Obama wins!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mirai, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Well I hate fox news as well but in order for me to see all the sides to every issue and policy I watched MSNBC (which is slightly to the left), CNN (neutral-ish), Fox (right) and others.

And each president has their own slogan. "Yes we can" was Obama's. Not to mention blacks not being able to vote 43 years ago would be a big issue to him because, well, he's socially black.

2. Sara Tea Drinker

True, but now we have a black president, Evil. What they're saying is it's possible to be a president regardless of race. While before it was all white and except for Kennedy who was catholic, Christian. And yes, I know it's a branch, but not the same.

And people might not watch FOX, I don't, lol... It might be people are assuming the info is from FOX or another site like it because of the twists of info they give out.

3. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

Well, he is African American and is also half white, but then again, aren't we all mixed? I mean, if you look at the entire ancestory of our family, we can't be 100% white or 100% black. There probably isn't any recent mixed ancestory in your family, but, somewhere down the line, we have to have had some mixed anestory. The chance of being 100% anything is very slim. So, whether he's half-white, one-eighth white, one-one hunderedth white, or whatever, he's still black and is like any other black person, except he has had some recently mixed ancestory i.e. his white mother.

4. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

Generally anything beyond a certain number of generations is ignored. It is too long ago to be of importance. On the other hand, Obama had a black father and a white mother. This being only one generation previously.

5. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

But still, even if it is too long ago to be of improtance, it's still there. And just because Obama has some recently mixed ancestory doesn't really make him any different from black peope who hasn't had any recently mixed ancestory, but that's just my opinion.

6. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

You do have a good point. Black people today who are only black as a result of recently mixed ancestry don't really have the right to complain about slavery as a personal problem. The same as saying sorry for it now doesn't mean anything to anyone and is really a pointless exercise. Yes it happened, yes it was terrible, yes we won't forget but no we won't obsess over it till the end of time >:

7. oldman106 Gummi Ship Junkie

I knew he was gonna win. But honestly, I think he'll get impeached with all the trash he might pull..

8. Mirai King's Apprentice

Like? What trash? All I've heard him propose are sound and workable solutions to problems.

Please, explain.

9. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Yes, but most of the first-time voters went for Obama and most of them just picked the democratic ticket blindly. For example, in the Michigan Supreme Court Race, Judge Cliff Taylor who has been a top conservative judge (and a damn good one) for many years, lost to Diane Hathaway who most people never even heard of. All she did was claim Taylor fell asleep during a court case, which was proven false.

Liberals are playing dirty, and now they are running this country. I see no hope for America now...

10. Sara Tea Drinker

We didn't have much of a chance under conservative rule with Bush either. I should point out. And Bush should I remind you played the fear campaign and crucified his opponents.

It could've been a ton of different reasons, the republicans did lose some seats, but not a massive amount. The reason so many people wanted Obama at 18-36 is because his views, appeal to the age, and the fact that Bush and McCain don't appeal to that age group.

And in the past, republicans HAVE been able to appeal to that group. Reagan, one of the biggest rightists I think in this quarter of a century about had a huge amount of support from everyone. Nixon was another huge example, because he wanted to end Vietnam, but people flocked to him. It depends on the president. And there will be cases when that happens, when someone ends up with a position of power for some reason that seems like it's inexcusable when there's a perfectly good reason for it.

Same thing with senior citizens, they supported McCain. They hoped McCain would win, and I saw a lot of people behind McCain who were young also. It was a close race, yes, Obama looked better in a lot of cases, but this was last minute decision making. Even the officials were saying if McCain won the south like he did and some other factors, he could win. It was close in all counts.

Obama just managed to make more appeal to win.

Obama just had more.

11. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

Obama's the man guys. Fried chicken prices are going down already!

Considering that minority votes, especially those of the poor black community are usually lower than average, the slight increase in the number of voters is simply a constant. Suffice to say, even though more minorities may have voted this year the general increase in the trend of voting overall still makes the number of minority votes lower than the average. Considering Obama took a sweeping majority with his campaign, it's a little naive to say that colour was the only determinant. McCain was dusted not only in popularity but also in the general conduct of his campaign. LOL at Sara Palin.

12. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

The reason people wanted Obama is because Democrats linked McCain's voting record to Bush to the point where everyone had the mindset of "McCain = Bush 3rd Term". Don't deny it. All Obama had to do was inspire people and first-time voters into the belief of "Change" as the economy heads into a sinkhole regardless of who's elected. If you asked an average Obama supporter what he was going to "change", most of them couldn't give you an answer. Now I'm not saying all Obama supporters are idiots, and their not. The Obama supporters that truely know the issues and watched all three debates have every right to vote for Obama and everything he stands for.

What people don't understand is that not every Republican is as stupid as Bush. Hell, even I hate Bush... but that's beside the point. Considering McCain was the most anti-Bush figure in the Republican party since the 2000 election, there's no right to link him to Bush. That goes for the other Republican seats that were taken, linking every single one of them to "Bush foot soldiers". I know it's a campaign and they do everything possible to make their opponents look bad, but people really need to stop getting their opinions from the media.

I just hope people know who they voted for, instead of just filling out a ticket because of their presidental choice was in that party.

13. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

So lives lost to a fruitless campaign with an obvious secondary agenda are only lost in vain when a smart man decides to stop needlessly sending people overseas to die? LOL!

14. EvilMan_89 Code Master

ok, i get what you guys are saying, but i still wonder about the people who say that FOX news is completely inaccurate and yet they still watch. quite a bit of people on this forum say FOX news can't be trusted and etc. etc. but it seems like they watch it and that just doesn't make sense to me because they distrust it so much.

also, i THINK i know what sealed McCain's fate in the election: Sarah Palin. while she DID make a VERY good first impression, she IS what made me steer away from McCain and made me undecided. she was not very popular with people. the thing i didn't like about Obama was his habit of playing the blame game. *notes that i'm NOT a McCain supporter nor am i an Obama supporter*

15. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

I honestly wanted Ron Paul back.

16. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Yeah, sadly that's also part of why he lost...

The race for Michigan was close until he decided to bail out. Even after he did it was still a close race. It was pretty clear McCain was giving up as election day grew closer and closer. A shame indeed.

No, Howard Dean.

YEEEEEEEAAAAH!

17. Sara Tea Drinker

I never linked him to Bush, not fully. I looked at the debates and the past.

This is what I saw:

Tax cuts by McCain for rich:

- Didn't work under Bush, people didn't spend, they saved. Even my economists teachers encouraged that, or to go to a nice restaurant and save. It won't work again. Obama giving tax cuts to the middle class will help them save on oil, prices for homes, buying stuff, things that they need, buying stimulates an economy, you can't do that without money and not saving.

McCain's policies:

- Vague, he never gave a clear answer to any of the questions on what he did. He put Joe the Plumber so many times my mom was like: "Oh God, not him again..." At the end. When he was clear, it was old-fashioned and not for my tastes. Obama was clear and concise, giving direct answers and answering as fully as possible.

Job market:

- McCain had a good deal, but it would be specifically for some industries. Also, it was a long-term deal and would cause more environmental damage to a country that has enough. Obama offered what F.D.R. did, who is one of my biggest admirers not for WWII, or for the Depression, but HOW he fixed the economic crisis. He made jobs in the GOVERNMENT. He made a plan to plant trees, to build dams, to get things done that needed to be done. Obama is offering jobs in alternative sources in oil, which is a government research including windmills, solar, and who-knows-what else type of jobs, you need labor for that.

War in Iraq:

- People are dying over there, the world hates us for being in the war in the first place, and we're increasing more terrorists and another 9/11 because we keep on killing or bombing, torturing and whatever the hell else to not only the Iraqi's over there, but here also. We need to get the hell out of there before something does happen. And I'm saying this one. more. frigging. time. Afghanistan caused 9/11, they admitted it, we attacked with the worlds support, Iraq came two years later and everyone is still pissed.

That's why I voted Obama. Some people do vote blindly, but that's on both sides, my aunt believes that Satan is going to destroy us all now and that Obama is going to cause another 9/11. She doesn't listen to anyone or anything else. That's from two sides of the parties. Even news reporters are commenting on how badly the republicans need to modernize and maybe even start to stop their own crisis.

18. Repliku Chaser

I get very confused when people say Obama played the 'blame game'.

It was McCain who stated that he would have stopped so many slanderous things on Obama had he just agreed to go to town hall meeting type things with McCain. So basically because Obama wanted to hold debates differently and do other things, McCain punished him by slanderous ads and such and Palin said whatever she wanted. It makes no sense.

It was McCain and mainly Palin who spread things about how we don't 'know' Obama to make him seem mysterious etc and yet Obama seemed the most clear to me out of it all.

Obama never asked for McCain to stop the hateful rallies that Palin was doing nor did he ask McCain to apologize for the awful way some of the crowds were saying things about him to the point of even saying 'kill him!' and 'terrorist!'. He also did not expect an apology, or really get one, from Fox News for all of the slander to include 'terrorist fist jab' and other cold remarks said out of nowhere by them.

When asked about McCain and Palin, Obama was always respectful and mindful. I can bet at times he wouldn't have minded saying a few choice words about Palin and her awful way of causing lynch mobs and avoiding the issues that were needed to be addressed. Not once did he seriously put them down as they did to him. Ads aside, Obama was very respectful. He certainly could have played the blame game here considering the ads of McCain's were more brutal as well and many people polled believed so, whether Rep or Dem.

McCain and Palin brought up continuously Rev. Wright when both McCain and Palin have some interesting preachers of their own that are bigoted as well. Obama did not criticize them. He had to leave his own church to stop things but the two could go on following a prejudiced preacher and a weirdo guy that casts out 'witches'.

So seriously, I'm not seeing how Obama played the blame game at all. His 'race' speech was simply one of the best speeches to ever hear a person say and he did not complain about it. I would like to see actual facts on where he 'blamed' other people for things and McCain and Palin did not. Quite a few times, McCain said the campaign would not have been so smearing on Obama had Obama played by his rules. I did not see Obama doing this to him and I did pay pretty close attention to things.

19. EvilMan_89 Code Master

who or what is Joe the Plumber?

20. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

It is historic... but I wanted McCain.
    Oh well. Obama could be the best prez we ever have... we nvr know until after they've been elected into office for a while

McCain used him as an example for the economy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.