Odd Food and Condiment Combinations

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Amaury, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

What are some food and condiments combinations you like that the average person doesn't like?

I personally like white rice with ketchup on it.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Sometimes I like to take my mac and cheese and put mustard in it. It adds some nice zest to the cheesiness~

3. Misty gimme kiss

Mustard is actually a pretty common addition when making cheese sauces. Most of the recipes I've followed for mac & cheese include it, as well as things like hot sauce. It makes a big difference in the taste actually.

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Mashed potatoes and barbecue sauce
    White rice and barbecue sauce
    Anything and mayonnaise
    Literally anything and mayonnaise
    French fries and ranch dressing

Just to name a few. I'm kinda weird.

5. The Twin My, what a strange duet

I know my brother loved dipping his peas in ketchup, or his potato chips in ketchup. I could never understand the appeal.

There's a child at my daycare center who will dip a cheese sandwich in ketchup. It's the only way she'll eat it.

6. Patman Bof

Erm ... mayonnaise and mayonnaise ? ^^

Is it really that weird to like mayonnaise in the US ? Can' t help thinking about this :
    I wouldn' t eat mayonnaise with anything, but yeah, if you ask me it wins hands down against ketchup.
    Tried it, didn' t like it.

I like putting emmental in my white rice. It might be a thing somewhere else, I' m not sure, but it' s not a thing here. I did it once cause I didn' t have any sauce left and I liked it. Funnily the same thing happened to my mum and she liked it too.

7. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

More on point, I like dipping chips or freedom fries or however you call them in soup. I like putting bananas in my peanut butter sandwiches. Run-of-the-mill stuff.

8. Ɍeno Traverse Town Homebody

I tend to add hot sauce to almost everything as a substitute for a sauce. I think my taste-buds are praying to be able to taste something different.

9. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

YES.
    Ordinarily? No. To the levels I do? Yes.

Ah! That reminds me. I like to dip/scoop my fries in ice cream or milkshakes. Same with cheese sticks.
    Actually, banana & peanut butter is a pretty common recommendation, especially when you're trying to eat healthier. I'm weird about bananas, sometimes they're good but other times I have trouble getting them down; when I do I usually add them to something with peanut butter in it.

10. Plums Wakanda Forever

I used to do weird combos so much as a kid, but all of it usually ended in a severe case of the tummy aches. To name a few:

• Fish dipped in barbecue sauce.
    • Fries dipped in chili (which in hindsight isn't that weird considering chili fries)
    • Lettuce dipped in barbecue sauce.
    • Hamburgers dipped in barbecue sauce.
    • Celery and jelly.
    • Turkey sandwiches dipped in barbecue sauce.

...wow I was a BBQ sauce addict.

11. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

BARBECUE SAUCE ON HAMBURGERS IS THE BEST AAAAAAAA
    It's also really good on hot dogs, particularly with deli mustard. ^^

12. Ɍeno Traverse Town Homebody

How did you manage to end up with that combination?

13. Plums Wakanda Forever

I used to make ants on a log every now and then, and when we were out of peanut butter once I was like "i will use jelly instead what a good idea," haha.

14. Ɍeno Traverse Town Homebody

I just realised that I'm talking about this jelly, while you're talking about this. lol

I forget about your funny american english

15. sora the explorer Destiny Islands Resident

macaroni and cheese with ketchup :)

16. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I think my weirdest combination, which I don't know how it started and so I grew up thinking it was totally normal, until people saw and judged me xD but I just adore vinegar with broccoli, it just works so well! And no one believes me and everyone is too scared to try it xD

Apart from that, I love nandos sauce, I have this huge bottle of extra extra hot nandos sauce which I got for Christmas and a quarter has already been used.
    [​IMG]
    This thing is my baby and I created this immense dish where you cook pork loin in butter and this with some tabasco sauce and then mix it in with egg noodles and it's just the nicest thing ever that may or may not kill your mouth xD It's like my default dish.

One thing that I have only tried once but was really good was sweet chilli sauce with cheesy sauce in my pasta. The combination goes surprisingly well.

This isn't a combination but no one else does it and I don't know why because it is amazing, but I love to microwave my cereal in the morning. I have cocopops normally and I just microwave them until they are quite hot but not burnt xD and it's so nice, I find unmicrowaved coco pops quite bland now.

17. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I like to put maple syrup on eggs, and I like to dip grilled cheese sandwiches in ranch dressing. Kinda weird, but meh.

My sis, however, is nuts. Her motto is "everything tastes better with gravy." And she has tried just about everything. Whenever we go to a buffet, she gets what she calls her "gravy plate," usually a plate with potatoes and chicken, and enough leftover gravy to dip the rest of her food in, to "test" it. In fact, a few months ago, she had done the same, when I took a bite of some cherry pie I'd picked, just to declare it gross. As a joke, a put the uneaten portion onto her gravy plate saying it would probably improve it. AND SHE TRIED IT! And then she said "Wow. It actually wasn't bad." Well, at that point, I was ike "what!?" And then I had to try it too. I mean, what if it was really delicious and I was missing out?

It wasn't. I about threw up right there, and I don't gag easily. My poor sis, who'd eaten everything in gravy, was sick to her stomach for the rest of the night. And actually, the last time we went to a buffet, the first time since that pie incident, she ended up foregoing the gravy plate.

Moral of the story:
    upload_2014-4-29_21-48-38.jpeg