Television Once Upon a Time in Wonderland

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Hyuge ✧, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

So far, I haven't found anyone on KHV that's actually watching it. If you're into the main show, I think you'll like it. Because stories and magic have already been thoroughly introduced, this one gets action - packed and attention grabbing right on the first episode. There's no having to wait two seasons for magicalness to actually take place.

Any who, last night I watched the finale, but since my access to the outside world is limited, I didn't realize it was the series finale until like the last 2 minutes. I really hoped it would swing a second season or everyone would wind up in Storybrooke, but I think the writers wrapped it up nicely considering they were given the heads up after like episode 3 I think that the likelihood of the show being canceled was high.

I want more! // throws tantrums // Though I did read online that the Knave will in fact being joining the OUT cast. I'm wondering if it will be about his life prior to returning to Wonderland, considering he and Anastasia are now the happy White King and Queen rather than her being the lonely Red Queen.

2. Cherry Berry Chaser

YOU WATCH IT TOO?!? OMGQKSJDNDBQKSHSJJA

Ahem *clears throat*

I wasn't sure about this series first when I first started watching it, to be honest! As I was really into the parent OUAT series I was worried that the story would not pan out so well but OH MY GOD WAS I WRONG!!

Everything from Alice's disappearance's, Jafar's messed up personality and lifestyle to the hunting down of Cyrus's mother and the KnavexAnastasia moments... Brilliant! I love how they did justice to the storyline (had slightly better graphics than OUAT at SOME POINTS, and well, executed a much darker story which I absolutely adored. I honestly feel bad for Anastasia though (along with Jafar for the father he ended up with), girl be constantly playing with fire! Hence her death in the second last episode after true love's kiss with le Knave.

I haven't watched the finale episode yet, gotta catch up on it, but I am severely disappointed that they aren't going for a second series :c Super glad though the Knave's coming into OUAT though!

I wanted more Jafar x Jabberwocky.
    I have a need for sassy, ruthless Jafar who will do anything to get his father's attention. (Does this mean either him or his brother has been interpreted as princess Jasmine? kanskdbdkajdbaksbd)

3. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Cherry! Oh thank glob!
    The finale is good, but not great. You are definitely left wanting to know more about everyone's stories, but it definitely ties the series up nicely. There's no dramatic cliffhangers or open - endedness. I was truly disappointed with how many bad reviews the show got considering there is just so much to work with. They could have done a lot and personally, I really hoped for more of the back stories.

I was looking forward to finally seeing Cora as the Queen of Hearts, but then she was only there for like one episode which was disappointing. I had really been hoping for back stories with Alice as a child on her original trip to Wonderland, meeting Jefferson [[ the Hatter ]] and the door mouse.
    [​IMG]
    I know his work schedule is busy with Captain America(?) but I had hoped ABC would be able to rope him into a few episodes considering he is never in OUT.

Plus, OUTiW has more dreamy boys! While I do like Cyrus's exoticness:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I prefer the Knave. I'm glad this isn't the last we'll see of him. Though, I really hope it will be new content with him, not just Storybrooke back story. That would be disappointing, because I love him and Anastasia together.
    [​IMG]
    It took me some time to figure out just who Anastasia was exactly. The first time will said her name and we were still clueless to Anna being the Red Queen, all I could think of was the movie Anastasia about the Russian princess. They never came right out and said 'she's one of Cinderella's ugly step - sisters, but eventually the clues were all up in your face and I found it very interesting to see that side of the story. We don't see much of Ashley in OUT, watching an entire show about her elder step - sister was pretty great. I really want them both to be in OUT, not just Will. I'd also like to see how Anastasia and Ashley / Cinderella were to treat each other after everything that has happened and them both finding royalty and whatnot.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  4. Cherry Berry Chaser

As an overall series, I believe it to be slightly better than OUAT itself (considering the latest episode and how it left me feeling about Neal's funeral), but I do agree with you that on this finale, whilst it was good as it were... it could have been even better c: I wished it had gone on a little longer than just this series or 13 episodes, but at least it's like you said, it ties the bow quite nicely for a finale.

Peh! Those rotten tomato reviews for any film/show should always be taken with a bit of salt c: Most of them need a good night's sleep (or a pick me up) as sometimes there is never something good to say from those critics. More backstories would have been sextant-ellent.

I AM SUPER DISAPPOINT THAT THERE WAS NO MAD HATTER. And a lack of Cora. There should have been more of both of them, even if it were just through backstories... ARGH THEY HAD SUCH POTENTIALLLLLLLLLLLL THERE WHY D:

It does make up for some fallbacks having the *drool* gorgeous guys and gals on OUATiW 8) I think personally if we had Cyrus's looks and the Knave (Will's) personality, we'd have a sizzling hot male lead 8)

[​IMG]

I'm surprised they didn't go down the route of Anastasia having been the Russian princess. Though I loved the plot twist as to her being one of the ugly stepsisters to Cinderella. But seriously, Anna's so pretty I don't even with this ugly merde 8( And making a whole show about her 8) I absolutely loved Anastasia's backstory, how she descended from being this simple, sweet woman in love with the Knave to becoming the Red Queen. The reason she kept on the charade of being Red queen stemmed from her neglectful mother, who wanted her to marry into royalty rather than love *SOBS*.

I am mighty upset with the fact that they could have used the Jabberwocky up, to wreak some serious havoc.

[​IMG]

Overall, 8/10 for the show c: Can't wait to see the Knave in action on OUAT!