Chain of Memories One of the More Overlooked Elements of CoM

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by A Zebra, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Eric Luna Destiny Islands Resident

Chain of memories Is great but the way the map cards are selected doesn't help.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Games that remade KHI:
    • Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
    • Kingdom Hearts I.5 ReMIX

Chain of Memories and coded have wildly different plots from KHI. They use the same worlds as the first Kingdom Hearts, but that's as far as the plot similarities go. The stories within the worlds have some of the same elements, but are retooled to fit the main story of the games they're in. The reasons for those games going back through the KHI worlds is because each time, they're revisiting Sora's memories. In CoM, it's through Castle Oblivion and its card system, and in coded it's through Jiminy's Journal. But outside of the worlds, the plots are entirely new creatures.

3. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I think he meant thematically, which means Coded would get roped into that as well. And maybe Days to a lesser extent.

4. A Zebra Chaser

Yes, but what he meant was that people are too quick to say "Oh look, this has the same worlds as KH1, therefore it's the same"
    It's funny, because a common complaint about KH is that the Disney Worlds have next to no impact on the story, yet we judge the originality of the plot by the number of reused Disney worlds

5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Ah I see. And eh, y'know, double standards. I don't think the Disney worlds have a huge effect on the plot at large, but plot is not all that writing is regardless. 'Course I'm pretty sure I've said my piece on that a dozen times, and this isn't really the place.

6. Willis Haughey Merlin's Housekeeper

Chain of Memories and Re:CoM are my favorite games in the series because of both story and gameplay. That's all I've really got to add to that lol. I just play the games over and over again and love the storyline, I don't really bother trying to rank the games or judge them for how well they are written on how well they play. I simply just play them. :/

I guess I'm a little too obsessed with the series, haha. I am heavily biased, I love them all equally. Square Enix could take a dump and package it as a Kingdom Hearts game and I'd buy it. No lie.

7. Eric Luna Destiny Islands Resident

Nobody will judge you; at least not me.