NoN's book of poems

Discussion in 'Archives' started by NightofNights, Jun 12, 2010.

1. NightofNights Merlin's Housekeeper

Poems that I have written over the years. Hope you all like my poems^^ :registro5B15D: :D :<3:

The Light in Night

The anger and pain
    are the only things that keep me sane.
    That blocks me from the light
    stuck in a forever night.
    An eternal fight.

But there is one light.
    And that is you
    my moon.
    The only light
    in my land of night.

I'll see you soon
    for you are my moon.
    In this land of night
    You are my light.

2. Chevalier Crystal Princess

You really need to work on your spelling & grammar. There's so many mistakes, like the misspelling of 'Satan', and the "you're" 's ect.

I do understand that you wanted something long, awesome, but divide it. It tedious to read such a long piece and not know where the stanzas end. I do commend you for it being lengthy...

but this particular piece is just a dragged on repetition, like a chanting, but even if it was, it's still not done correctly. the words light and night and fight and sight plague this piece and it seems like you've run out of vocabulary, and it just made me want to skip chunks of it.

I enjoyed the end, it seemed the only thing different from the whole poem, but that still doesn't change the fact that the poem seems cluttered and somewhat overloaded with the same words. Well, just keep going at it, you seem good, but still needing to work on some things.

3. NightofNights Merlin's Housekeeper

woops sorry that was the wrong poem :sweatdrop: that one I'm still working on so thats why its so lengthy and bad spelling/grammar but thanx for telling my of my mistakes^^

4. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Okay, but could use some work

Sorry to say it but I agree with Chevalier . . . it is a bit crouded . . . a bit less than great on the vocabulary choices . . . a bit ummmm Night Fight and such is used to much and . . . the grammar is a bit bad, which is okay in groups n' stuff but in threads grammar is like gold with daimonds, christmas and presents, halloween and candy you should practice with that and expand your horizons a bit more, choose a new variety for your pieces rather than just dark and light and such use something from your experiences, or something you feel like writing . . . if dark and light is what you feel like writing about thats okay just don't make it number one. Anyway it's time for my usual signature for threads in I read it form . . . There it is, I enjoyed it :) ((((((whoops, sorry Okay that is a lot better but the above statements are the same for the poem your working on and again light and dark is just one of the many poem starters anything is a work of art, a paper is a work of art rather it be words or pictures the only thing it needs is for you to uncover it's beauty with your pen )))))))

5. Juicy Chaser

Phew, I'm glad to see you replaced the block of text with something much easier on the eyes. (:

Hmm.. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this poem. I would usually scold you for overuse of the same words, but the repetition seems somewhat sweet. The symbolism using the moon was a lovely, if commonly used, idea.

"Sain" should be spelt "sane" and I'm afraid that the line which says "I'm in a forever night" doesn't make sense to me. Replace "a forever" for "an eternal" and it would be perfect. :3

Listen to Chevalier's advice; mind your grammar. You have random capital letters in the middle of lines where the word does not require one. Reading your poem aloud may alert you to where you've used periods unneccesarily, and help you replace them.

6. Mvalentine King's Apprentice

I like it, I find it sweet...Thing is the rhymes just seem to bombard you...It may be better if the rhymes were more spaced out or if there were less altogether...Other than that I loved it...The way you used repetition worked quite nicely for the style of poem. Just keep writing and you'll get better and better...I do like you're style though I look forward to the next poem

7. NightofNights Merlin's Housekeeper

Thanx all I'm going to work on some of my past works to fix them and to put them on here by tomorrow or next week. I'm glade you all like them.^^

8. NightofNights Merlin's Housekeeper

For you my love^^ :<3:

Haha i got another one finished^^ i made this one a wile ago and fixed it up some. I hope you all like it^^

For you my love I give my heart
    so we can never be apart.
    For you my love I give my hand
    so we can forever stand.
    For you my love
    I give a dove,
    to show our love is pure and true.
    For you my love I'll wait for you
    and wait to say 'I do.'

9. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I loved it, and hate spilling coffee

Loved it . . . wait . . . oh no *starts crying*. It was excellent, you have managed to make a poem with a good structure and the right amount *is there a right amount* of rhyming. Keep up the good work. There it is, I enjoyed i- ahhh man *spilled hot coffee on lap* man this is just awful, good thing it was ice coffee lol paradox, keep up the good work. Seriously this time. There it is, I enjoyed it :)

10. NightofNights Merlin's Housekeeper

I Am

Thanx Night I made another but its not as lovey dovey as the last one. But still enjoy^^

I am unique and creative.
    I wonder where I'll be in the end.
    I hear the creaking of the trees.
    I see the trees rocking in the night breeze.
    I want to run with the wolfs.

I pretend to be something I'm not.
    I feel lost but not afraid.
    I touch the wood and the moss at my feet.
    I worry if they'll ever find me.
    I cry when my friends are hurt.

I understand what people are feeling.
    I say life is to easy when the times get ruff.
    I dream of roaming the world with the pack.
    I try to hide my true feelings.
    I hope that one day I'll be brave.

lol heres another that is about love I'm sorry for the spelling mistakes in this one but my spell check is broken and can't be fixed yet so we'll all have to suffer a litte (you with back grammar and me and the bill of fixing it :cryinganime:)

Lovey Dovey
    Open hearted
    Very special
    Every thing to me

:<3:

How do you revile boredom?
    Well first you go to a magical kingdom,
    that will lead you
    to a magical shoe,
    and in that shoe is a place
    that looks a lot like space.
    In that space there is pie
    flying oh so high.
    As you take a bite
    you hear a sound so light.
    The sound
    brings you back to the ground.
    Your back in reality
    what a tragedy.
    But your friends are here
    so don't you fear.
    But know you know when ever your boredom
    comes back just remember that kingdom
    of your imagination
    what a celebration!

LOL was so bored in class i wrote this wile my teacher was talking^^ he saw me wrighting it and read it out loud thinking it was a note^^ my classmates loved it^^

11. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

NOOOO, part of my signature *dies a little inside* nah just joking, I really liked the second one but couldn't understand the first one *I am a little hyper right now and umm the mood thingy doesn't have hyper* btw you put an extra a in the first poem first sentace "I am A unique and creative" but you got the other lines right. The second poem did have a few grammar mistakes but I got over it cause it reminded me of Alice in Wonderland a bit. Drink me ill make you smaller, eat me ill make you larger, but bite me and ill bite you back. There it is, I definitely enjoyed it :)

12. NightofNights Merlin's Housekeeper

Thanx Night I'll fix the "A" problem A.S.A.P. and it was a I Am poem showing how I feel. My enlish teacher wanted us to make them. But I wanted to post mine^^ And ya my spell check broke down on me wile I was making that poem I'll have to fix that one too :sweatdrop:

The moon is red, as red as blood
    as you leave from the flood.
    You lived yet died but crying so.
    You could never stop the flow.
    but I'll be
    and will forever see.
    I'll be here
    forever and ever dears.
    So cry your hearts out. I'll be here
    to wipe away those frightful tears

A poem for all my friends to show them I'm always there for them^^

13. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Excellent, and thank you for letting me and everyone know you will be there for us. You are a true blue, green, purple, yellow and all the other colors friend. Because you are a rainbow . . . the grammar and spelling was excelent, the word structure was pretty good. So I feel the need to say >>>>>> There it is, how much I enjoyed it you may never know :cryinganime:

14. NightofNights Merlin's Housekeeper

Aww thanx Night now don't you cry your going to get the computer all wet. *wipes away his tears* there all better^^ Thanx for the comments guys^^

Burning bright
    The fire burns bright
    As you say good night
    You kiss my head
    As I go to bed
    Your arms hold me tight
    Let our love take flight
    My heart feels warm
    As I'm in your arms
    It's as warm as fire
    Yet it never tires
    The night is black
    But I know you'll always be back​

15. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Lovely, absoluetly lovely. I didn't see any grammar or spelling mistakes, the structure looked good and the ryhming was also good. Keep up the good work *gives ten thousand thumbs up* There it is, still lovin' it :D

16. Juicy Chaser

It's odd that the first thing that struck me when I saw "Burning bright" was how fond I am of the red and black colour scheme. xD

Basic rhyming, and typical similes like "as warm as fire", but overall a very neat and pleasant to read poem. (:

17. NightofNights Merlin's Housekeeper

Breath

I'm falling.
    Seeping into the earth.
    I try to get out.
    But I'm stuck.

Breath in.
    And out.

It's up to my waist.
    Pulling my in.
    Pulling me down.
    I'm stuck.

Breath in.
    And out.

One last try.
    A try to escape.
    Escape this earthy grave.
    I'm stuck.

Breath in.
    And out.

I wiggle and pull.
    Slowly breaking
    the earths death grip.
    I'm free.

Breath in.
    And out.

I pull myself out
    of the mud.
    My legs are able to move.
    I'm free.

Breath in.
    And out.

I escaped this time.
    But the next time
    I may not be as lucky.
    But till then I'll keep trying.

So I breath in.
    And out.

A poem from when I got stuck in the mud and couldn't get out^^ lol I almost never made it but I'm glade I did^^

18. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Me too^^ this was great, most poems *from what I have seen* don't ryhme when they are about a very important event in your life. There are a few spelling mistakes but they are only simple ones most people make. Other than that it looks great, sounds great too. Keep up the good work. There it is, :cryinganime: thank goodness you made it :cryinganime:

19. NightofNights Merlin's Housekeeper

Demon

Why is my heart full of pain and hate.
    When some say I am a saint?
    But others say I am a demon.
    I'm starting to believe 'em.

I'm bad but good.
    I feel misunderstood.
    Why can't they see
    the real me?

They jump to conclusions.
    Thats never the solution.
    They never listen for the real me
    but i hope one day they'll see.

But till then I'll make them pay
    for what they say.
    For I am the demon of the school!
    You better run you fool.

I'm a monster thats misunderstood.
    I'm bad but good
    All at the same time.
    So hear my roar chime.

For I am the demon of the school!
    You better run you fool!

20. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

. . . Lovely, and dark the best kind of lovely. Starts out sweet ends in defeat *not really, it ends in fool^^* There is one thing I spotted but I don't know if it was a mistake or not. Third verse, second line you put salutation, did you mean to put solution. If you are using word then it does that sometimes but if you meant to put this then I couldn't see any other problems.
    There it is, enjoyed it so much I made you click a button to find out how much^^

:ff10sora: he loves it too^^