Kingdom Hearts II Non-Existent Easter Egg?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by raitomidnight555, Oct 21, 2014.

1. raitomidnight555 Moogle Assistant

Around 2007, I finally bought Kingdom Hearts II. At the time I was around 9 years old, and finished the game on Beginner Mode. I remember counting the "tombstones" in Proof of Existence, and counting the large door with the 1 over it, I counted 14. Upon examination, the 14th read: It's too broken to read. I thought of it as an error, and payed no mind to it. When 358/2 Days was released, I had forgotten about what I had seen. However, I recently found my old PS2, and bought a new copy of the game. When I came to Proof of Existence, I remembered. To my surprise, it wasn't there. I've looked it up online, but it seems no one else has seen this. Has anyone else seen this, or has Namine been adding to my memory?

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

You lost me. What's the Easter egg supposed to be?

3. raitomidnight555 Moogle Assistant

I believe it's supposed to be a hint at Xion, if, as I said, my memory is not wrong.

4. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

the one that's really damaged is zexion's since we never saw his weapon before...so they kept it a secret i think?
    xion never got a tombstone because she was never an actual member

5. Explode Who?!

I'm pretty sure you just counted wrong. There's 12 tombstones (six on each side), and then the doorway forward for Xemnas. Zexion's tombstone is smashed so you can't see his weapon (as this was before you ever fought him, so his weapon wasn't revealed). If you examine it, it says "The Cloaked Schemer". It's possible you're confusing the "It's too broken to read" with something else. Phrases like that are pretty common in video games.

6. Mixt The dude that does the thing

More accurately Zexion didn't have a weapon when KH2 was released (based on stuff like not even being in concept art that got released later). But yes his tile was broken because they weren't sure how to express that he was an odd one out and it allowed them to retcon one in.

Xion is never truly considered a member. Much like when Xemnas tells you to count the thrones in Days, she may get a coat and go on missions but there were only ever 13 actual members.

Furthermore Nomura hadn't settled on Xion on her story at the time of KH2. In interviews he said he wanted to tell the story of Roxas and the organization, and that he liked the idea of him leaving because of a girl, but he hadn't decided on anything past that.