Non-Satanic Metal

Discussion in 'Music' started by Serbkiller, Nov 10, 2009.

1. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

There is no such thing as satanic bands, in fact your probably refering to screamo. If they do preach about satan then they are either completely attention seekers or there is a sort of meaning that they are trying to get across. Here are some i listen to, some are indie, christian, alternative and screamo bands i listen to:

Thousand Foot Krutch
    Skillet
    Demon Hunters
    Linkin Park
    Classic Crime
    Breaking Benjamin
    A Perfect Circle
    Hollywood Undead
    Hawthorne Heights
    Hoobastank
    Cog

2. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Not metal.

Its actually just Demon Hunter, no S, but that's nitpicking.

Not metal.

Demon Hunter is the only metal band you listed (even if they are metalcore). I don't mean to be a **** here, but the OP is asking for metal after all. Also, none of the bands you listed are screamo.

Furthermore, you call Satanic bands attention seekers, but yet, you list some Christian bands, some of whom, such as Creed (not listed, but the ultimate example of Christian status abuse), use their status as "Christian" entirely to gain attention and popularity. Because of how niche it is, the Christian fandom has some pretty low standards.

Also, Christian isn't a genre. It is an umbrella term used to describe the "moral" alternative to secular bands that devout Christian parents tend to think are evil. Like with the Creed example I used, some bands tend to abuse the low standards of the Christian rock scene, hell, its so easy to abuse that it happens on accident all the time, just take Evanecence and King's X for example.

3. Serbkiller Destiny Islands Resident

I don't get it; Why do all the satanic bands have the good songs while most christian bands have weak songs.

Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orpdDn-ymIQ

vs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnBU9eWGOpw&feature=related

Demand that your band members need to play faster or else the voice will never fit in.

4. SoraUchiha Traverse Town Homebody

Somebody said Black Sabbath was a non satanic band....em isnt that the band that got into trouble because some worker in their record company f*cked up the packaging of their album-making it look anti-religion-then Black Sabbath took a shine to the upside down cross on their album then allowed it to be their image?...X3

5. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    They aren't. Like I said, all of their members are Christians. In fact, the only reason parent groups raged about them is because of their name. They simply thought it would be a good band name. In fact, take a look at "After Forever" and even "War Pigs." "After Forever" has very strong Christian themes and "War Pigs" is an anti-war song about God's punishment for war mongers and those who happily profit from the death and destruction it causes.

Also, off topic, but full of relevant irony, the upsidedown cross was never meant as a Satanic symbol. It was actually a Catholic symbol that represented the way that Peter, the first pope, was crucified. Because Peter felt unworthy to be crucified the same way as Jesus, he chose to be crucified upside down. Believe it or not, the upside down cross is supposed to be called Peter's Cross.