Nomura's hints towards New Project!? + New Scans

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Xaldin ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EditE-gad ignore literally everything I said, earlier on that article it's a YEAR old

According to Famitsu, on March 23rd in Los Angeles there was a party in which Square-Enix attended in commemoration of Kingdom Hearts II's success in North America. The one and only Tetsuya Nomura popped by as well, a staff from Famitsu managed to talk with Nomura on March 24th leading him to the questioned comment. "What is Nomura's big surprise!?"

Starting off is the content in North America's version of Kingdom Hearts II.

Despite there being some addition from the Japanese version, it was told there was no big difference between the North American version, and the Japanese version.
    However the main problem was the Pirates of the Caribbean world. These problems included things such as Drinking, shape of the enemy's weapons. Some situations. Nomura wasn't sure if anyone really noticed this one, but the layout of the level received some editing as well. It seemed necessary to add these changes due to the difference of nationality.
    As for [FINAL MIX] it will receive all the changes the North American version had. For Final Mix hitting America, Nomura's only response was He did not Schedule to release it. And for those who believed that KH2 was a conclusion of the series, it isn't.

Nomura stated that "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix is not a game that's meant to be "New""

Kingdom Hearts I and II mainly draw to the events, that happened in Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories.

When the Interviewer brought up "Kingdom Hearts III" Nomura replied with "It will not be called Kingdom Hearts III, or even be numbered at that."

There won't be too many new areas, but things like expressions, animations will remain the same.

Nomura notes that it is hard to bring up answers regarding the next installment. However stated the timeline of Kingdom Heart's Development. Kingdom Hearts was a stand-alone game. As Kingdom Hearts II and Chain of Memories, were worked on together.

He also said that the title of the next installment is still in conceptual work.

Finally came more concentrated talk about the New Project. Upon talking with Nomura he learned that.

- There was no Numbering Title for this one.
    - It will be developed so everyone can still enjoy the world of Kingdom Hearts.
    - This game will focus around those that were in the Secret ending with Kingdom Hearts II.

The Interviewer asked Nomura "Will the mystery finally be solved". Nomura only smiled, and questioned back "How probable will it be?"

It should be noted as well, that the full Ceremony for Kingdom Hearts II's sales in North America will be taken place at E3 the reason why at an event is unknown, perhaps it has to do with Nomura's new project being unveiled?

Read the Article

Edit: Also new scans have popped up! Higher Quality of the previous scans we saw before!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Source: 2ch Blog posted 225 for the Famitsu Link and RPGamer for the scans.

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Mar 26, 2007.

1. libregkd
    2. Soushirei
      Soushirei
      Interesting how he emphasizes no numbering. It really promotes the idea of a completely new story--one that doesn't revolve around Sora.

But that also begs the question how the secret boss battle in FM+ will be connected to the story of this new KH game, because obviously with the secret boss battle in existence--it doesn't seem like there is a timeskip, unless time travel is going to be a big element.

But thank goodness for a 100% confirmation of a 'KH3'.
    3. libregkd
    4. Storrini
      Storrini
      Yeah, if we're lucky the "KH3 on the wii???" threads will stop. D:
    5. Inasuma
      Inasuma
      Awesome!!! This makes me anticipate even more.

And "He did not schedule to release it".....:( Damn.
    6. Zeftnon - The Superior
      Zeftnon - The Superior
      Why does Vexen always bend his back and extend his arms when he talks to someone?:confused:
    7. Roxas-
      Roxas-
      Ha ha ha. Very funny Zeftnon. But cool scans and info. Thanks Xaldin!!
    8. kitty_mckechnie
      kitty_mckechnie
      hmmm that's some interesting news for ye... thanks Xaldin. :D
    9. OKexperience
      OKexperience
      thanks Xaldin, but I didn't quite get if it was this article that was a year old or some other one? :(
    10. Antidote
      Antidote
      Why is nothing ever simple with Nomura? He just can't give a simple "yes" or "no", can he? It's always awkward. He'll either just dodge a question, ask whoever is enquiring a question back, etc. 'Not scheduled' isn't a straight answer..
    11. Xata of Organization 14
      Xata of Organization 14
      damn no fm in america.....i hate that guy right now.....i was looking forward to thursday so i could go to microplay and pick up my fm+ :@:@:@
    12. Soushirei
      Soushirei
      People can't give answers to questions that haven't been thoroughly discussed. It's natural for game developers to constantly be asked questions that are usually far beyond what the company's been able to solve or conclude.

It's simple, someone asked if FM+ is coming to NA. Nomura obviously doesn't know the answer to this question, therefore not able to conclude this answer as a 'yes' or 'no'. Forgive a guy for not having the answer to things that are so demanding such as an entirely new continental release, but is required to be as accurate as possible under such circumstances.

Would you rather he say yes and the project ends up being scrapped? Or similarly, Nomura saying no and eventually it becomes a reality? Not only would Nomura lose his credibility, but lying in interviews has really gotten people in sticky situations--just look at Sony's PR.

"He did not schedule to release it" is a pretty fair and accurate deduction. At present, Final Mix+ was not being developed with the anticipation for an NA release. If this changes later, Nomura doesn't know. That is essentially what "He did not schedule to release it" means.

SE is probably going to see how the game does in Japan first before making a final decision.
      Um, sorry to break it to you, but March 29 is the *Japanese* release date. Final Mix+ was never going to be at your Microplay on Thursday even if a NA release was planned.
    13. John S.
      John S.
      Looks like kh3 is on its way! one more round for Sora!
    14. Pumpkin King12
      Pumpkin King12
      Uh.. I'm pretty sure what he meant in most of that is that he's basically ended the KH story, no more playing as Sora from now on, though hopefully some of the old characters will make some appearences....
    15. Xata of Organization 14
      Xata of Organization 14
      hey we dont know that for sure pumpkin king....maybe its a trick
    16. Pumpkin King12
      Pumpkin King12
      Well yeah, it's still possible Sora'll stay around a bit longer, but from what Nomura said, it's just not very likely...
    17. John S.
      John S.
      Too bad its already been stated Kingdom Hearts is Sora's story.
    18. Soushirei
      Soushirei
      It was Sora's Story, yes. But remember Nomura is already emphasizing that the next game will have no numbering, meaning Nomura is really trying to pull away from the main story of KH1 and KH2. This is the biggest sign that Sora may not be the main character in the next KH game. I also distinctively remembering reading a whole lot of stuff back when KH2 was released about the possibility that Sora's story ended after KH2.

The question about whether or not a new main character will be playable is one of the biggest mysteries about 'KH3' right now. It'd be wise to keep an open mind about the possibility of Sora not being the main character anymore.

I doubt he'd be erased from the plot completely, but there is some doubt he's going to star in 'KH3'.
    19. kitty_mckechnie
      kitty_mckechnie
      i would think that may cause some people to be unhappy, if that is the case. Only time will tell if Sora is the main character in the next KH.