Kingdom Hearts Olympus Coliseum Seeds

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Amaury, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

I've been curious about this for a while, as I don't understand it.

For this example, I will be using the Hades Cup. When you do it for the first time, the first round is Seed #49 and the last round is Seed #2. However, if you get knocked out during it and have to try again or you're just going through it again, the first round is Seed #50 and the last round is Seed #1.

I don't get it.

2. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

I have no idea of what you're trying convey. Please elucidate.
    EDIT: Oh, I see.

3. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Like what hatok said, you're one of the seeds. When you beat the Rock Titan, you're the first seed, which makes you champion.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

I elaborated plenty.

It doesn't make sense for the first one.

5. Krowley Moderator

There are 49 rounds of enemies, from the Shadows brothers, to Rock Titan.
    When first entering you, the player are competing for the 49th seed position.
    When you get to the Rock Titan Battle, you are both competing for top spot. If you should win, you win the rank of 1st seed, lose, and the 1st spot is unclaimed by you or the rock Titan. You are placed in whatever wave you lost (So probably 2 if it was against the Titan)

With that in mind, the next time you enter, every seed is moved back one with you placed in the roster.
    Shadow Brothers are 50, and Rock Titan is still #1.
    You must now compete for the 50th spot, and fight through all the hordes until you reach the Rock Titan, passing your spot at number 2.

So it should look like this BEFORE you lose to Rock Titan;

49. Shadow Brothers
    2. Final Batallion
    1. Rock Titan

And then it should look like this AFTER you lose to Rock Titan;

50. Shadow Brothers
    3. Final Batallion
    2. Sora
    1. Rock Titan

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

Ah, so in both cases, whether the first round is Seed #49 or Seed #50, the last round is always Seed #1?

What about in the event that you lose on, say, the Yuffie round and have to start over? Why does the first round go from Seed #49 to Seed #50? You lost, you're not going through it again.

7. Krowley Moderator

Edited my last post with a short explanation on that.
    There are 49 contending teams, with you making 50. Whatever round you lose on (Yuffie is 44) You are placed one position behind them. (So you would be 45)

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

Ah, now I get it! When you first start, Sora is Seed #50 -- last place. As rounds are won, Sora moves up. For example, the round before Yuffie is Seed #46, with Yuffie obviously being Seed #45. Sora and party lose to Yuffie, but since he's won rounds up to this point, Sora himself is now Seed #45 and all enemy groups you already beat are a rank lower (e.g., Shadow Brothers are now Seed #50) and Yuffie will be Seed #44.