description: Height= 5'4'' With Purple Eyes
    [​IMG]

Username- Garxena
    Name (full)- Deceit
    Age- Unknown
    Gender- Male
    Background- Deceit is a Homunculus created by Julia when she attempted to bring back her brother with Human Transmutation. Deceit was come upon by Envy and brought up by Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Envy, Pride, and Sloth, staying with whomever was available. His Oroborus tattoo is on the inside of his wrist. He has not developed as quickly as the others in some things, but his named talent is, of course, perfect. He can convince a person of nearly any lie he tells.
    Appearance-
    [​IMG]

Username- Bushy Brow
    Name- Alexis Tyneside
    Age- 17
    Gender- Female
    Background- (Is excused from Rule 6) Alexis's parents were Amestrian travelers before the Ishvalan war had even began. It was as they were travelling in Ishval that catastrophe struck and they were caught right in the middle of the tragedy. It was during the war that 8 year old Alexis was made an orphan when an explosion caused by Alchemy made a nearby building collapse and the falling debris crushed her parents who had just managed to push her out of the way of the rubble.
    Forced to wander the streets in despair, Alexis was found by a State Alchemist who had been about to kill her after having been caught by surprise. However he had quickly realized she was an Amestrian and put two and two together. With nowhere else for her to go, but knowing he had to get her out of the war zone, he commissioned her to be put into the military to get her back into Amestris since only military personnel were allowed to cross the border. This was genuinely out of kindness on his part as otherwise she would just be an orphan trapped in a war zone.
    So here she was... a young 8 year old girl now in military school where it was quickly discovered that she had great potential when it came to Alchemy. She was trained up and now nine years later Alexis is an Alchemist of the Amestris State Military. Despite her young age compared to other state Alchemists she is highly skilled thanks to her years of training and her fierce determination. This has put her on par with some of the best Alchemists such as 'The Flame Alchemist' among other high ranked titles.
    Her own title given to her is 'The Pink-Rain Alchemist' due to her unique and beautiful but powerful style of using Alchemy, and her reputation is quite renowned also for the reason of her being one of the youngest Alchemists in history.
    Personality wise she can be rather cold, and she tends to be a bit of a loner because that is all she really knows. She finds it hard to trust people, but it has been determined that her withdrawn nature is likely drawn from the horrifying experiences she had when caught up in the middle of the war as a child.
    Appearance-

Username- Webhead
    Name- Rhone "Avarice" Dice
    Age- 21
    Gender- Male
    Background- Not an Alchemist. A high ranking officer under Hughes' command in the military. Avarice is a relatively new recruit to the military, joining shortly before Ed. He is one of Greed's Chimera, his DNA mixed with that from a eagle. Greed had supplied him with the necessary papers and fake background to join the military. He was tested in in Lab 5 with the other of Greed's Chimera. His experimentation went slightly farther than the rest and is more developed with his abilities. He had abandoned his name. Greed named him Avarice due to their similar personalities. He uses an assumed name of Rhone Dice for his identity. No one knows of his true self yet.
    He fights with two long daggers, each about as long as his forearm. He is faster and stronger than most humans. His fighting style uses his daggers in synch with his speed. He slashes quickly, being able to rush an opponent and switch between dagger slashes/thrusts and punches/kicks.
    Appearance- Avarice is slightly muscular, and a little taller than Hughes. He wears the standard Military uniform with a jacket that is a little too big. He always wear black gloves, hiding human colored talons underneath; His toes are talons, taking almost half of his foot's length. He has white hair that he keeps slicked back underneath his hat. His eyes are gold and perfectly round, resembling an eagle's. When revealing his true nature, his talons become sharper and longer. His hands harden and turn dark while his pinky merges with his ring finger and his middle finger with his index finger. His lips pull back and his teeth turn a light brown, growing and hardening, extending past his lips to form an actual beak.

2. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Lol, no wonder people don't join my FMA RP. you already had one.

3. Krown King's Apprentice

lol =DDDDDDDD

4. Hiro ✩ Guardian

And so, KingdomCrown Realizes that I feel pretty stupid right now XD

5. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Technically no.
    If you check the date this thread was posted, it was just yesterday. So no offence, but if no one is joining your RP, it's because no one is joining it. Not because of a thread that has just started.
    I mean, considering how long your RP has been about, if no one has joined it, you can't blame this RP for that.

Although, I'm gonna take it that you realised this yourself based on your last post.

Also, I feel I should add that if you're gonna post in an OOC thread, it should actually be for something relevant to the RP rather than to just make an irrelevant comment about another RP entirely.
    It can be seen as rather disrespectful posting such a thing like you did when the RP is looking for prospective new members.

~

Now to get back on topic and follow my own advice.
    Garx!
    How many more characters are we looking to fill? (or how many more RPers do we want for this?) XD

6. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Well if that's the case, I may as well join this one.
    I'd like to be Envy, Lan Fan and Fu if possible please

7. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Ventus108, I've put you down as Fu and Envy; Lan Fan is mine, sorry. (:
    HOWEVER! If you are joining mine just because yours "failed" then I have to ask you to not bother. I don't want any sour attitudes here. The first time I had this up (back in '09) it was fairly popular so I can see why new people want to join this reboot of it. It doesn't have anything to do with your RP being "good" or "bad."

Bushy! :<3: I'd like to start when our lovely Webhead is back from his studies. I think we've got a fair cast right now and I'll just fill in characters wherever we need them.

Now the question is: WHERE/WHEN do we start? I've given this some thought and I still haven't come to a decision. I know that we're starting after Ed has become a State Alchemist (I believe that's after Nina but I might be wrong) but exactly where/when I'm not sure.

8. Snow Princess King's Apprentice

I think that starting when Ed is already the Fullmetal Alchemist would be good; that's how Brotherhood began and it really made the story start in a more interesting part and made things move along faster. If we need to go back to anything before that point, flashbacks are always possible with some coordination ^.^ But yes... that's my opinion on the subject. I can't wait till Webhead does come back so we can start! :D

9. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

^^ I 2nd that <3

Username- Kingdom Hearts530
    Name (full)- Adriana Maria Mustang
    Age- 15
    Gender- Female
    Background (DETAILS! Include is/ is not an alchemist)- Adriana was born to doctors Maria and Joshua Carter. Her parents were called out to the Ishvalan war and later died in a fire.(Roy had nothing to do with that btw) From then on she was raised by Chris Mustang and then on she was taught by her Uncle Roy to do Flame Alchemy, the only Alchemy she knows how to use. She met with the Elrics before Ed became a state alchemist. She currently travels with them. She also wears the same gloves as her Uncle <3
    Appearance-
    [​IMG]
    with gloves

I finally finished it! Thank God!

10. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Kingdom Hearts530:
    1) Read the rules. You didn't.
    2) You didn't talk to me about having a relationship with a cannon character. I would allow it, but Roy has no brothers or sister so he can't have a niece.
    3) I will not allow any other character to use flame alchemy. Roy is the only one.
    4) State Alchemists MUST be 24 years of age with an appropriate background of training and studying.
    5) What reason does she have for being with the Elrics? How did she meet them?
    6) Did you notice how "details" is in all caps with an exclamation point? Yeah. I want paragraphs for the bios of OCs for this RP. LOTS of DETAIL.

11. Hiro ✩ Guardian

No prob and that's not why. I just get bored easily :P

12. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

Username- TwilightBlader
    Name (full)- Geis Rez (Blade)
    Age- 20
    Gender- Male
    Background –
    Geis was born and raised in Ishval. As a child he began to start his training to become an Ishvalan monk, but eventually the Ishvalan Civil War prevented him from this training and made it difficult to even survive.

Losing his parents from the civil strife, Geis started to fend for himself until finally his life made a drastic change. Upon King Bradley’s order to eliminate all Ishvalans, Geis lost his left arm from the raid of Alchemists. Banding together with a group of Ishvalans, they attempted to flee the chaotic Ishbal. Unfortunately during their attempt they were spotted buy some soldiers and attacked. Having been able to escape, Geis was able to survive, but lost his right arm and his comrades in the process.

Aimlessly, Geis walked on as far as he could until he finally fell unconscious. It was by a stroke of luck that an old Amestrian automail mechanic named Dolan was passing by during one of his trips. Taking in Geis, he treated Geis’ wounds and looked after him.

Although at first Geis couldn’t trust the old mechanic at first, he eventually he grew to respect and trust Dolan. Having been crafted with two new automail arms and gone through the recovery process in a around 2 years, Geis decided to leave Amestris once rumours started to spread about an Ishvalan staying at Dolan’s place. Ever since then he started to search for a new place to stay.

At the age of 13 his travels led him to the country of Xing, where he started his new life. Interested in the Xingese martial artists, Geis began to search for a master to train under. He succeeded in finding a master to train under and managed to train under him for years, mastering the skills. Ever since joining Xing he changed his name to Blade. Every year he would pay a visit to Dolan to have his automail arms checked, modified, or repaired.

Geis can seem to be a serious guy but the truth is he loves to goof off when ever he can. He is very skilled in Xingenes martial art but tends to add in whatever little experience he had in Ishvalan martial arts. His views on Amestrians are mixed. Although he hates them for what they did to his people he still cant fully hate them due to Dolan's kindness
    Appearance-
    [​IMG]
    Like all Ishvalans his eyes are red coloured. His face is always covered with a mask that is similar to Fuu and Lan Fan only with tinted lenses covering the eye part to hide his red eyes. He also hides his automail arms with a pair of gloves

13. Snow Princess King's Apprentice

Hey there, Twilightblader. Your OC is alright, but there are a few changes that need to be made in order for Garxena to approve it completely and for you to start posting:

1. Someone (regardless of their race) would NOT be able to recover from any automail attachment in just a "couple of months," especially BOTH of their arms. Remember how Edward was barely able to go through the feat of recovering from an arm and a leg being put on in a full year? That in itself is a lot to go through, so you'll need to change that bit of your character to the usual required automail recovery period: 2 years. Considering that you have your character around 13 when his automail is attached and his current age is 20, this isn't a big change in his actual development.

2. A foreigner (let alone an Ishvalan) would NOT be allowed to serve in the royal guard of Xing. The Xingese people considered it an honor to serve the princes and princesses of the royal family, something that was passed down through their own family lines for generations. They would not let an outsider, especially a foreigner, into this position.

However! There are two options to fixing this issues: You can change the nationality of your character to Xingese, that way having him in the royal guard of one of the princes of the country would be believable. OR... you can keep him an Ishvalan, but not a member of the guard protecting Ling. He could still have gone to Xing, trained under a master, and learned the arts, but as an Ishvalan foreigner, he couldn't occupy this position.

I'm relaying this information from Garxena directly because she isn't able to be online at the moment. You can submit your changes here on the OCC thread in another character form, or just PM the modifications to Garxena herself in order to get your character approved.

Thanks!

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

Quick question, does our have to be a state alchemist to use alchemy

15. Snow Princess King's Apprentice

To answer your question, no, your OC does not need to be a State Alchemist in order to use alchemy (remember Izumi and Hohenhiem.) Feel free to submit an OC anytime! ^.^

16. CrownMoksha Decimo

Username- Master of Keyblades
    Name (full)- Shane Riley
    Age- 16
    Gender- male
    Background (DETAILS! Include is/ is not an alchemist)- Most of Shane’s childhood was spent with him being by himself or getting into fights. He never really hung out with anyone unless his brother gave him a little push. It seemed that as long as his brother was with him he manages to make friends easier. When his brother got call to serve in the Ishvalen War, his old habits came back to life. He tried his best to keep from getting into fights, but they would never let up. After about two days of this, Shane decided to limit his interaction with others. He soon found this boring a decided to pick up a book on alchemy. Once he started reading, he began learning more and more about it. Even trying to transmute one thing to another.

By the time he was 14, he had read enough on alchemy so that he was somewhat skilled at it, especially anything beging made out of ice, he decided to pay the people that he always got into fights with a little visit. Once they had found him, Shane quickly took care of them with his alchemy by simply scaring them off. Proud of his victory he set off for home, completely unaware that one of them had return with a knife planning to get revenge. Unfortunately it didn't end well, Shane's left arm was injured to the point of it being useless. Grabbing his arm, he made his way to the nearest automail shop. As soon as he got through the door he collapsed, only to wake up later with an automail attached to his left arm. Before he left the shop, he was told that it would take some time before he could adjust to this. So he spent his time reading more on alchemy until he’d fully adapted to his arm. Once he was fully confident in his arm, he left his home to see the rest of the world
    Appearance- White t-shirt under his jacket and automail left arm he hides under a glove.
    [​IMG]

17. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Alrighty; Shane is accepted. Just so you know, the recovery period for automail is around 2 years; but you didn't mention years so I don't know how you want to incorporate the recovery period or what age he got his automail. Also, most alchemists find a niche of alchemy to fit into (for example Edward being best with metal transmutations and Roy with flames) but it's not necessary for an amateur civilian alchemist.

18. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Just wondering, Garx, did you ever find Avarice's OC form?

19. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

You mean this? 8D

Yeah I did. ^^

20. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Thanks~
    So uh...*copy/paste*

Username- Ramen-kun
    Name- Rhone "Avarice" Dice
    Age- 21
    Gender- Male
    Background- Not an Alchemist. A high ranking officer under Hughes' command in the military. Avarice is a relatively new recruit to the military, joining shortly before Ed. He is one of Greed's Chimera, his DNA mixed with that from a eagle. Greed had supplied him with the necessary papers and fake background to join the military. He was tested in in Lab 5 with the other of Greed's Chimera. His experimentation went slightly farther than the rest and is more developed with his abilities. He had abandoned his name. Greed named him Avarice due to their similar personalities. He uses an assumed name of Rhone Dice for his identity. No one knows of his true self yet.
    He fights with two long daggers, each about as long as his forearm. He is faster and stronger than most humans. His fighting style uses his daggers in synch with his speed. He slashes quickly, being able to rush an opponent and switch between dagger slashes/thrusts and punches/kicks.
    Appearance- Avarice is slightly muscular, and a little taller than Hughes. He wears the standard Military uniform with a jacket that is a little too big. He always wear black gloves, hiding human colored talons underneath; His toes are talons, taking almost half of his foot's length. He has white hair that he keeps slicked back underneath his hat. His eyes are gold and perfectly round, resembling an eagle's. When revealing his true nature, his talons become sharper and longer. His hands harden and turn dark while his pinky merges with his ring finger and his middle finger with his index finger. His lips pull back and his teeth turn a light brown, growing and hardening, extending past his lips to form an actual beak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.