Help Occasional Issues with Inbox and Alerts Dropdowns

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Amaury, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Not a big deal, really, but every now and then these dropdowns don't want to open and if I try to visit http://kh-vids.net/conversations/ and http://kh-vids.net/account/alerts directly, it eventually times out and gives me a 500 Internal Server Error page.

Just happened a few minutes ago.

Everything else has no problems, though. Just those areas.

2. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

For the record, I am not getting this issue. This may be a problem with your own connection. Just my two cents.

Summary:

This problem may be only with Hanzo's system or, possibly but unconfirmed, other users, but not all.

3. Misty gimme kiss

I'm doing name changes right now which are probably the culprit. The server has been timing out on me for them which would cause other areas of the site to struggle to load. Nothing really to say beyond that.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

Yeah, makes sense.

Seems this only started recently, as I remember you commented on it when you tried to change names before going on your vacation earlier this year. Hope you're able to get it resolved. :)

5. Misty gimme kiss

It's an issue with how XenForo handles name changes. For users that post a lot, like a lot of messages, etc., name changes are more intensive because there is more to be updated. XenForo has a run deferred system that will process things in steps, thus preventing time outs, but it currently is not used for name changes.