Of Monsters and Men

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Magick, Sep 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

The Story

The land is torn apart by rebellion. Monsters scour the earth in search of victims. The king is too weak to be able to effectively rule, and in his stead armies tear apart the countryside, burning villages and ruining lives. In the wake of all this conflict, two sides have risen up against each other. The dopplers, misunderstood and downtrodden, using the conflict to their advantage to try and elevate their status in the world, and the witchers, oppressors of monsters and saviors of mankind, trying to stop them.

Which side will you take? Whose fight will you support? In this world of monsters and men, there are no right or wrong choices. Welcome to the Witcher.

Monsters
    I realize this is only a fraction of the monsters in the Witcher universe. If you wish to fight a certain creature but do not see it here, send me a message and I’ll link and tier it. Monsters are listed from weakest to strongest. You can easily take on a drowner or noonwraith alone, but a vampire or leshen will require preparation and/or teamwork.

In order to prepare for your monster fighting, you can use magic, brew healing potions, and concoct oils to put on your weapons. Because this is a simplified version, the only oils used will be beast, necromorph, cursed, and relic. There is a category by each monster’s species that will tell you which oil to use.

-Beast-

-Necromorph-
    -Cursed-
    • Noonwraiths
    • Nightwraith
    • Berserkers (For the purposes of this RP they will only be able to change into large bears.)
    • Werewolves (For the purposes of this RP, if you fight a werewolf at the full moon, you will either need a large group of people, or you will need an adult very very badly. (In other words there will be lots of damage.))
    • Sirens
    • Vampires
    -Relic-

Races

Mages: Sorcerers or Sorceresses that have been trained to control the four elements. They age slower than normal humans and can transport themselves long distances in the blink of an eye. They are also infertile. Druids are mages that live with nature. You can choose to be proficient in one or all four of the elements, but the more you choose, the weaker you will be in each area. Focusing in one will make you stronger as a mage. All adult mages that have been trained are able to teleport themselves using a portal.

All mages are weakened by dimeritium bombs. The metal can be melded into chains to keep the mage from escaping.

Dopplers: shapshifters that can take the form of any human being they see. When not changed in the form of a human have a troll like appearance. They can copy the voice and mannerisms of their intended target, as well as birth and scar marks. They cannot collect memories, and cannot copy the clothing or tools.

Dopplers are vulnerable to silver in any form.

Witcher: Humans that have been taken and extensively trained, physically and mentally conditioned to become monster slayers. They are able to use a special brand of magic, concoct potions that are poisonous to anyone else, and have increased physical speed, strength, reflexes and endurance.

Witchers have amber eyes with cat pupils that allow them to see in the dark, increased resistance to all disease and poisons, increased life spans, and they are infertile. They are proficient in the Five Signs, but normally pick two to specialize in.

They carry two swords, a steel for men and beasts, and a silver for monsters. They also wear a medallion given only to their kind that vibrates when in the presence of monsters. This includes dopplers.

Witchers can use their medallions to communicate long distances, but only the oldest of the witchers can try to specifically reach another. And just because you call, doesn't always mean there will be an answer, or the message will be understood. Please do not abuse this system, or I will add a regulator to it as well.

Witcher and Human magic
    • Aard - telekinetic burst of energy
    • Axii -momentary mind control, causing the enemy to become dazed
    • Igni -a burst of fire erupts from your palm.
    • Quen - a magical shield that protects the caster for a few minutes
    • Yrden -creates a magical, stationary circle that slows down enemies that enter
    Humans: The main inhabitants of this RP. Humans are able to take care of monsters on their own, but only with the appropriate tools. They are unable to use magic except for the five signs, but can brew potions and hold various occupations. Humans can only use any two of the Five Signs.

Rules

1. You can have both a mage and a witcher, but you must then create a third character, either human or doppler. Plz.

2. There is an ongoing story, but no one will be forced to participate. If you do take a pivotal role, you will be required to keep up with it as necessary. Deviations are allowed, but must be run by me first.

3. If you’re going to do something that could dramatically alter anything, please run it by me first.

4. This rule combines with #12. There will be some situations, approved by me as the RP creator, where death is inevitable. When this is not the case, please have the character owner's permission to maim or murder their creation. In such cases that it is inevitable, you will be given at least two chances to escape said situation.

5. No godmodding. Please and thank you.

6. No character limit, but please keep up with the ones you have.

7. Keep it appropriate by KHV rules.

8. Minimum post length is three sentences. Please.

9. Please at least commit to posting once a week. I understand we all have outside lives, but be considerate.

10. I realize that with the application of magic there is a high potential to be overpowered. Play nicely and fairly. No, your mage can't create an earthquake that rocks the entire hemisphere.

11. (Pertains to mages only) For any and all portals, unless I state otherwise, there will need to be a location roll. This is to keep the system from being abused. Please contact me by skype or PM for this.

12. Besides the use of magic and magical creatures, this RP is to be as realistic as possible. That means no bullsh*t escapes from bad situations, no deus ex machina unless approved by me. Expect consequences for your actions. This rule combines with #4, and all such inevitable death situations are run by me first.

Character Application

Username:
    Character Name:
    Race:
    Appearance:
    Bio:
    Weapons (Note: for Witchers you will only be able to use a silver and steel sword. The type of sword can vary):
    Secondary Weapon (Long bow, short bow, or crossbow. Can also be left as N/A):
    Powers (For Mages Only):
    Other:

Notes
    I will consider letting people enter as werewolves, vampires, and beserkers, but please get the okay from me first, and when you ask, have a good idea of why you want to have a character like that. No "because I want to." There needs to be good story and future plots for said character.

For now, only Velen, Novigrad, Oxenfurt, Kaer Moren and Vizima have been included. If enough players want to have Skellige added, I will consider it. For the sake of travel times, any areas outside of those places listed above have been removed.

Red indicates Archon's borders, Yellow for the Witchers, Orange for Small Rebellions, and Black for Nilfgard.
    [​IMG]
    I'll try to update the map as necessary
    For a bigger map....
    [DOUBLEPOST=1442851742][/DOUBLEPOST]

Weather

[​IMG]

Dawn Morning Noon Afternoon Dusk Twilight Midnight
    January February March April May June July August September October November December
    Hot Warm Mild Chilly Cold Sunny Cloudy Overcast
    Breezy Windy Thunderstorm Lightning-storm Snowstorm Drizzle Rain Downpour Light Snow Heavy Snow

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  2. Glen Returned from the dead

Username: Glen
    Character Name: Yana Aegrum
    Race: Mage
    Appearance: Here
    Bio:
    Born in the coastal city of Gors Velen, Yana was raised among several fishermen, one of which happened to be her father. Her mother did not have an occupation, always dedicating her time to looking after little Yana Aegrum. That bothered Yana immensely; she hated her parents. They never did anything wrong to her, she just liked hurting people a little too much.

At the age of 5, Yana's powers as a mage awoke within her. She began experimenting with her power over the element of fire and dark fire, and got a little stronger. Every so often she would use it on children around the city, and their parents did not take kindly to this whatsoever. They remained quiet out of fear of their child and her sadistic nature.

At 8 years old, Yana finally went too far. A child was found dead, scorch marks all over her body. Immediately people went and accused Yana of it, to which she admitted burning her with a giddy look on her face, saying the girl was practically asking for it. The people tried to take Yana away there and then, but the moment the leader put a hand on her he began screaming as his skin began burning only moments before the rest of his body was ignited.

Yana's parents moved to stop her, but they hadn't even gotten close to her before they, too, were ignited. In less than five minutes, there was a room for of screaming, burning people at the hands of an eight year old pyromaniac, and seconds after that the rest of the house became engulfed in flames too.

The next day, a team was sent to investigate what had happened. They could only deduce that a fire had claimed the lives of all inside, and initially they thought something had gone wrong trying to cook food. However, on closer inspection they saw a note. It was a confession note reading as follows:

"You can try to lock me up all you like, but if you touch me you'll burn. All of you will burn. You're welcome : )
    ~ Yana Aegrum"

Yana continued her killings, often leaving nothing but a pile of ash where she went. This continued right up to and after the age of 20, where she had a shock. She'd gone and roasted another family, as was becoming common practice, but amidst the burning rubble the daughter there had stood completely still, not making a noise or showing any fear. This one interested her, so Yana took her with her, deciding that she would be her apprentice whether she liked it or not. That would be fun
    Weapons: Has a magical orb attached to a gauntlet on her right arm. If she begins channeling her magical power through the orb, the orb detaches from the gauntlet and floats in the air, suspended by her magical power. When she stops using it the orb falls back into place.
    Secondary Weapon: N/A
    Powers (For Mages Only):
    -Witch's Curse: Where she walks, the environment withers slightly; it doesn't die completely, but it slowly decays, a dead giveaway for when she is nearby.
    - Spiritwalker: Yana has practiced in necromancy, and while it isn't as powerful as her fire magic she is certainly a competent necromancer. As such, she has the ability to speak with the recently departed.
    -Resurrection: After focusing for a large period of time, Yana has the ability to resurrect a dead body, giving the being life once more. She rarely uses this due to her love for murder, but the ability is there.
    -Reanimation: Through the power of necromancy Yana partially revives a body. The body does as Yana wills it to, though she has to be focusing immensely the entire time or else the spell fizzles and the corpse returns to its original state of being.
    - Blazing Inferno: Using her power over the element of fire, Yana creates a large, black fireball in front of her, before commanding the fireball to float into the air and explode, showering the area around with searing, smaller fireballs of dark energy.
    - Heatwave: Pretty simple. Yana releases a wave of dark-orange flames around her, damaging everything around her and potentially setting all those nearby ablaze.
    - Flame Wall: Do I even need to describe this? It's a literal wall of fire.
    - Disciple of the flame: Being a mage that specializes in the element of fire, Yana has near immunity to flame-based spells and attacks.
    - Incineration
    -Firestorm Creation
    -Flame Generation: Creates fire where the user specifies. More fire takes more energy and smaller flames take less. Fairly simple stuff.

Will edit in more as I think of them
    Other: I TOLD YOU I'D BE FIRST YEAH SUCK IT GARRETT

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  3. Aelin Best Waifu

Username: AelinFireheart
    Character Name: Annabelle Fisher
    Appearance: ~~~
    Bio: Annabelle's parents were killed when she was four by a sadistic young woman. The child, instead of crying, she began to throw powerful magic at the lady. The girl herself was a strong mage but her power lacked form, her mind lacked direction. The girl didn't show much emotion in the situation, though she was frightened to no end. She couldn't show much emotion she didn't know how. The woman who killed her family, Yana Aegrum took advantage of this, taking the girl under her wing like a little minion to do her work. Yana started training Annabelle in a rather brutal manner, showing the girl little mercy and teaching her to survive and be stronger since Yana didn't go easy on her with assaults, instead bringing the child close to death numerous times and the moment she could move again she would be back at training or serving Yana. This has been about all that young Annabelle's life has consisted of thus far.
    Weapons (Note: for Witchers you will only be able to use a silver and steel sword. The type of sword can vary): N/A
    Secondary Weapon (Long bow, short bow, or crossbow. Can also be left as N/A): N/A
    Powers (For Mages Only):
    Earth manipulation: Can take elements from the earth such as dirt and shape them to her will
    Golem Creation: Can create a living golem out of boulders and dirt and such and maintain it for a short period
    Psammokinesis : can control and manipulate sand
    Deoxygenation - suck up all the oxygen from a place.
    Dehydration - absorb water.
    Other:

Username: AelinFireheart
    Character Name: Seth Semour
    Race: Doppler
    Bio: Seth has nothing remarkable about him. He is just a trouble maker that enjoys going around taking others skins, messing with people near by, then changing back into his favourite skin to wear. He has no reason to like or hate anyone he just kind of exists. He lives by wearing other skins of people to steal things and then changes again before he can get caught.
    Weapons (Note: for Witchers you will only be able to use a silver and steel sword. The type of sword can vary): Steel Sword
    Secondary Weapon (Long bow, short bow, or crossbow. Can also be left as N/A): N/A
    Powers (For Mages Only):
    Other:

4. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

This guy is no more

Username: Vladek515
    Character Name: Raymond Mercator
    Race: Human
    Appearance: Tall, muscular man, with a slightly tanned skin from working in the fields. The lines on his face filled with dirt. His clear blue eyes set in contrast against his dirty darkened skin. He keeps his blond hair relatively short so it is easier to keep clean. He wears peasant clothing, but still has his Aedirnian armour set hidden away, looking like the chap on the right with the addition of a shield: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...ttle-06.png/revision/latest?cb=20120111010103
    Bio:Raymond was the son of a farmer in Aedirn, growing up in a little hamlet west of Aldersberg, he grew up and from a young age was taught the necesarry skills, helping across the farm including repairing the farmhouse and construction, a little bit of carpentry, the skills required to farm. One afternoon, getting closer to noon, when Raymond was about 8, his father had been saved by a witcher, though wounded, his father would pull through, the man had been kind enough to charge nothing but his mother offered him a place to stay for the night and some food for the road, Raymond had never forgotten that day and because of it didn't share the popular opinion of Witchers being evil and only wanting to see gold. When his father was recovering much of the responsibility regarding the farm befell Raymond and his younger brothers. His family was supposed to give one manof age to the armies of Aedirn, the Lord had levied some men including Raymond to deal with a nest of bandits they were led by Karel of Alderburg and it was Raymond's first combat experience. The years passed by relatively uneventful, with a marriage resulting in two sons and a few more calls to arms, once on the battlefield with the black ones when they came to annex Aedirn which had been plunged into chaos after the assasination of King Demavend. He had been left for dead on the field of battle and remained still until nightfall before getting away, making a splint for his leg, he travelled back to his hamlet, but the fires he saw and the screams he heard made him think it was a lost cause and he never checked home, he had to get away, lest he get persecuted and killed himself. He kept his Aedirnian armour and weapons but wore the clothes of a peasant to avoid suspicion, his initial plan was to go to Vizima, but after hearing that Temeria was a lost cause too, he traveled onwards setting his sights upon Oxenfurt, traveling the roads eventually making it there, trying to rebuild his life in peace.
    Weapons: Aedirnian Red Sword
    Secondary Weapon: Crossbow
    Powers (For Mages Only): -
    Other: Due to him being a farm he has become a bit of a Jack-of-all-trades, knowing how to do a lot of things, but excelling only in one or two

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  5. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

All accepted.

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

Username: Takeru Tenkuji
    Character Name: Krylen Seiker
    Race: Witcher
    Appearance: ~
    Bio: TBA
    Weapons (Note: for Witchers you will only be able to use a silver and steel sword. The type of sword can vary): The sword in the image, just made of silver and steel
    Secondary Weapon (Long bow, short bow, or crossbow. Can also be left as N/A): The other sword in the image also made of silver and steel
    Powers (For Mages Only): N/A
    Other:

Character Name: Kruez Tepens
    Appearance: ~!
    Weapons (Note: for Witchers you will only be able to use a silver and steel sword. The type of sword can vary): The gun in the image.
    Secondary Weapon (Long bow, short bow, or crossbow. Can also be left as N/A): Another gun.
    Powers (For Mages Only): TBA
    Other:

Character Name: Sweallow Cawter
    Race: Doppel
    Appearance: ~!~
    Weapons (Note: for Witchers you will only be able to use a silver and steel sword. The type of sword can vary): Sword.
    Other:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  7. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Username: GarrettFinch
    Character Name: William Snow
    Appearance: this
    Will Snow banner.png

Bio: Will, lived a rather normal life, training with magic and getting better at it everyday. At a very young age he found that he could move the wind and water at will. He loved reading ad playing. He was rather smart for his age. One day he was sent to a cave to look for resources. The cave was wet and lined with various stone. He did not see anything of value. Maybe there was a under water he could find. He walked some more until he found a large deep water basin. He could use his magic to move the water but that would use up a lot of magic. Magic he could use later. He took of his sweeter and threw it to the ground. Getting ready to jump in. Unknown to him he was being followed, but someone sent to kill him. The man set to kill him was unusual at best. You shall die here the man had said before the man shot a sharp wind blast at Will. At the last possible moment he was able to move the water to defeat the incoming attack, but he did not for see what may come of that. He managed to save him self, but the result of the attack left him frozen in ice and snow. The last thing he could here from his assassin was, "This was better then I thought it could be, no one will find you and will die at one time". He watched him grab his sweeter and leave, but watched the man drop it at the entrance of the cave. The result of being frozen was that his body did not seem to age and he was able to live by slowing his body down. He did not know how long he could do it for. His hair turned from brown to white from being frozen.
    Weapons mage staff
    Secondary Weapon: Na
    Powers (For Mages Only):
    Water, wind magic
    Water use: Will is able to move water and use it in various ways.
    Wind use: Will is able to move wind and use it in various ways.
    Water power: Will is able to use water to heal others or himself, he can also restore his manna by sitting in water (manna is relative to the time spent in water)
    Wind flight: Will is able to move the wind around him for a short time to be able to fly.
    Super power: Will is able to use wind and water together to make ice and sow and use it as a weapon.
    Other: carries a contaner for water.

Character Name: Olivia Fulmar
    Olivia Fulmar banner.png

Bio: At The age of 5 Olivia's town was attacked by werewolves, Sirens vampires and other creepy creatures of the dark and night. Her town was completely destroyed. She was able to get away and find her way to a new town. A Witcher from Kaer Morhen investigated the town Olivia was from They found her and trained her as a Witcher. While it was unusual for a Witcher to be trained the Witcher that found her was all, but to happy to do it. From then on she set out to ride the world of all the creepy creatures of the dark and night. The Witcher gave her new family and they were all to happy to take he in. At first she was surprise by the kindness of others, but as time went on she learned that was just how people were. She was able to start training at a young age to fight the creepy creatures of the dark and night. At she got older she was able to kill a few and did not mind it at all. She left the town and met many Witchers around.
    Weapons: silver and steel sword.
    Secondary Weapon: crossbow
    Powers (For Mages Only): Na
    Other:

Character Name: Ava Cross
    Race: Dropper
    Appearance: This
    ava cross banner.png

Bio: at the age of 17 she ordered an attack on a town, because a near by mine was said to have lots of gold and riches beyond what anyone would think of. She was able to get any to get anything she wanted by her looks she able turn to anyone so her appearance was not a issue. If was able to control monsters too. Everyone died in that town or so she thought. Unknown t her a young girl, by the name Olivia was able to get away. Years went by with nothing really happening. She was fond a cave that was said to have gold in it. She loved gold and anything that was worth money. All she found in the cave was a young man frozen in ice. Well he was not going to be moving anytime soon so she took his appearance. Later she was able to find the village that the man lived in and his house going and taking his cloths to complete her act. After that she was able to completely destroying the village, burning it to the ground.
    Weapons: a mirror, and sword
    Secondary Weapon: crossbow
    Powers (For Mages Only): na
    Other:

You failed at the spoiler :p

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  8. Glen Returned from the dead

Character Name: Callum Crux
    Appearance: Here
    Bio:
    Callum's father was an abusive one and a raging alcoholic. One day his wife confronted him over this, and he just plain snapped. In his rage, he killed Callum's two brothers, two sisters, his mother, and then finally his father turned the gun on himself.

A couple of years passed, and a young Callum was placed in an orphanage with all the other children who he felt they were his new family, his second chance. This was not to be, however, as a terrible housefire started of which out of the 54 people there, he was the only survivor.

A few years after that, Callum was taken by an elderly gentleman who turned out to be a trainer of a long line of Witchers. He offered Callum a new way of life, and with nothing left to lose the boy accepted the training. He would spend many years training as a Witcher, being taught how to deal with many different kinds of monsters and different scenarios.

When eventually the young Witcher had completed his training, he went to the town of Kaer Morhen. He would serve his purpose as a Witcher there in the hopes of finding a creature powerful enough to finally end his existence and put an end to his life.
    Weapons: A silver and steel longsword
    Secondary Weapon: Longbow
    Other: N/A

9. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

All are accepted. I'll open the thread now.

10. Glen Returned from the dead

Character Name: Zach Strowl
    Race: Werewolf
    Appearance: Here for regular appearance, and here for what he looks like as a werewolf.
    Bio:
    At a young age, Zach Strowl lost his parents. They were hunted down on suspicions of being werewolves. The accusations were wrong, for they were only humans, but this didn't stop humans from cornering them and impaling them on blades of silver. This left a young Zach Strowl to grow up alongside his brother, Matthias. Matthias was a couple of years older than Zach, and so the role of guardian fell to him. Matthias was arrogant and had a very short temper though, and while he protected Zach for several years after the death of their parents, he made plans to avenge their parents and kill the werewolf that had been killing people and framing his parents.

Matthias went missing for about a week, and Zach had to fend for himself, running the farm on his own. When Zach's older brother returned, he brought news of the werewolf's death. Matthias had indeed slain the werewolf, but he hadn't gotten away unscathed. Unknown to Zach, Matthias had been bitten and had the curse of the werewolf passed onto him. Things went on as usual for the next few days, and then the night of the full moon arrived. Matthias went crazy, killing many of the animals they had on the farm before he turned to Zach. The rabid werewolf struck his brother down, creating a small scar on the right side of his face, before biting his shoulder and passing the curse onto him. Matthias then left and ran away, never to return.

Years went by with Zach living a relatively normal life. As normal as a werewolf could have, anyway. He made sure to cover his tracks well when he lost control of his werewolf state, and while he never gained complete control over it he did manage to get a small amount; enough that he was able to stop himself going on murderous rampages. He did what he could to maintain this lifestyle, farming on the outskirts of the town known as Novigrad, but one thing was always on his mind: Where had Matthias gone, and why hadn't he finished Zach off that day?
    Weapons: Has a small dagger, but in werewolf form he uses his claws
    Secondary Weapon: Unarmed I suppose XD
    Other: Did get approval first

11. Aelin Best Waifu

Killed during the explosion at Kaer
    Username:Aelin Fireheart
    Character Name: Tatiana (Tiana for short) Risen
    Race: Human
    Appearance: ~~~ [​IMG]
    Bio: When Tatiana was seven her mother died of an illness, after that her father gave up on living. He moped around not doing much, drinking getting into fights, whatever he could to forget about his wife. One day he just didn't come home, leaving Tatiana and her younger brother at a loss for what happened to him. At this point Tatiana was fifteen. She was forced to search for work due to her younger brother being too young to get a job yet. She took a job at the only place that would hire her at that age, a brothel. They didn't seem to care how young or inexperienced she was, they offered to train her. Little did she know that later she would have to pay for that training, as well as every unsatisfied customer, they would refund the money and add it to her tab of what she owed them. Thus was the trap of working in a brothel. There was no leaving until she paid her debt, though she was allowed to work as much and as little as she wanted, paying her debt only when she could. This wasn't that helpful however because she had to spend most of her money keeping her and her brother alive no matter how hard she worked. There was no running away either. The owners had men in the shadows, if she tried she would surely be captured and taken back this time forced to live at the brothel instead of at her home with her brother. So day after day she would go back in order to support her brother, even as he went off to school to be a witcher. She would still send him payments, because when his training was complete he promised to return. Make a living as a witcher and support them both. Help her pay off her debt and leave that life behind.
    Weapons : A single small knife (For now at least. she might get something else later in the rp if she needs it.)
    Secondary Weapon : N/A
    Other: Aaron Risens older sister.

Killed by Bryce (who was really Zack) during the war with the dopplers in Oxenfurt
    Username: Aelin Fireheart
    Character Name: Aaron Risen
    Bio: Aaron is Tatiana's younger brother so he went through the same loss of parents. However while his sister worked so hard every day and late into the evening, he was too young, so forced to stay home and take care of the house. Through his childhood years he idolized the witchers that came through their town, thinking they were the best things ever. The moment he was old enough Aaron enrolled in the school to become a witcher himself, despite the money it would cost his sister. He made her a promise first however. He promised the moment that he became a full witcher he would work harder than ever before to get enough money to support the two of them and pay off her debt. He promised she was allowed to rest and even settle down with a family if she liked. She would be free to live whatever life she wanted and would have to work any longer. So Aaron trained her butt off to graduate, and was able to graduate at 19 as a full Witcher. Now he just had to make it home and find work that would pay well. Though home was still a long ways away.
    Occupation: Witcher (Or at least hoping to get work as one soon)
    Weapons : Silver and Steel Katana's
    Secondary Weapon : Crossbow
    Other: Tatiana's younger brother.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  12. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Username: Garrett Finch
    Character Name: Ethan Mau
    Appearance: This

Ethan Banner.png

Bio: Ethan had a normal life to the age of three. At the age of three Ethan's home and town was burned down. The forest and trees around it completely destroyed. The town was no more. His family and home was completely destroyed. He was able to save his stuffed animal cat named Fluffy. That stuffed animal met a lot to him it became the only reminder of his mom and dad. He was able to get escape just shear luck. As the years went by he was able to get by using his cuteness as time went by. He was able to get what he wanted by using his cuteness. No one really bothered him. He was able to get food and water rather easily. He is unaware of the magic powers that he possess. Ethan's six birthday was coming up in a few days. He was almost happy the thought of turning six thrilled him. Almost 3 years later he in a unknown town he thought he was able find pace. Thing never go that way in a rp and things turned bad. He smelled it first. Was it a dream? It was going to be a repeat of events again. The smell of fire filled his nose. No not again. He held on Fluffy tight as the building burned down around him. He could see other houses on fire. Everything would soon be gone. The farms, the trees everything would be gone. Sadness filled his eyes. He could feel the ground around him move, but he did not know what was going on. Soon all he could see was fire. Would he be lucky the second time? He was not sure. Then it happened a small whole opened up. He moved out if the burning house as the house fell apart behind him. It happened again. The people that took him in were now dead. He was able to make it out again. What was next for him?
    Weapons: mage staff, (Not on him will get latter)
    Secondary Weapon: black Sliver chained Magic sword (Not on him will get latter) (uses fire)
    Powers (For Mages Only): Earth, air magic
    Earth use: Ethan is able to move Earth and use it in various ways. This includes sand, rock and any medal that has any type of rock in it
    Air use: Ethan is able to move wind and use it in various ways. He can levitate a few inches of the ground. (does not last long) He can move objects around the objects appearing to have a mind of there own.
    Rock block: Ethan a rock thing that block magic. sucks up water, and heat
    golem crate: Ethan is able move rocks and such to form a golem around his body or free of him. It can be used as a sort of protection.
    Other: curries a stuffed animal, has a back pack, Magic orbs

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  13. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

Both accepted. I also added dragons to the list of monsters. Please keep in mind that some of these are too powerful to take on alone without serious injuries. I'm trusting you guys to uphold the sticks and stones system I got.

14. Swordsman_John Merlin's Housekeeper

Username: Swordsman_John
    Character Name: Darick Brook
    Darick Brook banner.jpg
    Bio: He traveled a lot. many people found him strange. He soon took up teaching others in the use of earth and wind. He had strange ways of teaching others. He doesn't appear it but he is strong. This throws off other people that fight him. He can be known to say strange things. He isn't straight forward in something's he does or says, although at times he can say exactly what he means.
    Weapons (Note: for Witchers you will only be able to use a silver and steel sword. The type of sword can vary): mage staff
    Secondary Weapon (Long bow, short bow, or crossbow. Can also be left as N/A):N/a
    Powers (For Mages Only): air, earth
    Air use: can use air in various ways.
    Earth use: can use earth in various ways.
    Air power flight: can fly for short distances.
    Earth power: can shoot cannon ball like stones can use with or without the aid of air power.
    Earth power metal/sand: can use earth like object for various use. As long as the item has some short of earth in it he can use it and bend it into new forms. (Metals, sand)
    Earth power: He can put pressure onto earth with or without the aid of air to make rocks heat up burn/or explode.
    Other:

Character Name: Kara Raz
    Race: Dopper
    Kara Raz banner.jpg
    Bio: She isn't what she appears to be she can be both mean and nice at times. She does what suits her. He practices her cross bow and sword fighting every day. Some say she is a mystery wrapped in an enigma, she likes to keep it that way. She can help other or do things that might not seem the nice. She don't mind taking other people forms although some times she dislikes doing so.
    Occupation: ninja trainer/ (other occupation I will probably think of later here)
    Weapons (Note: for Witchers you will only be able to use a silver and steel sword. The type of sword can vary): iron sword
    Secondary Weapon (Long bow, short bow, or crossbow. Can also be left as N/A): crossbow
    Powers (For Mages Only):n/a
    Other:

Character Name: Evan Strom (last name is ironic)
    Race: mage
    Evan Strom banner.jpg
    Bio: Were ever he goes strange things happen. It sometimes rain or snows in the middle of summer. Although he knows he can control weather he doesn't make these things happen. (he doesn't yet know his emotions can cause weather to happen) He always seems to be an out cast people never seem to want him around. He thinks the bad things that happen is he fault. Other people blame him for it. They say it never happened before he showed up.
    Weapons (Note: for Witchers you will only be able to use a silver and steel sword. The type of sword can vary): mage staff, knife
    Secondary Weapon (Long bow, short bow, or crossbow. Can also be left as N/A):n/a I guess
    Powers (For Mages Only): air, water
    Air use: can use air in various ways.
    Water use: can use water in various ways.
    Air power flight: can fly for a short time.
    Water power heal: can heal small to medium damage done to others and himself. The more damage the harder it is to heal.
    Air/water power: weather: can make it rain/snow windy ect.
    The weather can be effected by his emotions ie if he is sad it can rain. Others emotions can cause different effects. If he is happy it seems to but sunny. (Will remove happyneess/sun if needed) if he is really sad or depressed (maybe some other emotion) it can cause snow. If he get mad it can cause unpredictable things to happen. He can conrol the weather, but his emotions can play an interesting turn on things. If he can make it snow/rain ect if he wants.
    Other: always carrys water with him.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  15. Glen Returned from the dead

Character Name: Matthias Strowl
    Race: Werewolf
    Appearance: This is his regular form, and this is his werewolf form
    Bio: At a young age, Matthias Strowl lost his parents. They were hunted down on suspicions of being werewolves. The accusations were wrong, for they were only humans, but this didn't stop humans from cornering them and impaling them on blades of silver. This left a young Zach Strowl to grow up alongside his brother, Matthias. Matthias was a couple of years older than Zach, and so the role of guardian fell to him. Matthias was arrogant and had a very short temper though, and while he protected Zach for several years after the death of their parents, he made plans to avenge their parents and kill the werewolf that had been killing people and framing his parents.

Matthias went missing for about a week, and Zach had to fend for himself, running the farm on his own. When Zach's older brother returned, he brought news of the werewolf's death. Matthias had indeed slain the werewolf, but he hadn't gotten away unscathed. Unknown to Zach, Matthias had been bitten and had the curse of the werewolf passed onto him. Things went on as usual for the next few days, and then the night of the full moon arrived. Matthias went crazy, killing many of the animals they had on the farm before he turned to Zach. The rabid werewolf struck his brother down, creating a small scar on the right side of his face, before biting his shoulder and passing the curse onto him. Matthias then left and ran away, never seen again.

He fled as fast as his feet would take him, his animal-like instincts pushing him further and further, until eventually he stumbled upon a little home in the woods. The home was occupied, but after the werewolf had gone in there it no longer was. Matthias took up residency there, the house feeling a little too comfortable to simply leave behind. He began hunting animals and selling their skins, keeping the meat for himself to consume. It quelled the werewolf's hunger to an extent, but come full moon nothing stopped the transformation from man into beast, from overprotective brother to murderous monster.
    Occupation: Technically unemployed, but often hunts animals and sells the skins
    Weapons: In werewolf form uses his claws and teeth, but when not in wolf form he fights unarmed or with the dagger he carries.
    Other: Is Zach's brother

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  16. Frosch Traverse Town Homebody

*Plop*

Username:
    Frosch
    Character Name: Evander the Stonemason.
    Appearance: <This is a risky link, probably>
    Bio: Evander was the child of two stonemasons, owners of a reputable and profitable business in the town of Aldersberg. They loved their son very much, spoiled him rotten, and dreamed of him becoming a famous and much a more skillful stonemason than they could ever be.
    They did not quite expect just how skilled with stone their son would become.
    It was the way that Evander could squeeze pebbles into different shapes and the gouges he would take out of the brick walls with playful kicks that alerted his parents to the fact that he was a special child, a Source. His parents gave him up to a school of sorcery, and for many years he trained in and later worked for the school, always being remarkably adept with the manipulation of earth and rock.
    Evander's first major career position as adviser to the King of Aedirn, carrying out the usual duties of a court mage as well as assisting in military strategy and taking part in operations within the Nilfgaardian Empire. It was around this time, at the age of one-hundred and twelve, that he was given a prominent position within the Council of Mages, and soon after was promoted to the more powerful Chapter of Mages. Life was relatively simple, his wealth and influence increased, and he established his own school of sorcery upon Mount Carbon.
    Then he met Iaspis, a young, talented swordswoman, during a mission in Nilfgaard. They fell in love, and began a life together. Evander's various duties meant that Iaspis tended to be constantly tagging along with little to do, but to occupy their free time she took it upon herself to train him to use a sword, and how to not die in a brawl.
    Iasipis, however, was only human. Age crept up on her, and towards her latter years she wasn't able to cope with the long journeys and infrequent stops Evander had to make, and so she began to more regularly wait in their home upon Mount Carbon, making the most of the times when Evander was actually home. Until she died.
    When this happened Evander immediately returned home to bury her and mourn, dropping even his most urgent errands. It was during this mourning period that the Thanedd Coup occurred, the Brotherhood of Sorcerers was destroyed, and the mages became fragmented and hostile towards each other.
    Evander blamed himself for a great part of this, and fell into a deeper depression than that he already felt from Iaspis' death. Drink and whores became his companions, he abandoned his duties to Aedirn, the school upon Mount Carbon that he had invested so much into fell into ruin, and Evander himself became a wandering wastrel taking on quick, easy jobs to rake in enough gold to pay for the next alcohol fueled orgy.
    Weapons: Steel longsword.
    Secondary Weapon: N/A.
    Powers:
    • Earth manipulation. Evander can shift and pull the earth into different shapes and forms.
    • Rock golem: Can create a golem. With more time and concentration he can create larger and more powerful golems.
    • Rock armor: Evander creates a protective armor of stone, as well as a large stone sword to wield.
    • Pulverization: With powerful kicks and thrusts, Evander can disintegrate stone instantly. Handy for when he wants to break through a wall, or when some other mage hurls a boulder at his head.
    Plus all the other magic mages can use that take a while to set up (like teleportation and scrying, for example).
    Other: I like bagels, and I'm starving as I type this out, so you should probably send me bagels through the post, kk? Kk.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  17. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

You're all officially accepted.

18. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

Username: Relatively Sane
    Character Name: Solomon
    Appearance: Solomon wears black robes, a pointy hat and a mask. he never shows his face.
    Bio: A long time ago Solomon was like any other mage, a good and moral man. But when, on one fateful day, he lost his true love he tried anything to bring them back. He was so emotionally distraught that he delved into dark and dangerous magic. Eventually, when he did manage to bring back his love it was as an undead abomination with no thoughts or feelings of the time before. Additionally the humans of the village he lived in were growing suspicious of his dark experiments and had discovered many graves had been raided in Solomon's desperate research of death. They confronted him but what they found was a husk of the man Solomon had once been, he was so drained from his failure to truly bring back his love and his mind was warped by the dark magic he'd meddled in. There was only anger left and it was this anger that Solomon unleashed on the villagers, ripping the souls from their weak human bodies and raising them as his undead servants. He was no longer truly Solomon and to commemorate this he crafted a mask to hide his face.
    Now Solomon wanders the land doing whatever amuses him.

Weapons: Staff
    Powers: Necromancy and Dark magic, raising the dead and twisting the souls of the living

19. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

He's dead, sorry to disappoint you, but hey what can you do

Username: Vladek515
    Character Name: Veceslav Forst
    Appearance:A tall man with black hair that reaches just beneath the shoulderblades and the catlike eyes so typical of witchers.
    Bio: At the age of 6 he was taken to Kaer Morhen to train as a Witcher, he trained hard so he could make his father proud. He nearly didn't make it through the trial of the grasses, but pulled through in the end becoming a full fledged witcher. He set out onto the road his first contract taking down a few pesky drowners that were bothering a village in the Pontar delta. It went well and Veceslav continued to make quite a name for himself gaining the nickname the Crow for his long black hair and generally darker coloured outfits. When Kaer Morhen was attacked by the mob of angry peasants he was present and survived the battle. In his travels he met many people, he helped out younger witchers with their training and found treasures, like his two swords. He now continues his travels, returning to Kaer Morhen every winter to wait it out and make repairs to the fortress.
    Weapons: Steel and Silver swords of the Viper school
    Secondary Weapon: Crossbow
    Powers:N/A
    Other: Is nicknamed the Crow

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  20. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

Both accepted like the bosses you are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.